The Administration Thread

Boycie

I'd now back a public statement saying the club will take them to court with the expectation of either defeating the claims in full or, if we lose, going into liquidation with us having no intention of paying a penny. Up the ante.

Then we'll see Gibson and co. for what they really are. They'd have to take us to court knowing they'll either win and liquidate us (something he claims he doesn't want to do) or lose and get nothing. 

Play it out in the media.

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

This isn’t Boro or Wycombe’s doing. Those clubs are the fans, the history, the area.

This is Gibson and Mel. 

As mentioned, Derby are just a pawn in a spiteful battle between two wealthy but inept owners.

Initially this was the case but unfortunately their actions are beginning to have a knock effect on the unpleasant and ill informed interactions between fans.  What used to be banter has, in some cases, escalated into hate.

One of the most outrageous bits (and there are many)is how they just blindly assume that the claims are valid. No discussion on how the actual cases themselves should be decided. The EFL want to bypass consideration of the validity of the claims and force us into settling. Surely the claims themselves should be decided first. Then if no success there is no argument. Its absolutely absurd to force acknowledgement that a undecided claim should be treated as an actual debt. This statement shows their real colours. Even Nixon appears totally bewildered. 

They request the attendance now of the "highest bidder(s)". This admits that a preferred bidder is not possible with the claims hanging over us which they previously said was not the case. What authority do they have to summon a potential bidder? 

did they have a lot to drink during the meeting?

24 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I am very comfortable that the balance of probabilities given the fantasy football claim falls firmly in our favour rather than beyond reasonable doubt which is the threshold in the criminal courts.

Balance of probabilities can be as narrow as 51-49 percent. Beyond reasonable doubt as high as 95%+. I was very successful on beyond reasoable doubt so the balance of probabilities sits nicely with me for DCFC in this case. Fingers crossed.

Interesting. I read it the other way round. I had it my head that Middlesbrough would have to satisfy the court that they missed out on promotion due to our over spending. It would be harder for them to satisfy the court if the measure was “beyond all reasonable doubt” rather than “balance of probability”. I can’t imagine any person of sound mind would be convinced that, if they had finished 6th instead of us, they would, beyond all reasonable doubt, have reached the play off final let alone got promoted.

It is of course irrelevant what we think. This can only be a civil case.

Edited by Tamworthram

7 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

How?

It's a moot point, as we can't go off an settle the other debts and then ignore other EFL member clubs 'claims' as none of the bidders will do this. But strictly to the law of the land, if a backer was prepared to do this we could. The EFL then just expel us for the misdemeanor of following the law of the land only and not considering EFL member clubs claims. The EFL can do this as they act for the 72 clubs and that's what the club rules say. 

Before I sign off the night and listen to the missus woes from work, just going to say this, don’t be angry at the EFL’s statement tonight, it’s a positive one for us and it clearly states their position which allows us to move forward with a high court judgment.

Whilst we might disagree on the side they fell into, it wasn’t totally unexpected and we’ve been desperate for them to come down off the fence for a while now, this is better than to continue stalling. 

Quantuma have what they need now, the EFL’s position and proof of funds to see us through the next couple of months, time for court. 

4 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

I'd now back a public statement saying the club will take them to court with the expectation of either defeating the claims in full or, if we lose, going into liquidation with us having no intention of paying a penny. Up the ante.

Then we'll see Gibson and co. for what they really are. They'd have to take us to court knowing they'll either win and liquidate us (something he claims he doesn't want to do) or lose and get nothing. 

Play it out in the media.

I am not convinced the Gibbon is worried about the money…more concerned with continuing the chaos as long as possible is what he is after…

1 minute ago, CBRammette said:

They request the attendance now of the "highest bidder(s)". This admits that a preferred bidder is not possible with the claims hanging over us which they previously said was not the case. What authority do they have to summon a potential bidder? 

What authority do they have to summon Morris, HMRC, MSD either?

5 minutes ago, David said:

Before I sign off the night and listen to the missus woes from work, just going to say this, don’t be angry at the EFL’s statement tonight, it’s a positive one for us and it clearly states their position which allows us to move forward with a high court judgment.

Whilst we might disagree on the side they fell into, it wasn’t totally unexpected and we’ve been desperate for them to come down off the fence for a while now, this is better than to continue stalling. 

Quantuma have what they need now, the EFL’s position and proof of funds to see us through the next couple of months, time for court. 

Crazy how they finally came down of their fence almost as there was just enough time for one last draught to come through as the transfer window slams shut.

Their strategy has been so transparent from the start.  

3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

We're not playing poker; this is more like Russian Roulette.

I don't see a gun pointed at our head, Q imo have done everything(bar updates to fans)that they could have done without threatening legal action, When dealing with a shambolic football organisation like the EFL you have to tread a little carefully, No good being the loudest in the room if the headmaster has the cane.

Now things seem to have changed with the latest EFL statement..."TAKE IT TO COURT" this I would hope is the only option now, Let the Court decide if Boro/WW are creditors.

I know believe Q have the winning hand ?

6 minutes ago, David said:

Absolutely David. Things are moving. Q show your hand. Court, Arbitration or Mediation. As Delia would say 'let's be be aving you!'