The Administration Thread

Boycie

47 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Strange because Ed Dawes just said he had spoken to them and they haven't. 

I thought the Appleby team are thought to be the safety net? As in, if all falls through, they will buy the club to keep it from liquidation...but it won't be the best bid. Just a bid to keep the club...a club.

I'm sure that's all speculation, but my mind has that as the position Appleby is in. ?‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Hanny said:

I thought the Appleby team are thought to be the safety net? As in, if all falls through, they will buy the club to keep it from liquidation...but it won't be the best bid. Just a bid to keep the club...a club.

I'm sure that's all speculation, but my mind has that as the position Appleby is in. ?‍♂️

You put your left leg in……..

22 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

1st admin person: should we knuckle down and assess the bids and announce a preferred bidder today?

2nd: Nice idea but two bids to assess is a Lot of  work 

1st: you’re so right

2nd: how about lunch and a round of golf?

1st: we  do that every day, but yes great idea

Are you ITK with this? 

37 minutes ago, GlastoEls said:

Wasn't it more like they said yes (in the Chris Coles interview) to positive news in the next ten days (two weeks ago exactly today) and that fans would be positively surprised with progress.

Yes but that is not a deadline is it?

We will name the preferred bidder by xxxxxxxx is setting themselves a deadline. Not sure they've actually ever done this but happy to be proved wrong.

38 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

It's the deadline that EFL has set that worries me.

This is the issue isnt it. Not many days or even hours to that. Also Ashley's PR man was quite assertive on timings wasnt he re the 12 weeks so cant imagine he wants to hang about either if he is a bidder

tick tock tick tock. getting worried would it really harm the administrators to tell us whether the process is going forward even without specifics. 

if they set a deadline themselves they should tell us the progress after its been met although it hasnt stopped them before i count them saying a prefered bidder imminent about 5 times, first time in november

Edited by alram

6 minutes ago, Hanny said:

It also makes sense with his ( and Mrs Appleby's) obvious affection for the club from when they were here before. 

34 minutes ago, alram said:

tick tock tick tock. getting worried would it really harm the administrators to tell us whether the process is going forward even without specifics. 

if they set a deadline themselves they should tell us the progress after its been met although it hasnt stopped them before i count them saying a prefered bidder imminent about 5 times, first time in november

They already have. 

49 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Mike Ashley to be named PB tomorrow. @ me screenshot me shoot me

Red sauce, brown sauce or no sauce at all ?

Hope it’s true mate, he is my choice for our new owner. I think he will be determined to prove the Toon army wrong.

P.S WTF does Toon army mean ???

PB will likely not be announced today. This is absolutely no reason for people to wet the bed. Bids went in on Wednesday so there is more than one party trying to buy the club. Some people need to just calm down. It will take as long as it takes and the admins know exactly how much time they have to reach the most optimal solution for the creditors.