The Administration Thread

Boycie

26 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

a bit harsh. There are thousands of words out there describing what’s going on and we broadly know what everyone’s motivations are. So the opinions of anyone who takes the trouble to read, listen and understand is not just speculating. Obviously I don’t put myself in that category  

So, just to be completely clear so I know the background to future utterances, you haven’t taken the trouble to read, listen and understand and you have been speculating. 

45 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

a bit harsh. There are thousands of words out there describing what’s going on and we broadly know what everyone’s motivations are. So the opinions of anyone who takes the trouble to read, listen and understand is not just speculating. Obviously I don’t put myself in that category  

I think you take the trouble to read into things that aren't there. The poster is right we actually do not know what has gone on. We do not know what the bids have been , what conditions have been attached to those bids and so on. So there is no point in criticising Quantuma if you do not know those facts.  

The only thing we can reasonably say is that Quantuma have been unduly optimistic in their timelines.

2 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

Nixon is going on about the ground ownership yet again. Doesn't he realise CK came back in when rumors of the council buying the ground. IE something changed regarding the ground, council or not.

Dont think he is stirring the pot a bit

55 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Thousands of words and within those words some are true and some are not. We just are not in a position to know which are which although some will tell you they do

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

We never questioned the title of ITV's sunday highlights programme back in the seventies. 'Star Soccer'. Commentator, Hugh Johns would describe Derby players playing in white shirts, dark blue shorts and white 'stockings'!

I’ve just thought. I still refer to players’ hose as stockings. But then I am very very old 

2 hours ago, ram59 said:

We never questioned the title of ITV's sunday highlights programme back in the seventies. 'Star Soccer'. Commentator, Hugh Johns would describe Derby players playing in white shirts, dark blue shorts and white 'stockings'!

Hugh Jarse, as he was known round our way. 

I should say that Star Soccer was a fixture of our Sunday afternoons when pubs were closed between 2-7pm and he, Billy Wright and Gary Newbon were almost part of the family, even if they were a bit West Midlands biased. 

Edited by Crewton

4 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

The only thing we can reasonably say is that Quantuma have been unduly optimistic in their timelines.

More time more risk in this sort of situation. I was surprised in Sept when they proposed a bidder would be announced in January. Particularly after a sale process had been ongoing for 18 months. I would have expected them to aim for something earlier. They should have done imo. The team has paid the price and I hope MM will agree to pay a price, so that we can close a deal with CK

(I hope in time we put CK’s rough edges down to youthful enthusiasm. I ‘speculate’ there’s a lot of that in him. But I think we’ll hear plenty more stories that question Q’s competence. Let’s see )

Just to reflect on the views expressed on here: some people get angry with posts criticising  Q because they are determined that the EFL is to blame. Others get angry because it deflects from the blame that MM deserves for our plight. I don’t think either perspective is useful. MM must inevitably shoulder most of the blame but Gibson’s impact has been destructive. And our problems have been compounded by the EFL, Q and a whole load of bad luck.  The black or white stuff on here is very tiresome  and simplistic

Edited by kevinhectoring

4 hours ago, I know nuffin said:

Thousands of words and within those words some are true and some are not. We just are not in a position to know which are which although some will tell you they do

So if you’d spent 35 years working alongside people like Quantuma, MSD and the club’s auditors and with regulators, QCs,  judges and other lawyers, do you think that would give you any insight ? 

3 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

So if you’d spent 35 years working alongside people like Quantuma, MSD and the club’s auditors and with regulators, QCs,  judges and other lawyers, do you think that would give you any insight ? 

60+ years on this planet has given me enough insight to know that men like Gibson and Parry are pathetic, weak individuals who believe they are more important than anyone else and have usually surrounded themselves with yes men so no one has ever told them they are complete and utter bankers.

22 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Do you think MSD could appoint admins at 202 tomorrow and arrange the grant of a 99 year lease of PP to the club? Interested in your thoughts.   

It’s been suggested (recently) that MM has a £20m deposit collateralising a PG of £20m of the MSD debt, which complicates things.  Quite possible that - in light of this - Q should have insisted that 202 was initially placed into administration. 

Interested in your thoughts on that as well.  

@i-Ramdid you miss this? Instead of sarky emojis and personal abuse it’d be good to know your views on the substance 

5 minutes ago, MidWalesRam said:

EFL insiders...Peter Ridsdale then.

Tbf, there are concerns.

Quantuma are clearly absolutely desperate and Kirchner is last chance saloon.