The Administration Thread

Boycie

3 minutes ago, Norman said:

So, the earliest Boro wanted an arbitration meeting, despite being confident they were owed vast sums of money, was late May 2022. 

Why do you think that was? 

Because MM was trying to sell us and they knew nobody serious would with that hanging over proceedings.

Boro, in my opinion, have been wanting us completely ruined from the start. 

Gibson is a Bamford. 

Yeah, not seen Gibbon mention this at all.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think they're probably right he'll reject it.

You may be right, however, the EFL are in a difficult position as the potential collusion between them and MFC is out in the open. I would imagine more journalists will be investigating Morris’s claims now. If his claims are as true as we want them to be there will be some great reading coming our way.

Well that was an interesting day. Depression from the EFL statement despair with the revelations on Festy going to Udinese, Bamford further sticking the boot in with another statement. Then in comes Mel to (possibly) change the game. 

It’s certainly a positive and pragmatic move by Mel to try and resolve the impasse. However he couldn’t resist the grandstanding, bringing up once again how we have been the victims of EFL and Boro collusion in the FFP case (despite the fact even the IDC who found in our favour ruled out the possibility of collusion between Boro and the EFL and dismissed all Mel’s claims that he was the “Enemy of the EFL State”). Whether we agree with some of his points or not (I actually back him on the FFP thing) not sure this prodding of the EFL helps our immediate term objective to save the club, though it might serve to underline to the world (and the people who interviewed him as part of the independent review into football governance) how incompetent and not fit for purpose the EFL are - that might have been his intention.

Interestingly surprisingly few people have commented on Kirchner’s various tweets tonight on the subject, he’s been very vocal saying claims weren’t an issue to him as they would go away (I’m not sure he understands the convoluted nature of the EFL and it’s rules which are above the law though) and it was basically the price is way to high driven by Mel wanting back his guarantee for MSD. He was also very critical of Quantuma saying they’ve made the club impossible to sell and he sees this as pure grandstanding from Mel, blaming everyone but himself again and that it isn’t necessarily the magic route to getting a deal done. I see BAWT have got him on their Twitter forum on Monday night - that should be an interesting watch.

FWIW I think this is a step in the right direction, but I feel Boro and Wycombe won’t go for it and the EFL will support them, I think they will still try to force it down arbitration which gives them more of a chance, will Mel do the ultimate thing and indemnify the buyers for any losses - this we don’t know as he’s more likely to lose in arbitration, he knows he’s very likely to win in the high court

The plot thickens…….

And thus they will ensure that everyone will see they just want to send Derby into Liquidation 

This means that the EFL and ‘Boro get exposed for what they are.  Not fit for purpose as a regulator and a parasite willing to kill another football club.

Wycombe are an irrelevance

if this isn’t enough for the politicians to take this in hand I don’t know what would be.

Not a fan of Morris, but this move calls out them out completely, so we need to give him a modicum of respect for that.

The EFL are in a tricky position here. Boro and Wycombe will just flat out reject this proposal, as they know it means they end up with nothing but a legal bill.

The EFL however are under genuine political pressure to stop DCFC going under and this represents a way out of this situation for them. Do they now put the pressure on Boro and Wycombe to take Mel up on his offer, or do they simply allow them to crack on?

The latter will not play well for them in the wider context of the government gearing up to regulate them. The former probably sees Gibson turn his ire back on the EFL.

What a shame for them, eh?

No way an escape for Mel, but well played he’s cornered the two scumbag parasites, let’s see how their morals hold up now. As I said earlier the gloves are now off and I love it. Over to you EFL, Boro and the other bottom feeders ??

1 hour ago, Turnstile said:

I just feel Morris is being involved too much .probably me reading too much into things but Morris is so untrustworthy.He has made a statement tonight but he could have done so months ago. With Morris it always seems to be someone else’s fault. 

MM needs to be involved. But not as he proposes in his silly letter. 

He’s playing games with Gibson. The offer to be sued in the High Court is baalocks because ‘Gibson’s’ claim is a claim by Middlesborough against DCFC. 

Neither Gibson nor MFC can sue MM. MM knows that, the poison Gibbo dwarf knows that. 

What is needed is for MM to indemnify the club against the claims. Gibbo and MM are engaged in a PR battle whilst Rome burns 

29 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Well that was an interesting day. Depression from the EFL statement despair with the revelations on Festy going to Udinese, Bamford further sticking the boot in with another statement. Then in comes Mel to (possibly) change the game. 

