The Administration Thread

Boycie

3 hours ago, Oldben said:

If it were MA instead of CK, we would know for sure it's a billionaire and we know where most if ma money comes from or at least the amount mentioned in the press.

We also know that ma is vastly experienced in football club ownership.

I guess a factor behind ck is the money, is it his or does it come from venture capital or anonymous backers.

If its from anonymous backers, are any of those from a dubious source.

Mind you I'm not overly concerned about the dubious source as current rules on money laundering and financial regulations should prevent that.

Ck says he's that after the money runs out for the administrators in the future he will be funding the club but that in the future he might look for other investors to help fund the club.

Question: is it better to have investor like MA where you know where the money comes from, and it comes from someone who understands the dynamics of running a football club.

Or, is it better to have potentially multiple investors where potentially if something goes wrong your left with creditors like msd.

We have had a few unscrupulous investors attempt to buy the club.

If Appleby had bought the club, he's meant to be someone who has a desire to see the best for the club. However, that's an approach that didn't work so well with mm ie local fan buys the club.

If someone buys it purely as an investment is that a concern? I mean what happens if that doesn't bring a return on the investment.

Ck says he fully backs rooney.

Rooney for me hasn't been fully tested, this season it's been like, well if you fail to successfully manage the team it's possible to walk away and say look at the mess that club was in.

Is he good enough to promote the team if its in League one, noting that there are some good managers/teams in League one.

I don't see League one as easy without the right team/manager.

Does anyone know if MA would have kept rooney at the club?

If he proved evidence of 1 billion in an account would that cheer people up?

It doesn’t mean it’s earmarked for Derby County though.

Splashing huge amounts of cash is what got us where we are.

We need the same team spirt as this current team has mixed with the Clough/Mac2 squad.  Young and hungry to succeed, if that’s enough to build a tidal wave to the Prem like what Arthur Cox made happen, I’d be happy.

1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

Well seeing many comments on here I assume those making them would be pleased he is in Augusta and that his team including Cook are progressing things. People werent happy with MM interfering and now someone is letting their team do their actual jobs they are not happy either. Do people really think any of MA, CK, AA, the Binnies etc do the work behind a deal themselves? Crikey give the bloke a break.
None of us know what has happened or what will happen but CK seems to want to progress this and is making the right noises which is something none of the others who expressed interest did at all. Noone seemed to want yo progress until we were all but dead as a club. So until there is actually something to moan about good luck Chris

Well, as long as he isn't using the same team as at Preston?  Oh, hang on....

And 2 weeks less to get the deal done before the money runs out.

There are some serious conversations to be had with MSD, MM, HMRC, EFL.  If his team couldn't answer PNE's questions and concerns, knock together a business plan, or show the original sources of the £60M on the bank statement, then perhaps CK should take more of a hands-on approach?  I think a lot of people would be happy to see CK in the country progressing the deal and having those face-to-face conversations.  I do totally agree 100% with your last paragraph.  Good Luck Chris!

34 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Ck says he's that after the money runs out for the administrators in the future he will be funding the club but that in the future he might look for other investors to help fund the club.

Question: is it better to have investor like MA where you know where the money comes from, and it comes from someone who understands the dynamics of running a football club.

Or, is it better to have potentially multiple investors where potentially if something goes wrong your left with creditors like msd.

We have had a few unscrupulous investors attempt to buy the club.

If Appleby had bought the club, he's meant to be someone who has a desire to see the best for the club. However, that's an approach that didn't work so well with mm ie local fan buys the club.

If someone buys it purely as an investment is that a concern? I mean what happens if that doesn't bring a return on the investment.

Ck says he fully backs rooney.

Rooney for me hasn't been fully tested, this season it's been like, well if you fail to successfully manage the team it's possible to walk away and say look at the mess that club was in.

Is he good enough to promote the team if its in League one, noting that there are some good managers/teams in League one.

I don't see League one as easy without the right team/manager.

Does anyone know if MA would have kept rooney at the club?

Not sure CK is part of multiple investors, he says he might bring in external support in certain areas but this takeover is basically him ?

1 hour ago, Jortat said:

CK said he provided a bank statement and he has 60m in his account.

Erm.  Hang on... So he has made a public statement that he has £60m in his account? 

So we have 3 x dozen pages claiming nobody knows what he's worth, and you've known the facts all along?   Grrrrr... seethe... etc.

