The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Can’t really argue with this. But CK’s offer (cleverly crafted, excluding the stadium) falls well short of the bar and if MA had a suitable offer in his boxer shorts would we not have seen it ? 
If MA gets the deal then I think next season will be really hard work for us 

Why does it fall well short of the bar? It appears that the only thing 'wrong' with CK's offer is the stadium, as you mentioned. The EFL seemed satisfied that it does everything else required for the club to successfully exit administration without incurring the deduction.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

But he will care about success!

Not sure you can say that when he will willingly take a 15 point penalty which could see us relegated to league 2

If he doesn't pay off the 20% creditor debt in one go and does it over 2 years then we will stay under embargo until it is paid. No buying players, no loans and a wage cap of 4.5k was what Bolton got.

42 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Unless MA has upped his offer significantly or he has an ace up his sleeve for the stadium I can’t see how him coming back in helps anyone.

I imagine even the administrators are pulling their hair out now. Got a good enough deal to see us on no minus figures for next season but Mel won’t play ball. 

The club goes into liquidation then MA buys the ground from MM to cover his debt owed on the ground he then buys the club for a minimal amount and starts off with a phoenix club. I don't think it's the club he is interested in more the ground.

14 minutes ago, Papahet said:

The admins aren't communicating with MA, this isn't the first time it's been reported.

Dorsett, Nixon and Percy etc said this since the turn of the year .

So, Why aren't the admins having contact with Ashley's camp? What's the reluctance behind that..? 

It's the admins duty to talk to an interested party and Mike Ashley is in my opinion, a genuine interest to purchasing the club.

If that keen to buy he would surely have got out and been more forceful and publicly stated his position, however to do that would have limited his chances of rinsing the creditors.

waiting and screwing the price down hits the creditors and possibly loses players and staff who don’t want to wait around.

However it is a sure fire dereliction of duty by admins if his is a decent bid.

The crucial issue is still the stadium sale - the club is worth bugger all without the ground....

CK seems to be happy to overpay for the club to let us start next season in a reasonable state (which never made sense to me), but hasn't found a way to get his hands on the ground. Why this is is currently unclear:

• does CK have sufficient funds to buy both the club and the ground? - if not, highly worrying....
  • is CK simply refusing to pay what Morris wants? or is Morris refusing to drop his asking price as he doesn't want to lose any further money?
  • is Morris simply refusing to sell to CK following the Twitter comments?
  • Did CK think by agreeing the deal for the club, Morris would play ball regarding the ground? (as he had indicated previously) and has now found that not to be the case?
  • Has Morris got a price agreed with MA for the ground that it higher than CK (or the Council/3rd party) is willing to pay?

My gut feel is that the whole club including the ground is probably worth less than £30M - unfortunately with Morris demanding £20M+ for the ground, that doesn't get us out of admin in an 'acceptable' way. Unless Morris simply hands over the ground and takes the additional loss, I simply can't see a way forward that doesn't involve further sanctions or liquidation....

It's felt like a slow, drawn-out death for the past couple of years.

Ashley could 'save' us but it would only lead to an extension of that feeling. We'd be 'secure' but kept under lock and chain, miserable, depleted, feeding off scraps, begging for him to sell up to someone who'll treat us better.

All extraneous spending cut, Academy status down to Category 3, no Rams TV, stadium falling to bits, training facilities down to the most basic of standards...

It'd just be replacing one hell with another.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

Sorry to really hammer this home, but...

Ignore any misgivings for MA as an owner for a moment.

The facts are:

The structure of CK's offer - albeit without the stadium - has been accepted by the admins, and the EFL, and would allow the club to exit administration without incurring the -15(+) points deduction.

With this, you could reasonably say that the CK offer would be the baseline, the cheapest it gets. He's hardly going to pay more than is necessary.

We know that the price for the stadium, unless Mel moves, which seems very unlikely, is £22m.

Given what we know about how MA operates - swoop in at the last possible moment for the cheapest possible price - the thing that puzzles me the most, and thus worries me the most, with MAs 'offer', is he likely to match CK + £22m?

I would say not. So what will budge? 

Edited by Animal is a Ram

1 minute ago, Animal is a Ram said:

The facts are:

The structure of CK's offer - albeit without the stadium - has been accepted by the admins, and the EFL, and would allow the club to exit administration without incurring the -15(+) points deduction.

With this, you could reasonably say that the CK offer would be the baseline, the cheapest it gets. He's hardly going to pay more than is necessary.

We know that the price for the stadium, unless Mel moves, which seems very unlikely, is £22m.

Given what we know about how MA operates - swoop in at the last possible moment for the cheapest possible price - the thing that puzzles me the most, and thus worries me the most, with MAs 'offer', is he likely to match CK + £22m?

I would say not.

Think he might.

19 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Why does it fall well short of the bar? It appears that the only thing 'wrong' with CK's offer is the stadium, as you mentioned. The EFL seemed satisfied that it does everything else required for the club to successfully exit administration without incurring the deduction.

His offer is well short of the bar because with nothing from MM or the council we can’t pay creditors enough to avoid further deductions. That’s what I meant 

1 minute ago, Animal is a Ram said:

The facts are:

I would say not.

I don’t want dip head MA.
CK for me

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

His offer is well short of the bar because with nothing from MM or the council we can’t pay creditors enough to avoid further deductions. That’s what I meant 

I thought it was already clear that his offer meant no further penalties?