It’s certainly a positive and pragmatic move by Mel to try and resolve the impasse. However he couldn’t resist the grandstanding, bringing up once again how we have been the victims of EFL and Boro collusion in the FFP case (despite the fact even the IDC who found in our favour ruled out the possibility of collusion between Boro and the EFL and dismissed all Mel’s claims that he was the “Enemy of the EFL State”). Whether we agree with some of his points or not (I actually back him on the FFP thing) not sure this prodding of the EFL helps our immediate term objective to save the club, though it might serve to underline to the world (and the people who interviewed him as part of the independent review into football governance) how incompetent and not fit for purpose the EFL are - that might have been his intention.

Interestingly surprisingly few people have commented on Kirchner’s various tweets tonight on the subject, he’s been very vocal saying claims weren’t an issue to him as they would go away (I’m not sure he understands the convoluted nature of the EFL and it’s rules which are above the law though) and it was basically the price is way to high driven by Mel wanting back his guarantee for MSD. He was also very critical of Quantuma saying they’ve made the club impossible to sell and he sees this as pure grandstanding from Mel, blaming everyone but himself again and that it isn’t necessarily the magic route to getting a deal done. I see BAWT have got him on their Twitter forum on Monday night - that should be an interesting watch.

FWIW I think this is a step in the right direction, but I feel Boro and Wycombe won’t go for it and the EFL will support them, I think they will still try to force it down arbitration which gives them more of a chance, will Mel do the ultimate thing and indemnify the buyers for any losses - this we don’t know as he’s more likely to lose in arbitration, he knows he’s very likely to win in the high court

The plot thickens…….

I think Kirchner is being very indiscreet on Twitter and I am not sure what giving him an opportunity to air his dirty linen in public will acheive.

He might say that the administrators and Mel are the bad guys (and I am sure he is at least partly right in this) but unfortunately the very future of our club lies in their hands.

So Kirchner comes out with some smoking gun on Monday that makes it less likely that we sell our club out of administration. We need to make sure he doesn't shoot DCFC in the foot with it. Best way to do that is not give him the platform to do it.

10 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

MM needs to be involved. But not as he proposes in his silly letter. 

He’s playing games with Gibson. The offer to be sued in the High Court is baalocks because ‘Gibson’s’ claim is a claim by Middlesborough against DCFC. 

Neither Gibson nor MFC can sue MM. MM knows that, the poison Gibbo dwarf knows that. 

What is needed is for MM to indemnify the club against the claims. Gibbo and MM are engaged in a PR battle whilst Rome burns 

Maybe he will if Boro etc decline his offer, they publically called him out so he has returned the favour to put them in a position where they either change their claim or dont.

If they dont I would think he would then indemnify the new owners from any costs

I can't see how Boro and Wycombe will go for this. They'll definitely just claim that Mel is an individual and their beef is not with him as an individual but with Derby county. But I think what this statement does do is back them into a corner where if they want to pursue this we go from looking like the dirty cheats to both of them looking like club killing bar stewards.  

I can see 3 realistic options 

1) They drop all claims and give it up 
2) They refuse and Mel doesn't guarantee the funds to settle through arbitration leaving us back to square 1                                                  3) They refuse the offer but Mel does guarantee funds to settle if need be and we have a preferred bidder relatively quickly 

6 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I can't see how Boro and Wycombe will go for this. They'll definitely just claim that Mel is an individual and their beef is not with him as an individual but with Derby county. But I think what this statement does do is back them into a corner where if they want to pursue this we go from looking like the dirty cheats to both of them looking like club killing bar stewards.  

I can see 3 realistic options 

2) They refuse and Mel doesn't guarantee the funds to settle through arbitration leaving us back to square 1                                                  3) They refuse the offer but Mel does guarantee funds to settle if need be and we have a preferred bidder relatively quickly 

Would imagine 3 likely outcome…

4 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Isnt the issue he is saying 'see you in the high court'....but Boro will ask to go to an EFL kangaroo arbitration Court? 

He obviously believes he is in the right and will wipe the floor with them in court but doesn't trust anything involving the EFL?

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

Would imagine 3 likely outcome…

I really hope so. My only concern is if that was the likely outcome why not just state it in the letter or come in beforehand? I wonder if this is a bit of a last minute play from Morris to try and both win some goodwill back and maybe save the day with a bluff. Unfortunately I think 2 is most likely if those 2 don't play ball.