The Administration Thread

Boycie

Just now, Bubbles said:

Rick Parry via email has just stated he needs to have a look at it properly and talk to colleagues, but doesn’t see any reason why they’d prevent this.

Excellent.

That’s because he hasn’t received his latest instruction from Obersturmbannführer Gibson yet…

I have no idea as to whether it is actually legally viable for MB and WW to take action against Mel instead of the club, but it does seem the most ideal route for all parties. If it is legally shown that Mel cannot volunteer to take responsibility, I would seriously hope that he would instead commit to underwriting any legal costs and potential award if the claims continued against Derby, taking that financial responsibility out of the hands of the club and future owner(s). I would assume there must be same way in which that could be done.

13 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

So if Boro and Wycombe don't take up Mels offer we won't be in any better position than before?

All I can see is the EFL then issuing a statement rebuffing Mels claims in a few days and time passes again 

Then quantama go to Court and say Derby are in adminsitration so they should be protected, in accordance with insolvency law. And how could a Court say that isn't fair now when Boro and Wycombe can go after mel instead? 

Just now, PistoldPete said:

Then quantama go to Court and say Derby are in adminsitration so they should be protected, in accordance with insolvency law. And how could a Court say that isn't fair now when Boro and Wycombe can go after mel instead? 

It depends what supercedes what

Good letter, but the High Court isn’t a standard arbitration service for anyone with a dispute. It’s between MFC/WWFC and DCFC so it should only end up in court if these parties are involved.  MM would be better off indemnifying DCFC but not sure how that can be done.  The EFL are the architects of this mess, so the ball is back in their court. 

Loads of posturing from both sides, it’s a ‘my willy is bigger than your willy’ thing. Most important message I take from this (which should reassure us all) is that there are players in this debacle that have the gift to save us from liquidation and this latest development indicates to me that they will not let this happen despite all the negative noise. 

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Surely all they’ve ever wanted (according to them) is compensation for the lost income so, whilst they might still do it, it must be very difficult for them to decline. The club have been punished already and, if they win, they’ll get their money. What more could they publicly claim they want?

I honestly don't think it was down to money where Boro are concerned, The EFL and Boro are in cahoots and have put us where we are today, They'll not be happy untill imo we're skinned alive, Buried beneath a motorway flyover in an oil drum filled with concrete, Wycombe have just come aboard for the ride and pick up some crumbs.

Boro and the EFL if they are as street savvy as we are on here know they have no chance in court, Now the cats out of the bag the aforementioned are in schtook...imo.

1 minute ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

It’s Mel’s “we’ll do you feel lucky punk” letter to the EFL, Boro and Wycombe??

good for you Mel let’s hope Gibson is still fixated on you and takes up the offer.

I bet the letter will send the EFL scurrying for their rule book

They'll be scurrying for dark corners like rats in a barn when the lights go on.

23 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

They'll argue that the case is against DCFC, MM has left the club so has no dealings with DCFC, Now, The EFL have asked MM and other stakeholders to get in a room and sort this, So that's blown the EFLs arguement that it's against DCFC when asking MM to come to a meeting.

The EFL will save face if they tell Boro/WW to take MM on, Boro/WW have everything to lose and very very little to gain

Gibson soiling  his trousers right now

4 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I honestly don't think it was down to money where Boro are concerned, The EFL and Boro are in cahoots and have put us where we are today, They'll not be happy untill imo we're skinned alive, Buried beneath a motorway flyover in an oil drum filled with concrete, Wycombe have just come aboard for the ride and pick up some crumbs.

Boro and the EFL if they are as street savvy as we are on here know they have no chance in court, Now the cats out of the bag the aforementioned are in schtook...imo.

Said that in an earlier post, their aim is to be as destructive as possible, delay things as long as they can and make things as difficult as they can. The money is irrelevant.....

10 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

They'll argue that the case is against DCFC, MM has left the club so has no dealings with DCFC, Now, The EFL have asked MM and other stakeholders to get in a room and sort this, So that's blown the EFLs arguement that it's against DCFC when asking MM to come to a meeting.

The EFL will save face if they tell Boro/WW to take MM on, Boro/WW have everything to lose and very very little to gain

Has Morris left the club though? He seem to be very close to the administrators who I thought were supposed to be doing there best for the creditors not pandering to Morris’s wishes.I genuinely feel if Morris did cut all ties with DCFC Gibson would drop his vile vendetta against them. Gibson seems to want Morris out of and away from football forever. Morris to me seems to still want to be involved somewhere down the line and that is causing this impasse which is slowly strangling us.Morris has really pissed Gibson off to an unbelievable level.

Mmmh. The letter may have some positive effect, but I can’t see Mel having his ultimate duel fantasy with Gibson in Court. High Noon at the High Court. The letters we have seen from both parties only confirm to me that the club is caught in the middle of a fight between two petty dick swingers rather than two fearsome gun slingers.