The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I wonder why they were given, and why accepted, an update “early this week” if the deadline is today given the administrators somewhat unusual history of timeline phrases.

Because you get what you're given, which let's face it, has been crumbs from Quantuma so far.

All the supporters groups are being treated the same. 

21 minutes ago, derby8 said:

2 queries.

1. settled with Middlesbrough but did we ever settle with Wycombe.

2. rumours of 15 points deduction for next season because not enough debt to be paid off.

Both these issues could be problems for potential new owners...

Don't you see though how the new owners are inextricably linked to the outcome of point 2?

If the prospective bidders won't offer enough for the club to satisfy the EFL rules on creditors then yes they automatically will be aware that the club they are bidding for will be subject to a further 15 point sanction.

Which probably means that the prospective bidders don't think that the club is worth that much to them to avoid this. 

I think the EFL have released this statement primarily to be seen to be putting the ball in Derby's court, thereby taking the pressure off themselves. As well as the administrators feeling the heat from fans for lack of communication, they to are still in the spotlight from MPs etc. A bit ironic them highlighting the 'deadline' considering how much time has probably been lost due to their dallying and lack of leadership re the parasites issue.

9 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I'm really not one to defend the EFL as I think they're completely inept, but I highly doubt that they just released the statement without trying to contact the club first.

It's extremely worrying. 

I agree it does sound a strange way of doing business but this is the EFL we're talking about and they  have contradicted themselves at various stages of this whole process. 

You have to assume that the EFL issued this statement now because they’ve not managed to get any information directly from Q.  If they have issued it without trying to get in touch, it would both stink and be extremely unprofessional. I wouldn’t put that past the EFL because, well, they stink and are unprofessional - but I doubt they would have done this. This makes the whole thinks some what worrying.

However, I also have some sympathy with Q about their comms strategy (or lack thereof). They can’t realistically give a running commentary on what is happening. However, now would be a good time to issue a ‘don’t worry everyone, it’s all in hand’ statement.

I also agree with Angie’s comment that it must be hard for the fans groups because you can’t really hassle them - they can only give an answer when they have it. In this regard, I’m not sure it’s worth getting angry with Q. They can’t magic up a bid or force people to part with money. If we’re past saving, we’re past saving. It’s not their fault, particularly (we know whose fault it is…. The EFL’s ?). I’m sure it won’t turn out to be the case though. I’m positive. Definitely definitely positive.

We just need a little sign. Any sign will do. 

6 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Why you worried ! 

Because we've been in administration longer than any club I can remember, missing deadline-after-deadline, with a preferred buyer no closer to being announced. Now, we've got the EFL publicly airing out the administrators after not being updated despite there being a hard deadline set for such an update.

This feels eerily similar to when we didn't post the accounts for two years and 'surprisingly' went into administration. I genuinely think the administrators are out of options and now just trying to buy time. 

5 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Because the EFL shouldn't be having to phone them for an update,the onus is on the administrators to keep the EFL informed. If they can't give them an update,or won't, then you can't be surprised by the EFL's stance, certainly no point scoring on their behalf.

Fair point and I agree the onus should be on the administrators but, if the EFL have requested an urgent update and feel lack of response serious enough to issue the statement they have then why not pick the phone up? We all know that emails (assuming that’s the method used) can be a bit of a cop out on behalf of the sender and conveniently ignored by the recipient.

9 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Would’ve thought that if we had reached that stage on the day of the deadline, the EFL would’ve been informed out of courtesy. All the EFL’s statement is going to do now is cause panic, further uncertainty and suffering on the fans and more criticism on the admins. If there was a preferred bidder I don’t think they would want or allow for the public panic when it would be so easily avoided.

You're probably right - but it's the EFL statement that's caused the panic - maybe Q have had a plan all along....and I'm sure that Q will have been utterly frustrated by the EFL during this whole sorry process, so perhaps courtesy to them is not something that naturally springs to mind....

This is becoming a very dangerous farce and it is deeply alarming that on the day of the deadline the EFL have no idea where we are up to after extensions were given and agreed.

The clock has run down.... no more sand in the hourglass.... this is it Quantuma. What the actual chuff is going on ? What the hell are they up to ? Are they actually up to anything or just looking for a way to word a press release to break some very bad news?