Oh... and just as a matter of interest... was that the balance before he bought his plane, or after?  I hope the latter, otherwise things are gonna get pretty tight, if he's only got £38m left now!  We may not get our free DCFC Baseball caps after all.  ? 

23 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

So you could see an MA bid, if made, failing due to lack of funds ? Really ?But that is not being anti CK before you get on your high horse, hope it all goes through smoothly…….

Simply asked you to qualify your post on a public footy forum is all. No need for drama is there really?

Never mind.

20 minutes ago, RamBeauIV said:

Well, as long as he isn't using the same team as at Preston?  Oh, hang on....

And 2 weeks less to get the deal done before the money runs out.

There are some serious conversations to be had with MSD, MM, HMRC, EFL.  If his team couldn't answer PNE's questions and concerns, knock together a business plan, or show the original sources of the £60M on the bank statement, then perhaps CK should take more of a hands-on approach?  I think a lot of people would be happy to see CK in the country progressing the deal and having those face-to-face conversations.  I do totally agree 100% with your last paragraph.  Good Luck Chris!

The business world somehow managed to keep going in the pandemic without people globetrotting. My husband used to go to meetings in Germany twice a month and hasnt been since it all started and strangely its all doing fine without

He also may not have overly publicised his wealth in the States, and combined with the lack of a single big cash income (e.g. Selling some random app for 0.5 Billion), I'm not surprised we can only speculate on his wealth. The press wont like that and thus will bring negative news stories (shock), let's face it they also want the story of announcing Ashley back, if only for one days headlines. 

He said what I wanted to hear in his Twitter Q&A but that means nothing until it actually happens. Cook wont be around if he is a pauper though, Cook could also be the big difference here as he is a football man.

A bit like with managers, there is no guarantee of success whether its someone local or abroad, up & coming or experienced.

What we do know is CK is the only person so far to put his money where his mouth is and bid enough to be PB, so unless that falls through he should get our full support just like Rooney & the players have had.

He has shown proof of funds to the admins, Preston & the EFL so far - us fans will never get to see his true worth and nor should we so I will take it that he has enough money if he signs on the dotted line and becomes our owner.

I also have no issue with him on Twitter, I have always liked the way Peterboroughs owner has interacted on there so if done in the right way I think it could be a good thing for us, alot of criticism of Mel was how there was a lack of communication.

So, for now, he is the man saving us from liquidation, lets show him our support and back him until there is a reason not to.

32 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Erm.  Hang on... So he has made a public statement that he has £60m in his account? 

So we have 3 x dozen pages claiming nobody knows what he's worth, and you've known the facts all along?   Grrrrr... seethe... etc.

Oh... and just as a matter of interest... was that the balance before he bought his plane, or after?  I hope the latter, otherwise things are gonna get pretty tight, if he's only got £38m left now!  We may not get our free DCFC Baseball caps after all.  ? 

It was after , so get your baseball cap orders in ??

No idea whether this guy has the money or not,but it's worth noting that if you invested 100 dollars in Bitcoin in 2014,it's now worth just of 8 billion dollars now. 

I've read that he cashed out on some of his profits recently do maybe he does have some serious amount of personal cash 

1 hour ago, Addingham Ram said:

Don't you think that's how we should be run moving forward?

The days of relying on an owner's personal wealth should be put firmly behind us.

Let's grow sustainably.

With our fan base, and potential sponsorship, we should have funds to put together a reasonable squad, without CK getting his wallet out. If not, and we do rely on CK's wealth, we'd simply be going down the same old route again. Is that really what we want?

The fanbase will have a big impact on this, No success and the natives can get restless, Owners don't like criticism, If they fail to dip their hands into their pockets, Attendances will go down, Supporters are a strange bread, We can love and hate our team ion equal amounts...Football is a funny old game said Jimmy Greaves 

Norwich and WBA are 2 clubs that yo yo and rely of Premier money, A good season in the Championship, And probably followed by relegation the next season, Burnley borrowed money to buy Burnley, A few seasons in the Premier with a Centre Forward that kept them there, Now he's at Newcastle things look a little bleak, Watford well...there Watford just can't make them out ?‍♀️.

Everton pi$$ed money away and struggling, Leeds after a good season are good one week and not so good the next, Admittedly they have had a shocking injury season, Those outside the top 6 are chasing their tails while walking up the down escalator, Southampton and Leicester borrow from future season ticket sales, The Premier League is a minefield that's being cleared by a blind man with a sharp stick.