The Administration Thread

Boycie

27 minutes ago, Curtains said:

of course that’s just my opinion and could be totally wrong and David could be totally right. 

Just to point out I know absolutely nothing, my post was more to do with after every defeat = increased belief we're going under which I don't really get.

20 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

Are there any meetings due with fan groups or Team Derby ?

I've just asked Jim (RamsTrust Chairman) on Twitter when the next SCG Meeting is.

However I hope Punjabi Rams don't mind me mentioning, but as a member I received this email, they are currently taking a vote on whether or not they withdraw from the SCG. 

"However in recent times, due to the situation the Club finds itself in, the SCG meetings seem to have lost their purpose. This isn't a fault of anyone at the Club or fellow SCG representatives - it's purely down to the complex legal constraints the Club finds itself in. Minutes have to - rightly - be reviewed by Quantuma before being published."

3 minutes ago, David said:

Just to point out I know absolutely nothing, my post was more to do with after every defeat = increased belief we're going under which I don't really get.

After a defeat/away game... We're forked. Going down, no-one willing to stump up the cash required, blah blah blah...

After a win/home game... The atmosphere today/tonight was fantastic. Bidders know they'll be taking over a well supported club, with £30m+ revenues, blah blah blah...

34 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I personally think no news in this case is bad news to be honest. 

I can’t understand the delay. 

of course that’s just my opinion and could be totally wrong and David could be totally right. 

I agree - and get quite low when I think about it.

Then I think that, in 7 days time, I will be watching Derbyshire play cricket.

37 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I personally think no news in this case is bad news to be honest. 

I can’t understand the delay. 

No news = administrators still in discussions with bidders

Some news = leaks (via EFL)

A lot of news = PB about to be announced or liquidation is imminent.

7 minutes ago, David said:

I've just asked Jim (RamsTrust Chairman) on Twitter when the next SCG Meeting is.

However I hope Punjabi Rams don't mind me mentioning, but as a member I received this email, they are currently taking a vote on whether or not they withdraw from the SCG. 

"However in recent times, due to the situation the Club finds itself in, the SCG meetings seem to have lost their purpose. This isn't a fault of anyone at the Club or fellow SCG representatives - it's purely down to the complex legal constraints the Club finds itself in. Minutes have to - rightly - be reviewed by Quantuma before being published."

Thanks for that David. Much appreciated.

10 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

After a defeat/away game... We're forked. Going down, no-one willing to stump up the cash required, blah blah blah...

After a win/home game... The atmosphere today/tonight was fantastic. Bidders know they'll be taking over a well supported club, with £30m+ revenues, blah blah blah...

Exactly. 

2 home games now, win those and watch concerns fly away.

26 minutes ago, inglorious02 said:

How many minutes per day do Quantuma actually spend working on the Derby County "case"? Do they have other clients to deal with? Do they work like a solicitor where they take the file out of the draw, spend half an hour on it then put it away again until another day? 

Yes they do, I happen to have some tangential relationship with another business, which they happen to be in the process of liquidating 

For what it's worth... That process is not moving quickly either 

27 minutes ago, inglorious02 said:

How many minutes per day do Quantuma actually spend working on the Derby County "case"? Do they have other clients to deal with? Do they work like a solicitor where they take the file out of the draw, spend half an hour on it then put it away again until another day? 

Minutes per day not known until their final bill is handed over.

As for other clients...Yes they do, Link below, Last sentance

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60162686

There isn't any evidence to say we're going under. However, after Boro was sorted, the administrators said we'd be surprised how quickly things would move. That does indicate either the administrators have significantly underestimated the difficulties still present (which shouldn't be happening) or that something is happening that they didn't foresee and is slowing the process down. I think it's reasonable because of this for people to begin having doubts. If it was just a paperwork issue, they could indeed announce they have a preferred bidder and are on the road to a takeover, but nothing like this has been mentioned. 

Given that we've only got five players in contract for next season, this needs to be remedied before the end of this season. I'm not sure how 5 million (the upfront buyer fee) will cut it for wages, signing on fees, signing up to 20 players, and running the club.