The Administration Thread

Boycie

8 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

I agree but they changed the rules for a reason regarding clubs in administration,when they changed the rules it was specific to football.

I think you're getting confused between HMRC's failed attempt to get the Football Creditors rule declared illegal and the 2020 Finance Act which made them Preferential Creditors again. The stated aim was to ensure "more" of the tax owing was paid to HMRC by insolvent businesses than under the previous law. Nowhere does it say "all". If they'd intended it to be all, they wouldn't have excluded taxes owed directly by the company to HMRC. 

I'll be ASTONISHED if HMRC insist on recovering 100% of the collected taxes owing to them. That isn't the intent of the change. 

11 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I think you're getting confused between HMRC's failed attempt to get the Football Creditors rule declared illegal and the 2020 Finance Act which made them Preferential Creditors again. The stated aim was to ensure "more" of the tax owing was paid to HMRC by insolvent businesses than under the previous law. Nowhere does it say "all". If they'd intended it to be all, they wouldn't have excluded taxes owed directly by the company to HMRC. 

I'll be ASTONISHED if HMRC insist on recovering 100% of the collected taxes owing to them. That isn't the intent of the change. 

The Sports Minister stated in the House of Commons that HMRC would not be a cause of Derby going out of business.

1 hour ago, atherstoneram said:

That is what the Chancellor ordered HMRC to do.

No one has told me to put that on the payslips I generate, I didn't know if you were joking at first but you've said it twice now 

Edited by LERam
Typo

Who's this twit.  3 MILLION QUID ????????????????

Discussing the latest EFL statement on the situation, talkSPORT reporter Alex Crook reiterated his surprise that the Rams had turned down a bid for Lawrence during the January transfer window.

He said: “There’s no excuse for the lack of communication. The vibe, for me, running throughout that statement is that the EFL clearly believe the administrators are trying to buy themselves time to sort out a new owner for Derby.

“It highlights what I mentioned yesterday - they were offered £2million, rising to £3million, from another Championship club for their captain Tom Lawrence in January.

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Discussing the latest EFL statement on the situation, talkSPORT reporter Alex Crook reiterated his surprise that the Rams had turned down a bid for Lawrence during the January transfer window.

He said: “There’s no excuse for the lack of communication. The vibe, for me, running throughout that statement is that the EFL clearly believe the administrators are trying to buy themselves time to sort out a new owner for Derby.

“It highlights what I mentioned yesterday - they were offered £2million, rising to £3million, from another Championship club for their captain Tom Lawrence in January.

Answered my own question . They offered 250k to my knowledge.  He supports that team with a 70 million pound wage bill ,5 players on loan and with 4 players in the squad signed for over 57 million and all this on attendances averaging around 9000. Yep, everyones forgotten FFP breakers Bournemouth. 

Get ducked

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Owen Bradley told us earlier that these offers did not have any up front cash. Palace did the decent thing and offered money up front so Plange was let go. The other "offers" were vultures circling for a free meal, who then went whinging to the press and the EFL because they'd been chased off all adding to the false narrative that we hadn't been punished enough.

1 hour ago, LERam said:

No one has told me to put that on the payslips I generate, I didn't know if you were joking at first but you've said it twice now 

Sorry to be sad but HMRC Employer Bulletin December 2021 repeated February 2022 Bulletin....

"we are asking employers to include a message for their employees on all payslips between 6 April 2022 and 5 April 2023 explaining what these funds will be used for. The message should read ‘1.25% uplift in NICs funds NHS, health & social care."

right up there with amortisation posts for interest I know

In my opinion Rooney knew that if the best and in my opinion, only decent striker at the club was sold in January, the club had zero chance of avoiding relegation.

So Tom wasn't sold.

Plange was starting to do well for Derby, but Haa gone missing in action lately.

The efl said why didn't the club sell Lawrence for a bargain fee, who would that help. 

It doesn't help Derby to sell him for less than he's worth.

The further nonsense from the efl could be next season, assuming that Derby are relegated and still receive a 15pt reduction.

So new owner gets a two years in League one and needs to pay 50 million for a club without a football stadium plus needs to entirely rebuild the squad.

The efl continues on its useless course of not having the power to intervene when owners misbehave.

The efl could easily have stepped in and said to Morris, he's not selling Derby in the way he sold Derby.

10 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

But that’s what he’s done - he doesn’t expect a penny back. In fact, after drawing the line, he’s put more in to pay off Gibson. His current battle is to avoid putting even more in. But the signs are he’s going to lose that battle 

What about cash he's potentially looking to recoup for himself for the sale of the stadium 

54 minutes ago, Oldben said:

In my opinion Rooney knew that if the best and in my opinion, only decent striker at the club was sold in January, the club had zero chance of avoiding relegation.

So Tom wasn't sold.

Plange was starting to do well for Derby, but Haa gone missing in action lately.

The efl said why didn't the club sell Lawrence for a bargain fee, who would that help. 

It doesn't help Derby to sell him for less than he's worth.

The further nonsense from the efl could be next season, assuming that Derby are relegated and still receive a 15pt reduction.

So new owner gets a two years in League one and needs to pay 50 million for a club without a football stadium plus needs to entirely rebuild the squad.

The efl continues on its useless course of not having the power to intervene when owners misbehave.

The efl could easily have stepped in and said to Morris, he's not selling Derby in the way he sold Derby.

Rooney had no say in the matter, he said no players would be sold, so did Admin for that matter, but they lied

Just like there latest statement, working for a deal that secures the long term future fir the club, its a lie.  Admin has one aim legally and that's to secure the best deal they can for the creditors, regardless of whether the business survives or not. 

In this case its difficult to seeva scenario where a sale would not be more advantageous than liquidation though, as the only saleable assets are the players as we do not own the ground.  We also have several players running out of contract in the summer which are worthless, they all become worthless as our golden share willbe removed the second we liquidate, so thats unrealistic.

-15 points though I think will be where we are starting.....  Great job Admin, should never of accepted the -9....

7 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Sorry to be sad but HMRC Employer Bulletin December 2021 repeated February 2022 Bulletin....

"we are asking employers to include a message for their employees on all payslips between 6 April 2022 and 5 April 2023 explaining what these funds will be used for. The message should read ‘1.25% uplift in NICs funds NHS, health & social care."

right up there with amortisation posts for interest I know

Hardly an "order from the chancellor" though is it ?

8 hours ago, Crewton said:

I don't think i said 100% but they will be looking for more than 25%.

6 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

Rooney had no say in the matter, he said no players would be sold, so did Admin for that matter, but they lied

Just like there latest statement, working for a deal that secures the long term future fir the club, its a lie.  Admin has one aim legally and that's to secure the best deal they can for the creditors, regardless of whether the business survives or not. 

In this case its difficult to seeva scenario where a sale would not be more advantageous than liquidation though, as the only saleable assets are the players as we do not own the ground.  We also have several players running out of contract in the summer which are worthless, they all become worthless as our golden share willbe removed the second we liquidate, so thats unrealistic.

-15 points though I think will be where we are starting.....  Great job Admin, should never of accepted the -9....

That's the administrators job, to get the best deal they can for the creditors with the possibility of selling the club as a going concern with a long term future. If there are no buyers for the club because of the amount of debt that is not their fault.

As for selling Plange i don't think they lied to Rooney,the administrators have total control of the club apart from the First team and the team which the manager puts out. When he was sold he was on the periphery of breaking into the First team and had been named on the bench a few times so it's debatable as to whether he would be classed as a First team player such as Lawrence,i.e  still an academy player on his contract.