The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Is this that elusive 48 hour period that people have been harping on about for two years?

Are we actually there now? 
It feels… kinda… scary!

#excitingtimes

#friday13th

#holdontight

?

If CK buys the stadium hmmm maybe it could happen within a couple of days. If he’s to lease the stadium from new purchasers of it, I’d think it’ll take longer

The only updates we’ve had this week is confirmation of some local businessmen trying to do a deal for PP, a hint CK may be doing something similar, and a tweet from CK saying he hopes to get this done ahead of when his exclusivity expires. We also know Ashley is waiting if it fails. 

It looks like we’re going to have a club to support which many doubted, the only thing is now will next season be a promotion push or a relegation battle and that all depends on who buys the club and how much longer this drags on. For that reason I hope CK gets it done.

anyone who thinks MA (or anyone else for that matter) can submit a plan to the EFL that doesn't pay off debts BUT does allow a spending spree needs to lay down the crack-pipe and give their head a wobble.

The EFL would never allow such a snide business plan, and if the club deviates from the agreed business plan, further point deductions and umbongos are inflicted.

Stop pining for some ridiculous notion that someone is gonna spend money above and beyond the sensible, cos it ain't happening.

16 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

So the big day has arrived... The last working day before the preferred bidder's period of exclusivity expires; deadline day, make or break; decision day; the climax of months of stress.

My bet is we will hear absolutely nothing.

The exclusivity period has expired before and been extended. Have they said it can’t or won’t be extended again?

25 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

The only updates we’ve had this week is confirmation of some local businessmen trying to do a deal for PP, a hint CK may be doing something similar, and a tweet from CK saying he hopes to get this done ahead of when his exclusivity expires. We also know Ashley is waiting if it fails. 

It looks like we’re going to have a club to support which many doubted, the only thing is now will next season be a promotion push or a relegation battle and that all depends on who buys the club and how much longer this drags on. For that reason I hope CK gets it done.

I really hope CK can get this done also.
Not moaning at you but MA generally - How do we know Ashley is waiting or what Ashley's plan will be? Some have suggested he will do a deal with Mel for stadium then screw creditors, some have suggested that he will allow the club to be liquidated and start with a phoenix club in said ground, some say he will screw over everyone, -15 then rooney walks etc and we end up with steve bruce etc. Birmingham fans all over twitter last week convinced he was buying them and thought funny as it would shaft us also!

We have no idea as he doesnt seem to have had the decency to get involved in the process other than a statement via his PR person yonks ago and then seemingly hovering around like a vulture but nothing substantiated on that. people moan about CK's twitter openness but MA is totally the other end of the spectrum.  

20 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

The exclusivity period has expired before and been extended. Have they said it can’t or won’t be extended again?

You are missing the point I was trying to make.....

Whatever happens - or doesn't happen - today, my bet is that we will all be here refreshing our browsers for the news and there won't be any official announcements. It will all be silent.

35 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

anyone who thinks MA (or anyone else for that matter) can submit a plan to the EFL that doesn't pay off debts BUT does allow a spending spree needs to lay down the crack-pipe and give their head a wobble.

The EFL would never allow such a snide business plan, and if the club deviates from the agreed business plan, further point deductions and umbongos are inflicted.

Stop pining for some ridiculous notion that someone is gonna spend money above and beyond the sensible, cos it ain't happening.

Fair point. And in cases where a club emerges from admin under the same ownership as before, you’d expect the EFL to drive a very hard line. Hopefully they will give CK a bit of slack, since he was not instrumental in the turpitude 

2 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Fair point. And in cases where a club emerges from admin under the same ownership as before, you’d expect the EFL to drive a very hard line. Hopefully they will give CK a bit of slack, since he was not instrumental in the turpitude 

You'd think right?

Apparently the business plan is basically agreed between cK and the EFL and (if he does get it over the line) as long as it's not "taking the urine" he'll be ok with small exceedances that can be argued as necessary, but, it's the EFL.

10 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

It seems obvious that Ashley checked out at Newcastle...partly because of his poor relationship with the fans & partly because he was looking to sell for a number of years. That would appear to explain the lack of investment in the facilities & the 'functional' transfer budgets.

