The Administration Thread

Boycie

6 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

As has been said before, if the sticking point really is MM and his stadium demands, then we really need to start looking at other options. Leave MM with a 34,000 all-seater stadium with nothing happening in it and approach Stoke or Leicester for a temporary ground share. It'd be sad to not be playing in Derby, but the club needs to survive.

That would be a disastrous move. Gates below 12k within weeks and lining the pockets of Stoke or Leicester by paying rent. NUTS

Did any money actually change hands when Mel Morris bought the stadium from the club or was it just a paper transaction? 

The reason being is how on earth have we burned through £80m and several £20/30m loans from MSD since 2017/18 considering our net spend is down and wages have been collapsing ever since? 

I really have a hard time believing that we were really £80m up in our bank account from that point, also considering that we turned over close to £30m that season minus the stadium sale - our wage bill was at its highest £40.5m so really only £10m of that £80m should've been spent that season. It should've left us with a nice pot of £70m. I'd imagine it was substracted against his 'director loans' from earlier in his residency and the money was never in the club. 

I really wish someone could look into that and see how the transaction was executed. 

15 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Did any money actually change hands when Mel Morris bought the stadium from the club or was it just a paper transaction? 

The reason being is how on earth have we burned through £80m and several £20/30m loans from MSD since 2017/18 considering our net spend is down and wages have been collapsing ever since? 

I really have a hard time believing that we were really £80m up in our bank account from that point, also considering that we turned over close to £30m that season minus the stadium sale - our wage bill was at its highest £40.5m so really only £10m of that £80m should've been spent that season. It should've left us with a nice pot of £70m. I'd imagine it was substracted against his 'director loans' from earlier in his residency and the money was never in the club. 

I really wish someone could look into that and see how the transaction was executed. 

It wasn’t an actual cash sale with Mel’s till ringing the cash in as Mel handed over the money to himself, it was just an excersise in avoiding FFP. It raised a massive red flag for a lot of people, but tbh it didn’t really register with me that much, because I was still taken in thinking MM would see us right. 

Edited by curb

37 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Quite. It sounds suspiciously like a threat to me. Mods?

Breaking news.  Local businessman may be rather unwelcome in a city that loses a 140 year old historic institution because he overspent, didn't meet his financial obligation, then wanted money back preventing it's recovery'.  Also likely, as can be seen in any city centre on a weekend that many are more volatile and have a shorter fuse than others. Not really a threat is it, just stating the bleeding obvious.  Sure he's aware himself.

19 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

As has been said before, if the sticking point really is MM and his stadium demands, then we really need to start looking at other options. Leave MM with a 34,000 all-seater stadium with nothing happening in it and approach Stoke or Leicester for a temporary ground share. It'd be sad to not be playing in Derby, but the club needs to survive.

Well I think you may find that the problem is actually the MSD loan which is secured against the PPS. And the fact that PPS is the only asset of note that any buyer would be prepared to  pay big money for. Our debts are around £70 million. Our assets maybe less than £10m. So unless PPS is thrown into the mix we really are stuffed.

What you suggest is not a survival plan.  

16 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

On top of owing HMRC near on £30m too and transfers out. What has happened to the money?

19 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

That would be a disastrous move. Gates below 12k within weeks and lining the pockets of Stoke or Leicester by paying rent. NUTS

Exactly.  Plus it doesn't help our debt position at all if PPS is not thrown into the mix, only makes any kind of  deal impossible I think.

So, if a phoenix club were to start up, we’d need to look into it now if we are to get going for next season.

Personally I’d support it, regardless of what happens. I’m sick to the back teeth of the EFL, the money men playing with their toys, the crap atmosphere at every ground, the teams wasting time after 10 mins, stupid kick off times, the way supporters are treated, and everything else that goes with it.

FC County of Derby anyone?

4 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Well I think you may find that the problem is actually the MSD loan which is secured against the PPS. And the fact that PPS is the only asset of note that any buyer would be prepared to  pay big money for. Our debts are around £70 million. Our assets maybe less than £10m. So unless PPS is thrown into the mix we really are stuffed.

What you suggest is not a survival plan.  

Chelsea lost circa £150million last season reported on the BBC, They've won 19 Trophys under the Russian and yet he was bailing them out season after season.

I asked this question some 7/800 pages ago

What fool wants to buy a club without a stadium for circa £60million and rising, That will most likely be playing in league 1 if we're lucky, Having to pay out more for players and so forth.

I'm not the most intelligent...but I aint Stupid, Who's wanting to lose millions every year for a "vanity" project, Even MA would have to be mad.

2 minutes ago, curb said:

So, if a phoenix club were to start up, we’d need to look into it now if we are to get going for next season.

Personally I’d support it, regardless of what happens. I’m sick to the back teeth of the EFL, the money men playing with their toys, the crap atmosphere at every ground, the teams wasting time after 10 mins, stupid kick off times, the way supporters are treated, and everything else that goes with it.

Well for me just call afc derby county

But I still think take can still be done but I think park of the deal should be were mel force to cough up and pay the money he owes.

Or plan b can derby get a high court order against mel and said debt people to his doors.

4 minutes ago, curb said:

i"m with you mate , i still think the admin are playing  with us and will pull the rug from under us after last game to cause as little bother as possible, never felt so bad. (about DCFC )

15 minutes ago, curb said:

It wasn’t an actual cash sale with Mel’s till ringing the cash in as Mel handed over the money to himself, it was just an excersise in avoiding FFP. It raised a massive red flag for a lot of people, but tbh it didn’t really register with me that much, because I was still taken in thinking MM would see us right. 

Not quite, that's what Wendies did, no money changed hands and then put the sale in the wrong year to add to their issues. The £200M he keeps saying he invested/lost was always in the form of loans, so the sale of the Ground for £80m wiped out £80m of the loans - essentially money we'd already spent but appears on the balance sheet as a + on for that year.

2 minutes ago, glyn1957 said:

i"m with you mate , i still think the admin are playing  with us and will pull the rug from under us after last game to cause as little bother as possible, never felt so bad. (about DCFC )

Look I say at prestion we let our feelings be known let them feel raft of derby county fans be known.

14 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Chelsea lost circa £150million last season reported on the BBC, They've won 19 Trophys under the Russian and yet he was bailing them out season after season.

I asked this question some 7/800 pages ago

What fool wants to buy a club without a stadium for circa £60million and rising, That will most likely be playing in league 1 if we're lucky, Having to pay out more for players and so forth.

I'm not the most intelligent...but I aint Stupid, Who's wanting to lose millions every year for a "vanity" project, Even MA would have to be mad.

A similar puzzle with the stadium “ who wants to own a football stadium without a football club to play in it”. Even in league one Derby will need somewhere to play but would they be able to continue to pay the current lease on League one revenues.

Remember what happened when the owners of Coventry’s stadium fell out with the club. There’s not many people queuing up to buy or rent vacant football stadia.

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

Building a new stadium anywhere near the spec of a Pride Park is going to cost significantly more than than whatever Morris is wanting for it. IIRC Brentford spent £70m on their new one, Brighton £90m.  And that’s before you factor in time to build it, and what we do in the mean time etc.

Any option that doesn’t involve us playing at Pride Park in someway or another is a complete non-starter IMO. It’s giving up one of biggest advantages we have. A massive hit to our turnover is just going to make it that much harder to get out of League 1, given the salary restrictions in that league.