The Administration Thread

Boycie

12 hours ago, Turk Thrust said:

It follows the 19th century Oxbridge slang of shortening words like “brekkers” for “breakfast” so that Rugby Football became “rugger” and Association Football became at first “assocer” and then “soccer” . I’m old enough to remember in the 50s when soccer was used almost as much as football and quite a few footy magazines were called “Soccer Star” and “Soccer Review”. The USA used soccer to differentiate it from American football 

And the TV programme "Star Soccer"

7 hours ago, Andicis said:

I'm fairly impressed by some of the provided answers from Kirchner. He's being very open and forthcoming with answers, I particularly liked his reference to our academy infrastructure, if that is the direction he wants to build the club in that is a very positive move.

He's certainly done his homework 

1 hour ago, Gritstone Ram said:

He sound ok but can he put his money where his mouth is? How much can these make in crypto money? 

Says somewhere that he's got rid of 90% of it now. Mentions volatility of market or something. Sounds like he made his money early doors and has collected his winnings! 

Edited by angieram
Found the quote.

1 hour ago, Gritstone Ram said:

He sound ok but can he put his money where his mouth is? How much can these make in crypto money? 

It depends when he initially bought it. But between 2013-2015 1 Bitcoin was worth between £60 to £500…it was as low as £1 around 2011.

1 Bitcoin is now worth £32k but has been as high as £50k. Some people bought Bitcoin when it was worth like 10p each and made tens of millions.

Edited by Mckram

If it were MA instead of CK, we would know for sure it's a billionaire and we know where most if ma money comes from or at least the amount mentioned in the press.

We also know that ma is vastly experienced in football club ownership.

I guess a factor behind ck is the money, is it his or does it come from venture capital or anonymous backers.

If its from anonymous backers, are any of those from a dubious source.

Mind you I'm not overly concerned about the dubious source as current rules on money laundering and financial regulations should prevent that.

5 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Gerald Krasner, former Wigan administrator, advised on radio derby during the week that we should ignore all newspaper stories for the next 3 weeks as there will be lots of agitators out there looking to scupper the deal if they can.

I'll be following his advice.

I tend to think we won`t hear anything factual until either:

a. A deal is finalised

b. The deal collapses / CK pulls out

38 minutes ago, eccles the ram said:

EFL have apparently seen and accepted that he has the funds but I am still a bit sceptical. I hope I am wrong and he brings a period of stability to this great club of ours. Something is niggling me. Perhaps all the other failed bids etc.. have browbeaten me down. Please Mr K. DON'T let the fans down. Thank you.UTR.

Exactly, feel the same but ?