The Administration Thread

Boycie

Having thought about it, Ashley can go duck himself. If he really wants the club then he's had more than enough time to sort it out. If he's bargain basement shopping then I don't want him anywhere near us as it highlights what he really thinks of us. I'd rather start all over again, leave Mel with a white elephant that he can't shift and hopefully leads him to living in the gutter and see if we can negotiate with the EFL or National League for a league 2 or conference/conference north slot. 

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

Having thought about it, Ashley can go duck himself. If he really wants the club then he's had more than enough time to sort it out. If he's bargain basement shopping then I don't want him anywhere near us as it highlights what he really thinks of us. I'd rather start all over again, leave Mel with a white elephant that he can't shift and hopefully leads him to living in the gutter and see if we can negotiate with the EFL or National League for a league 2 or conference/conference north slot. 

The Club leaving Pride Park would be a mistake we would rue for the next 20 years.

I have no problem it being leased/rented. Owning the stadium is fairly secondary IMO opinion as long as it is our "home" and we have legal protections over being always able to play the

13 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Don’t disagree with you on much Leeds but I don’t want to start off again at that level….

14 minutes ago, RipleyRich said:

Dont lose sight of the fact that Quantuma's responsibility is to the creditors.

If they can't generate an offer that satisfies the creditors, then there is no acceptable offer. I still believe HMRC are having a major influence on this.

For certain it’s HMRC and MSD.

HMRC will have rules but they are pragmatic they want an offer that beats liquidation without a doubt.

I think MSD are the bigger part. I can’t help feeling it has to be the complexity of the stadium debt. They don’t want to call in the loan because then the stadium or the land it stands on will have to be sold (Unless Mel has 20 million in cash hanging around) so it’s going to be very protracted. Thing is .. of the loan is Derby but secured on PPS via Mel .. The interest isn’t going to get paid if we go down in flames. Hey, like everyone else I am guessing. I can’t help feeling HMRC is an open book .. either they get their due share of the purchase price or they don’t. A winding up order won’t help them while prospective purchasers are still around. Without them they get sweet fanny adams. MSD’s situation is different 

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Don’t disagree with you on much Leeds but I don’t want to start off again at that level….

I think it depends on the level. If it's league 2 then I could see several upsides as we could end up there anyway. If it's conference north or below that's probably a different discussion. I totally understand why people don't want to do it but Ashley is clearly not bothered about the club and that always spells trouble for any potential ownership. 

1 hour ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

And as a result, is lowering the price of a) the club and b) the stadium. Don't forget the man has years of experience in the cut throat business of retail and made himself a billionaire where most people have gone bankrupt. My previous employer supplied services to one of his businesses, they will try their very best not to pay a penny more than is needed.

Is the price coming down though - and faster than the assets walking out of the door? Bottom line is there's a minimum amount HMRC will accept, and a minimum amount the EFL demand we pay unsecured creditors. And the problem seems to be getting any of the bids above the latter (and who knows, maybe the former as well). Mel either blinks on the stadium and the £20million MSD debt or he doesn't - but he hasn't so far. 

54 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I find it very odd anyone saying they would prefer liquidation and going bust over a takeover. We’re an absolute state, so fair play to anyone wanting to take this mess over. We have pretty much zero assets so if it’s Ashley, brilliant. The club is bigger than any individual. 

6 minutes ago, enachops said:

I find it very odd anyone saying they would prefer liquidation and going bust over a takeover. We’re an absolute state, so fair play to anyone wanting to take this mess over. We have pretty much zero assets so if it’s Ashley, brilliant. The club is bigger than any individual. 

Given what's going on i think it's perfectly reasonable to be nervous about any Ashley takeover. The man has an extremely high net worth of which much of it is in liquid cash. He sold Newcastle for 300 million quid and yet he seemingly is unwilling to pay less than a 1/10th of that sale on breaking the gridlock. Even the quote that he's interested in Derby in part to 'have some fun' makes me ducking cringe quite honestly. He's not our saviour and he's losing credibility with me by the day the longer this goes on. 

3 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Given what's going on i think it's perfectly reasonable to be nervous about any Ashley takeover. The man has an extremely high net worth of which much of it is in liquid cash. He sold Newcastle for 300 million quid and yet he seemingly is unwilling to pay less than a 1/10th of that sale on breaking the gridlock. Even the quote that he's interested in Derby in part to 'have some fun' makes me ducking cringe quite honestly. He's not our saviour and he's losing credibility with me by the day the longer this goes on. 

With the state the club is in, Ashley would be the best we could get. Compare him to the fake sheikh or Alonso. At least we know he has money and experience. It could be a lot lot worse. Yes he could have bought us 6 months ago with his wealth, but he’s a businessman who is an expert in this field. I trust he knows what he’s doing. Frustrating for us, but I’d rather Ashley than an unknown who may not have a pot to pee in.