The Administration Thread

Boycie

29 minutes ago, Crewton said:

The Auditors, AFAIAA 

It won’t be the auditors, they just basically rubberstamp accounts (or not), they won’t be involved in the actual formulation of them. Odds are, it’ll be something like Morris and Pearce asking the accountants what scope there was for creating some headroom, and this is what the accountants came up with, in the belief it was legal.

57 minutes ago, The Baron said:

It wasn’t Stephen Pearce or Morris who came up with the idea.

Was it Stephen Morris he comes up with good ideas and brings joy in any division and is always up for new order.

"I want to see my family

My Derby County waiting for me

I've got to go home

I've been so alone, you see".............

In the light of the latest tweets .. I’m just going to add those famous words, beloved of all families across generations, as a journey nears its end ……. 

ARE WE NEARLY THERE YET ??

There was a moment when as a child, Anglesey was the chosen destination .. there was a first glimpse of the sea somewhere around Colwyn bay and then, even though you hadn’t actually arrived, there was the golden gate - a visual wonder to a 6 year old ( aka Menai Bridge ) cross that and let the holiday commence .

.I think we’ve crossed the bridge .. hang in there team, a few short moments and  … it’s  ice creams every day, sandcastles, sunburn and Dad grumping about spades and sand messing up the car

Bring on Sunderland and Plymouth bring on Tractors boys by score.

Just can’t wait for Tuesday COYR 

Edited by jono

2 minutes ago, jono said:

In the light of the latest tweets .. I’m just going to add those famous words, beloved of all families across generations, as a journey nears its end ……. 

ARE WE NEARLY THERE YET ??

There was a moment when as a child, Anglesey was the chosen destination .. there was a first glimpse of the sea somewhere around Colwyn bay and then, even though you hadn’t actually arrived, there was the golden gate - a visual wonder to a 6 year old ( aka Menai Bridge ) cross that and let the holiday commence .

.I think we’ve crossed the bridge .. hang in there team, a few short moments and  … it’s  ice creams every day, sandcastles, sunburn and Dad grumping about spades and sand messing up the car

Bring on Sunderland and Plymouth bring on Tractors boys by score.

Just can’t wait for Tuesday COYR 

I thought Sunderland got promoted

3 hours ago, Arsene Titman said:

I think there is a need for some balance here. I do agree that Mel is the villain - he  put us into administration when he had previously vowed to continue financing us until he could sell the club, and he left us with a lot of debt. If the information we are given is correct, he is also not asking for repayment of £135,000,000 of loans to the club and he has sold the ground for £23,000,000 ,although it was valued at £81,000,000, which will be used to pay off his debt to MSD. He was naive and got out of his depth in trying to get us to the promised land but for you to say that he is “Truly one of the most repugnant human beings to ever walk this planet” is ridiculously over the top. I hope I never come before you in a court of law.

Important to differentiate between him not wanting the repayment of the loan out of the goodness of his heart, which was definitely offset for the stealing of said ground, and him not having a chance in a month of Sundays if getting it back. We would’ve simply gone bust had he tried to claw back some money.

It doesn’t change the fact that he, as a Derby born supporter, paid no mind in almost destroying his boyhood club. Imagine the kind of malice it takes to do something like that? Out of all the most disgusting human beings to ever walk the planet, very few decided to s*** on their own doorstep as the first port of call.  

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

It won’t be the auditors, they just basically rubberstamp accounts (or not), they won’t be involved in the actual formulation of them. Odds are, it’ll be something like Morris and Pearce asking the accountants what scope there was for creating some headroom, and this is what the accountants came up with, in the belief it was legal.

I'm pretty sure it was Andrew Delve of Smith Cooper, the Auditors, who came up with the idea. Delve has had a long standing relationship with MM and I believe his role is referred to in the Decisions from the two Arbitration panels. 

45 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Important to differentiate between him not wanting the repayment of the loan out of the goodness of his heart, which was definitely offset for the stealing of said ground, and him not having a chance in a month of Sundays if getting it back. We would’ve simply gone bust had he tried to claw back some money.

It doesn’t change the fact that he, as a Derby born supporter, paid no mind in almost destroying his boyhood club. Imagine the kind of malice it takes to do something like that? Out of all the most disgusting human beings to ever walk the planet, very few decided to s*** on their own doorstep as the first port of call.  

It wasn't his boyhood club. When he was a boy he had no interest whatsoever in football or Derby County. He went to the same school as me and he was notorious for his aversion to sport and physical education. The PE teachers regarded their biggest challenge of every week as getting Morris into the gym or onto the sports field. He hated it and was only interested in cars. His first attendance at a Derby County game was post Millennium when he went with a business associate to Pride Park. He was one of the League of Gentlemen under Peter Gadsby but you may remember we never heard a word from him during that time; we heard from all of the others but not from Morris who was almost anonymous. There was a good reason for that; the rest of them had a lifelong interest in sport, football and Derby County. They could hold their own speaking about the game but Morris could not.

The next time we heard about him was when he took the club over after his windfall from his investment in the King Corporation, generated by the success of Candy Crush. Then he pronounced himself as a supporter since 1969 when he attended the famous record BBG attendance against Spurs when we won 5-0. Those of us who remembered the reality fell about laughing at the re-invention of himself but we're not laughing now. He pretended to know all about football when really he knew nothing. That was a major part of his downfall. His ego was so big that in the football world he thought he could bluster his way through. He loved the ego trip of associating with Lampard, Harry Redknapp and Rooney. That's why he continued spending recklessly when he knew the finances were out of control. But one day a couple or so years ago it dawned on him that the game was up and the financial folly couldn't continue. That's when he started looking for buyers for the club but nobody credible would touch him and he suddenly went silent in communicating with the fans. The game was up.

He must have loved it when the fans sang 'He's one of our own.' That polished his massive ego but he never was one of us. One of our own could never have damaged Derby County in the way he has because we care too much.

38 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Jesus wept! And some people object to Wayne Rooney being nominated for the Freedom of the City of Derby!

5 hours ago, Crewton said:

Meanwhile, Speckled Jim has arrived in Bristol with the latest news from the Front Line :Screenshot_20220527-164904-01-01.thumb.jpeg.0c223804485a3a3a6844f7d704302a6c.jpeg

My favourite bit of this is “Now personally I’m not bothered” from a guy who is the dictionary definition of ‘bothered’ by our supposed indiscretions. Looking forward to us moving on in the next few weeks, and the likes of this sad sack still scrabbling around in the debris for something to pin on us. Pathetic.