The Administration Thread

Boycie

22 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

As has been said, the timing of this Boro game couldn't be worse, and even a minority of our fans reacting in a negative manner will literally be "The last thing we need right now".

Why would it be the last thing we need right now? We’ve behaved impeccable so far and looks where that’s got us. It’s now time for the gloves to come off. When they’re taking away everything from you what else do you have to lose. 

10 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

It wouldn’t matter if you took the tickets back. If people want to go up there they will with or without tickets.

Oh, Of course.

But...

Then they wouldn't be in the ground... and I'd like to think (?????) that they wouldn't be under the banner of Derby County Football Club (As DCFC didn't sell any tickets and also made an official club announcement for them not to travel) so I'd also like to think (?????) that no fine would be heading DCFC's way, due to trouble outside the stadium/in the Town Centre by "Members of the public/Football fans". (?????)

1 hour ago, SamUltraRam said:

From 24th January

The EFL said on Monday: "Following positive developments over the course of the weekend, a proposed meeting involving the EFL and political stakeholders to discuss the ongoing challenges at Derby County set for later today has been postponed to allow for additional progress to be made by the administrators.

"It is now expected that the league and the administrators will sit down in the next 24 hours as we seek to resolve the outstanding issues to the satisfaction of all parties."

1 week later the transfer deadline happens, more DCFC playing staff leave

2 days after the transfer deadline comes this latest statement containing their belief that MFC & WWFC claims WILL be football debt, which they previously wouldn't rule on.

Suspicious ??

That was exactly my thought when I read the statement.  I bet they wrote this days (weeks?) ago and waited until just after the transfer deadline to release it.  My view is it was totally premeditated.   Oh for a whistle-blower to come forward.  

3 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

If you think about it Mel could sort this in 5 minutes. He drops the stadium price by 7 million to prospective new owners, that money pays off the blood sucking parasites and the takeover is good to go. But Mel's ego is as big as the Gibbon's so he would rather see the Rams go to the wall than end the feud he has with the joker. I hate the thought of Boro getting a penny but this could be resolved pretty quickly....

HMRC or other actual creditors will say That 7 million would need to go to them. 

15 hours ago, StrawHillRam said:

I’d rather liquidate now and screw their fixtures and results over. Why wait

But the administrators will not do that. They will ‘keep trying’ to resolve things until the season finishes. Then most likely give up and liquidate the club.

First we were told by Christmas, then by the end of January.

The Binnie group, Mike Ashley and Chris Kirchner have all expressed frustration at no progress. Kirchner has walked away because of this reason.

There is an offer on the table from the Binnie group. Why hasn’t it been accepted?

I am starting to think the administrators are being awkward and Mel is possibly refusing to budge on several issues.

2 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Why would it be the last thing we need right now? We’ve behaved impeccable so far and looks where that’s got us. It’s now time for the gloves to come off. When they’re taking away everything from you what else do you have to lose. 

From the club's pov, (I'm talking FA Fines etc) I'd imagine that is precisely the attitude they are hoping to avoid... on matchday... in and around the stadium... with the world's press watching... and the local constabulary cancelling leave, and clocking on early doors!

DCFC have quite literally just been done for £10k for not controlling their players.  Not a good look if they can't control their fans too!  

I thought we wanted outsiders on our side, not arranging parties for when we die!  

I'm sure there will come a time when the gloves do actually come off.  I'd like to think I'd also be very close by, even if only to hold the odd coat or two!
But Boro Away, on Saturday Feb 12th is both the worst place, and the worst time, for it to happen... From the club's pov!

15 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Either the buyer puts an extra £7m in, and HMRC get annoyed because they were mislead as to the potential size of the pot to repay creditors and could have negotiated a higher amount. Or there's no extra money and the existing pot gets diluted, and HMRC get less. Either way, HMRC will not be happy if we pay £7m to people that we do not believe are genuine creditors.

So we are caught in the middle then unless the preferred bidder finds another 7 million, even if Mel reduces the Stadium price by 7 million? We would still be paying HMRC the agreed amount but they would want the 7 million paid to the make believe fund on top?? Do we know that HMRC would react in this way??? Compromises need to be found and rather quickly....

2 minutes ago, tinman said:

HMRC or other actual creditors will say That 7 million would need to go to them. 

And it's the duty of the representative of every creditor in the room to fight for the most for themselves - and that's also Quantum's duty.

Even if a bidder says I'll pay X settlement, it's the creditors duty to say that money should go to us as a creditor who is not getting their full debt paid.

The only likely outcome is the EFL and Boro coming out saying it's HMRC who are the problem.

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

From the club's pov, (I'm talking FA Fines etc) I'd imagine that is precisely the attitude they are hoping to avoid... on matchday... in and around the stadium... with the world's press watching... and the local constabulary cancelling leave, and clocking on early doors!

DCFC have quite literally just been done for £10k for not controlling their players.  Not a good look if they can't control their fans too!  

