The Administration Thread

Boycie

I don’t think MM gives a toss if we are nice or nasty to him. He’s made his decisions and walked away from the mess he made with his terrible management, he’s not looking back and only wants what’s best for him. I don’t think he cares what happens to DCFC however the fans react. I don’t see any way out of this anymore and it’s one man’s fault. 

5 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I don’t think MM gives a toss if we are nice or nasty to him. He’s made his decisions and walked away from the mess he made with his terrible management, he’s not looking back and only wants what’s best for him. I don’t think he cares what happens to DCFC however the fans react. I don’t see any way out of this anymore and it’s one man’s fault. 

Agreed. Don’t think the fans reactions will play any part in his business decisions. Mel Morris has blamed a lot of things and people (EFL, Covid) but it’s on him to run DcFC so poorly. A business that was well run and increases its wage bill to unsustainable levels Is always at risk if things go wrong. He probably has found EFL difficult to deal with - they seem inept and I believe there has been a vendetta against Morris / DCFC but at the end of the day, he’s run up a massive tax bill, debts and put Derby into administration. He was trying hard to sell this club pre COVID and only attracted chancers ... why? Because of how it had been run. Looks vert bleak at the moment and relegation probably makes it worse to attract any buyer. 

25 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Before the pandemic - he made no secret of the fact he was trying to sell the club. He couldn't get any serious parties interested in the deal that he wanted. In other words a good deal for MM was a bad deal for the buyer

Then the pandemic hit and he realised he stood even less chance of selling, so he put us in administration because he thought that would make for a more attractive deal for buyers. He was wrong

The only attractive deal left for any buyer is to pick up the pieces of a liquidation 

It's one man's fault

I've given up hope of anything coming through that rescues the club.

It's about "what" and "how" continues after the final death knell.

It's a poor reward for everything that's been done to save the situation but once we entered administration it was always possible. With debts as high as ours and the legal problems and regulatory problems, the notion that it would be easy to resolve or speed up a change in ownership is pretty absurd.

All that has followed has come from Mel Morris not wanting to pay for his mistakes.

10 minutes ago, inglorious02 said:

Could two bidders pool resources and make a joint bid?

Kinda but I think it’s probably complicated and messy.

Lets say Ashley wants to buy the stadium rather than the club (that is my gut instinct anyway but that’s by the by) so he pays off the MSD debt, leaving Appleby to sort the creditors. In the short term, it works and then the club pays a lease to Ashley whilst Ashley does what he wishes with ‘The Pride of Sport Direct Park’ but eventually you’d imagine the club would want the stadium back. The issue with that that it wouldn’t take much to take it away from being a reasonable price for the sell back. The stadium was worth £80 mill before administration, it would be worth around that again and so it would become a huge issue. It doesn’t take much thinking to realise all the scenarios that could occur there.

I think the more sensible outcome, if you were looking at the idea of splitting the bids, would be for the council to buy the stadium from Mel, lease to the club with the idea it would be brought back into the club at a later date.

51 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

MM is indeed the crux of it all. He transferred the ground into his own shell company to get himself out of one hole, and then he used the ground as collateral to get him out of the next hole.

We shouldn't be keeping him sweet. We should be demanding at the top of our voices that he returns the stadium to the club, and that he personally repays the 'short term' loans he took out with MSD.

It seems as clear as it could be, that there are a minimum of two bidders still at the table, who are offering something more than the £30m offered by the Binnies. I can't imagine much more. It is becoming increasingly clear that no bidder is prepared to significantly increase their offer, particularly with L1 football now more likely than ever next season. I think a bidder will still be prepared to pay up to £35m for the club AND STADIUM, and therefore accept a -15 point start for next season.  

Morris has to shift, or face the fan's wrath for the rest of his born natural.

