The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Dunno if it's an urban myth but FC Bruges bought Roger Davies because an agent offered them Derby County's centre forward and they thought they were getting Charlie George.

Up there with the one about Newcastle signing Carl cort by mistake. The story at the time was their scout was sent by management to watch "the Black lad in midfield for wimbledon" (not my words) which was usually jason Euell who they wanted to sign. Euell was injured, cort played in midfield, rather than his usual forward position, in his place and Newcastle signed him after he had a half decent game. (I was told this by someone else)

25 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Not overly fussed that he's going. Flattered to deceive at best. No end product but neat and tidy at times. Smouldered but never actually caught light.

However, it's worrying what it means. Why would a PB with any aspirations be happy for us to sell another player/asset particularly when we still have a chance of staying up? Just stinks of someone not caring what happens to the playing side as long as they save a few bob and the administrators flogging everything not nailed down to keep us afloat.

Rooney looks pretty down too.

This absolutely, I struggle to understand how low balling an offer to save a few quid on purchase is sensible when in June we are going to lose potentially millions worth of assets for nothing. I dont think we even get compo for the kids if their contracts run down and they leave with no offer made by Derby. These players would likely sign on as soon as Derby are allowed to do so and then if they want to asset strip they can do so, and we then actually have assets for these owners to strip and start to get their money back.

My fear is June comes and goes, we have a couple of players left, who may go because league 1. We are still under embargo and noone actually buys us because Derby are a club with zero assets but a shed load of liabilities. June comes, I think it's over. And it breaks my heart.

Just now, CBRammette said:

Do you ever post anything about football? Apologies if I have missed? Are you Kirchner?

if these issues arent highlighted or resolved there wont be anything about football i would enjoy anymore.

football is football i have never enjoyed debating my opinions on football because the reality is i am a supporter and know naff all, i am just there to watch it.

but the way we are going i wont be able to watch it in the future

22 minutes ago, KBB said:

Up there with the one about Newcastle signing Carl cort by mistake. The story at the time was their scout was sent by management to watch "the Black lad in midfield for wimbledon" (not my words) which was usually jason Euell who they wanted to sign. Euell was injured, cort played in midfield, rather than his usual forward position, in his place and Newcastle signed him after he had a half decent game. (I was told this by someone else)

That was the last time they let Peter Beardsley put together a scouting mission.

25 minutes ago, alram said:

remember they came out completely blaming covid when things started.

They didn't. They started an appeal against the 12 point deduction because it was worth exploring, but abandoned it when it became clear that the EFL would use the appeal as a reason to stall any take-over and possibly withhold the transfer of the Golden Share.

The appeal may well have failed, but when you see a number of clubs now using Covid as the reason their facing potential FFP charges, and the EFL increasing the allowances mid-season, it wasn't such a stupid notion, was it?

58 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I do wander if mike ashley had pulled out or steve Nicholson says he has not so who knows maybe the reason why new owners or owner are trying to get money togather pay debts of one go.

Ashley spokesman said it would stil take 12 weeks for a deal to be completed which takes us past end of season. So if preferred bidder doesn't pay a deposit then we could have run out of cash without some savings being made. 

3 hours ago, Crewton said:

Kind-of. He plays well for Poland, but somehow can't find any consistent form for us that would make anyone want to splash out anything approaching what we paid for him. He should be better, should be worth more, but regardless, anyone we sell now is part of a fire-sale and that's been the case since last September. And if the alternative was liquidation, what would you do?

He played better on the rare occasions when we moved the ball quickly. Worked really well with Tommo, Knight and Byrne when we had our purple patch at year end. Most of the time we play a style that doesn’t work for him - unless he’s playing wing back as he does for Poland on occasions. He’s been a really honest player for us even if he goes down a bit too easily. Hope the fitness test is complete ...

I can understand not talking about football and just concentrating on financial / off field stuff.

Problem is talking about financial / off field stuff would normally come with discussion about the potential buyers the EFL, Boro, Mel Morris, our business plan next season etc. You know, all of the parties and factors involved and not just... 

...Quantuma said this, Quantuma said that, Quantuma lied about this, Quantuma devalued that, Quantuma are stringing it along, Quantuma are fleecing us, Quantuma should have done this, Quantuma shouldn't have done that, how dare Quantuma not accept being paid less than the fees they're entitled to, I was banned for criticising Quantuma, Quantuma's cat pooed in my flowerbeds, Quantuma Quantuma Quantuma...

Kind of seems a bit obsessive.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

3 hours ago, StarterForTen said:

So if the Administrators want a preferred bidder in by next week and have taken a fee for Joswiak then it would appear self evident that the PB does not intend to underwrite club costs until they take over. 

That's a good point.

If it is Ashley, he may have said, I'm taking over at the end of the season anyway, so I'm not funding the rest of this season. 

We haven't sold anyone that we can lose any real sleep over, except for Shinnie I suppose.

56 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

I can understand not talking about football and just concentrating on financial / off field stuff.

Problem is talking about financial / off field stuff would normally come with discussion about the potential buyers the EFL, Boro, Mel Morris, our business plan next season etc. You know, all of the parties and factors involved and not just... 

...Quantuma said this, Quantuma said that, Quantuma lied about this, Quantuma devalued that, Quantuma are stringing it along, Quantuma are fleecing us, Quantuma should have done this, Quantuma shouldn't have done that, how dare Quantuma not accept being paid less than the fees they're entitled to, I was banned for criticising Quantuma, Quantuma's cat pooed in my flowerbeds, Quantuma Quantuma Quantuma...

Kind of seems a bit obsessive.

New bond film

The Quantuma of baalocks..

59 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

That's a good point.

If it is Ashley, he may have said, I'm taking over at the end of the season anyway, so I'm not funding the rest of this season. 

We haven't sold anyone that we can lose any real sleep over, except for Shinnie I suppose.

The problem comes in the summer though when Lawrence, Ebosele etc leave and the new owner needs to build up the playing squad under a strict business plan. 

I hate bringing this up because it scares me to death thinking of it. But I remember it being mentioned that if liquidation happened it's possible we could start again in league 2.

Now if that is true (I'm not saying it is) but if so, isn't it much cheaper to let us die off then buy the assets in liquidation and start the club again. Paying a reported 28 mil and then whatever Mel wants for the stadium each seems expensive for a club that could end up in league 2 anyway If a rebuild next year isn't handled very well and wr get the 15 point penalty.

It feels like the club is losing value everyday and if you have no emotional attachment to the club then it's cheaper to start again. Still rent the stadium from Mel and build from scratch .

I hate it, but it scares me that might have crossed a certain Mr Ashley's mind and having worked around him when I was younger I wouldn't put it past him. I hope he is more empathetic than when I worked with him ?