I thought we wanted outsiders on our side, not arranging parties for when we die!  

I'm sure there will come a time when the gloves do actually come off.  I'd like to think I'd also be very close by, even if only to hold the odd coat or two!
But Boro Away, on Saturday Feb 12th is both the worst place, and the worst time, for it to happen... From the club's pov!

Yes, if we thought national media ignored the March they definitely wouldn't ignore 'crowd trouble' and violence. It would really go viral.

I really am fed up of it all now. The very heart and future of the club is being stripped away bit by bit player but player with no end in sight. All I see is incompetence and inconsideration from all sides. Throughout all this who is actually considering what this is doing to the fans. More proof if it is needed that football no longer cares for the fans, the very fabric of the game. ???

3 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

If you think about it Mel could sort this in 5 minutes. He drops the stadium price by 7 million to prospective new owners, that money pays off the blood sucking parasites and the takeover is good to go. But Mel's ego is as big as the Gibbon's so he would rather see the Rams go to the wall than end the feud he has with the joker. I hate the thought of Boro getting a penny but this could be resolved pretty quickly....

That assumes that Mel is asking for a payment for the stadium. It is very possible that he intends to gift PP back to the club once the MSD loan had been settled.

5 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

Sorry to bring bad news, but I suggest people look on the transfer thread for the story about Ebosele going for his medical at Udinese (sister club of Watford)

This is going very badly

Pre-contract. Literally nothing we can do thanks to the EFL spinning this out yet again.

1 minute ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I really am fed up of it all now. The very heart and future of the club is being stripped away bit by bit player but player with no end in sight. All I see is incompetence and inconsideration from all sides. Throughout all this who is actually considering what this is doing to the fans. More proof if it is needed that football no longer cares for the fans, the very fabric of the game. ???

This.  

Despite all the chest beating from MPs, I've honestly seen no change.  Yet again the EFL are dictating things and literally no-one seems to be holding them to account.  They really are little dictators, deliberately waiting until after deadline day to make their WW and M statement, middle finger proudly raise to insolvency law, whilst still blaming Derby for everything. 

We've lost great academy talent.  Now Festy, despite so called assurances no-ones leaving.  Not one single person in a supposed position of power seems to actually be able to do anything whilst we get completely picked apart, stamped on, set fire to and buried. All to pander to a little MoFo who has a personal vendetta against Mel, with his slimy WW friend hitching a lift hoping to pick up some scraps.  Losing the will to live? I think I've lost it.  

2 hours ago, Eatonram said:

Can I just ask and perhaps @Brailsford Ram may know. Will the court hearing clear up the question as to whether the claims are “creditors” as they currently stand? Putting aside whether they are football creditors under EFL rules. Because surely if they are not creditors under statute they cannot be football creditors under EFL rules?

In our particular case, given that parliament has clearly grasped the importance of the principle that statute law should override the EFL rule book, then I feel that a court would surely take the line that statute law is 'king.' I have never had any dealings at all with an insolvency case but the definition of a creditor seems quite clear in that it is an entity that is owed money for the provision of goods or services. Neither MFC or WW seem to fall into that category. If not then they cannot be deemed to be a creditor. If not they will not feature in Q's list of creditors. Quite where they would stand if their claim was successful, I have no idea because the whole conundrum then becomes extremely complicated as far as I can see. However, if it ever gets to that stage, it may well mean that DCFC go into liquidation and MFC and WW get nothing anyway.

Having created that riddle, the good news is that if the court chucks out the claim as we all hope they will, then it removes the question in this particular case as to their status as a creditor or not. Then the law makers can consider if they wish to clarify whether or not a party that is victorious in a civil claim should be classed as a creditor or not in the future.

That may be as clear as mud but it is the best I can do ???

1 hour ago, Archie said:

They're different points. Agree, most of this is down to Morris's utter incompetence. You were suggesting handing over money to the two parasite clubs based on their ridiculous claims. I firmly believe we shouldn't. The claims are laughable to say the least. Paying these is an admission of guilt and sets a precedence for the whole of football. In effect hammering in the final nails in its coffin.

Someone on Twitter (I think) put it well: Morris was responsible for getting us into this terrible mess, but it is the EFL, Boro and Wycombe who are preventing us getting out of it. We've accepted our punishment and as far as the club is concerned, Morris has gone. The stadium is a separate issue really: he owns it, but needs to sell it for £20million in order to repay a loan he personally guaranteed.

Suggesting he has a place at talks is simply playing to Gibson's agenda. Gibson basically wants Morris to give him a share of the stadium sale proceeds and take a financial hit in repaying the loan. The EFL should absolutely not be encouraging or enabling this. It has nothing to do with the club, or what the club needs to do the exit administration. It's basically Gibson holding a gun to the club's head while demanding money from Morris ("You still love this club don't you, Mel? Well give me the money.")