If any bidder is prepared to pay under (and for it to be accepted) the asking price and accept a -15 point start for next season that seems to me they will be working to a budget they already have in mind besides the further sanctions that would be imposed by the EFL. I don't see any reason why they would want to carry on with the academy,at least in it's present form,as that would be a saving on the budget.An academy in league 1 wouldn't be seen as much an attractive proposition to youngsters as it is in the Championship.

6 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Kinda but I think it’s probably complicated and messy.

Lets say Ashley wants to buy the stadium rather than the club (that is my gut instinct anyway but that’s by the by) so he pays off the MSD debt, leaving Appleby to sort the creditors. In the short term, it works and then the club pays a lease to Ashley whilst Ashley does what he wishes with ‘The Pride of Sport Direct Park’ but eventually you’d imagine the club would want the stadium back. The issue with that that it wouldn’t take much to take it away from being a reasonable price for the sell back. The stadium was worth £80 mill before administration, it would be worth around that again and so it would become a huge issue. It doesn’t take much thinking to realise all the scenarios that could occur there.

I think the more sensible outcome, if you were looking at the idea of splitting the bids, would be for the council to buy the stadium from Mel, lease to the club with the idea it would be brought back into the club at a later date.

Seeing as MM is supposedly the business ambassador for Derby City Council you would think he would "gift" the ground to the council.There is no way the council will buy it,for a start they wouldn't be able to afford it,many councils are cash strapped as it is.

Whatever the shenanigans are behind the scenes its pretty obvious now that the stadium is not an issue.

John Forkin (Team Derby) has been involved with talks with Quantuma and has clearly stated that the Stadium is NOT a blocker. I don't see any reason why he would make that up.

It must all be down to price and how much the creditors are willing to accept.

We are absolutely screwed at every point & from every angle. Yes I have real anger towards MM for what he’s done to our club, then cowardly walks away leaving chaos behind. However, I have utter contempt for the EFL for the way they have and haven’t handled the whole mess - in particular, changing the rules mid season, to help other Clubs not fall foul of the same rules that we have broken - it absolutely stinks !!! 

The sad thing is the local media haven't got the balls to press Mel Morris for answers. Radio Derby and DET I'm talking about you guys most of all.

Fear of lawsuits? Genuinely no idea.

Either way, the media have been a shambles at covering this right from the start and asking the questions that need answering, fast.

The club will die and the sad thing is, there's no pressure whatsoever on Morris to cough up the money which rightfully he should be paying these creditors off nobody else.

So much anger towards EFL and these admins, yet barely anything towards the sole reason and the individual for the the mess in the first place? Strange...

Edited by Papahet

8 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

If any bidder is prepared to pay under (and for it to be accepted) the asking price and accept a -15 point start for next season that seems to me they will be working to a budget they already have in mind besides the further sanctions that would be imposed by the EFL. I don't see any reason why they would want to carry on with the academy,at least in it's present form,as that would be a saving on the budget.An academy in league 1 wouldn't be seen as much an attractive proposition to youngsters as it is in the Championship.

Looking at it from a hard businessman perspective, they will of course have crunched the figures for next season, and the season after, on the assumption that we will be in League 1 from 2022 to 2024.  I suspect the decisions that will be being made will to be get as much value as possible from the sale of Bird, Knight, Sibley and Bielik, reinvesting a modest amount of that money in fees for new players experienced in the combat of League 1 - but looking to maximise free transfer incomings on the basis that players will want to play for us because of our name, tradition, etc.  I also think the Academy as we currently know it might be downscaled until we are back in the Championship, or at least on an even financial footing. Its bleak stuff; it was never going to be pretty once we went past January without a preferred bid in place.

8 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Whatever the shenanigans are behind the scenes its pretty obvious now that the stadium is not an issue.

John Forkin (Team Derby) has been involved with talks with Quantuma and has clearly stated that the Stadium is NOT a blocker. I don't see any reason why he would make that up.

It must all be down to price and how much the creditors are willing to accept.

What he actually said was "it seems to me", that doesn't mean he has any conclusive knowledge of the situation.