I don't think he'd want to buy Derby to have that kind of experience again & settling for midtable in the Championship (whilst better than where we are now) would ultimately cause unrest when we do get back up. My hunch is that he will fund where he needs to but will learn from the mistakes of Morris in looking at a long term strategy to get success (insist on Academy prospects getting game time, no big signings, no older players unless exceptional cost v benefit rationale). I'd be perfectly comfortable with all that.

Being a shrewd businessman, he will always have an eye on the exit & to get a decent return on investment. For a reputed investment of circa 40-50m (stadium plus creditor settlement), he would be looking at a sale close to 100m as a minimum. He wont get that for selling a midtable Championship side.

That was Morris's asking price....  He couldn't sell.though, maybe because of impending points deductions...  Its a mess now though for sure.

Still got a feeling that Ashley will be our new owner come the end of next week...

Steve Nicholson replied to one of yesterday's Q&A that the exclusivity period may be extended again.

He made a wry reply when asked if Ashley was still in the background, along the lines of 'Has he ever been away?' I think @LeedsCityRam summed it up, however. Ashley may be a billionaire, but his finances are probably complicated etc, and in the end he is a hard nosed businessman, he won't recoup anything on us unless we do reach the PL, vis a recent offer for Sheff United. It's the game-changer/gamble that Morris believes it to be but he went the wrong way about it. Ashley was able to run Newcastle the way he did (prudently) through that PL revenue rather than his own money. 

CK appears genuine, but is an unknown quantity. MA an unsentimental businessman, but whose approach may be better suited to a club with more modest ambitions than Newcastle's. Heart says CK, head says MA. If only Mel had had a bit more Mike Ashley about him & had sat in the stand in a Derby shirt & a pint in his hand.

I think liquidation won't happen, but if it is MA instead of CK, then we may suffer more points deductions. I hope it's resolved soon (understatement). It's galling to see Chelsea being bought for £4.25bn, to think £45m would purchase us & Pride Park, just over 1% of that offer for Chelsea. I know it is much more complicated than that (London real estate prices).

And then you have Jim Ratcliffe banging on about a British bid for a British club. He owns Nice in Ligue 1 which he bought for £91m. He could have a 'British club' for peanuts in comparison.

16 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

I really hope CK can get this done also.
Not moaning at you but MA generally - How do we know Ashley is waiting or what Ashley's plan will be? Some have suggested he will do a deal with Mel for stadium then screw creditors, some have suggested that he will allow the club to be liquidated and start with a phoenix club in said ground, some say he will screw over everyone, -15 then rooney walks etc and we end up with steve bruce etc. Birmingham fans all over twitter last week convinced he was buying them and thought funny as it would shaft us also!

We have no idea as he doesnt seem to have had the decency to get involved in the process other than a statement via his PR person yonks ago and then seemingly hovering around like a vulture but nothing substantiated on that. people moan about CK's twitter openness but MA is totally the other end of the spectrum.  

We don’t know what Ashley’s plan would be, most people are assuming he will pay Mel and minimal amount to the creditors resulting in -15, some say we’ll be a Phoenix club in league 2 - this in my opinion won’t happen as there is no way enough of the 72 clubs will vote it through. Personally I think -15 is likely with Ashley but we’re speculating. But we’re not speculating about his interest in the club, this is out there through reputable journalists, and I heard his people (Lee Charnley) have had meetings with local councillors. He wouldnt be doing that if he didn’t want the club. If CK fails I fully expect Ashley will conclude a deal.

Is MA owning the club a good thing, I don’t know possibly long term but the sheer fact it would mean adding more time to the process Rooney and players leaving, add in a possible -15 points, we could end up with at least a couple of years down there, whereas conclude this quickly and we still have the massive momentum from this season which quite possibly has been the most positive relegation of all time. 

10 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Yes and he seems to be trying to engage positively

24 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

That's true about CK, but the main point about the business plan still applies to him as to any new owner. Every extra pound invested in players is a pound that they could have paid to creditors when buying the club, but decided not to.