The Administration Thread

Boycie

17 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Some confusion here!…….pinched from elsewhere.

Generally speaking, lower class people from the north of England will say “breakfast dinner and tea” and upper class people from the south will say “breakfast lunch and dinner“.

To avoid embarrassment.

There is a way to avoid causing offence and to avoid showing ignorance.

When you accept the invitation, ask what time you should arrive.

That way, you’re showing consideration for the host and avoiding a problem at the same time.

Lunch 12-1.30

……………………….another hour yet! ??

No mention of middle class people from the midlands!

Preferred Bidder update.

Whilst I much enjoyed my visit to Pride Park on Wednesday, and would like to thank Mr Paul Watson for his courtesy, hospitality, and taking time out to show me first hand the stadium facilities, I have informed Quantuma this morning that I will not be entering the race to be the preferred bidder. I have received their kind acknowledgement and they inform me that this has made their decision making process a lot easier. I understand that we should hear news imminently as to who potentially will be our next owner ?

1 hour ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Well I think Derby have a strong and loyal fanbase. Never under 20,000 average at Pride Park and not had much success. Ok, promotion and playoff campaigns. I mean success this season would be surviving relegation. I think relegation would bring a drop in numbers but not by much.

I think we would maintain 20k in League One but the point I'm a making is the positivity, back to wall, 30k support has a shelf life unless things improve 

2 hours ago, LazloW said:

However, whoever it is, in the long term, I do hope they continue the investment in the academy. It’s our shining light at the moment, whether it be nurturing talent from a very young age or some tremendous scouting of prospects who we can bring in and turn round for a healthy profit in short timeframes. I can see that some investors might see the Academy as a massive resource drain and will see it as a way of cutting costs and being sustainable. If that happens it will be a shame.

If you look at our current first team squad, the cash flow savings from the quality of academy graduates (lower salaries, no transfer fees paid) must be considerable. Also I think much of the expense of the academy is excluded in the FFP calculation? If that’s right it should be a pretty big positive in FFP terms 

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Preferred Bidder update.

Whilst I much enjoyed my visit to Pride Park on Wednesday, and would like to thank Mr Paul Watson for his courtesy, hospitality, and taking time out to show me first hand the stadium facilities, I have informed Quantuma this morning that I will not be entering the race to be the preferred bidder. I have received their kind acknowledgement and they inform me that this has made their decision making process a lot easier. I understand that we should hear news imminently as to who potentially will be our next owner ?

Who is the "I"?

3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I'm surprised he's not that interested.

I think Rooney has been too honest and open in the past, to our detriment (eg giving the EFL an excuse to weigh in and impose more restrictions). Whether or not he's spoken with the admins, this is the right line to take.