The Administration Thread

Boycie

54 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I see this as positive. Bringing things to a head.

Clearly the MPs have banged some heads together and have broken the impasse.

EFL saying "you need to name a PB but we're not telling you what they are bidding for" has been rumbled..... and onwards we go to arbitration, court cases etc.

Unless it's the jury from the O.J. Simpson case I think we'll be in a better place this time next week (and I don't mean Middlesbrough).

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I guess the question there is does high transfer spend/wage bill convert to higher league position, which I think is covered by did we gain a competitive advantage 

Middlesbrough prove our point by having both a higher transfer spend and salary bill but finishing a point behind for the simple reason that they were carp... 

1 minute ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

EFL saying "you need to name a PB but we're not telling you what they are bidding for" has been rumbled..... and onwards we go to arbitration, court cases etc.

Unless it's the jury from the O.J. Simpson case I think we'll be in a better place this time next week (and I don't mean Middlesbrough).

If the glove don't fit, you must aquit!

21 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

An ironic historian joke ....?

If the Boro/Wycombe stance stops a takeover - mainly because the new buyers don't want to get hit down the line for a heap of cash - which is understandable - then we liquidate at some point and everybody loses.

@David 's belief is that at the very next EFL meeting after we have disintegrated they would all piously vote to make sure 'it never happened again.' If that happens I think the EFL are underestimating the blowback.

Boris might be desperate for some good works to do. Maybe Nadine Dorries will be sitting at the end of the next EFL meeting, with an unconventional agenda.

I have some sympathy with @davids view especially now the EFL only have wait for us to run out of money to be rid of us, the EFL are now in a position in which they excel, they have to do nothing???

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

37 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Thanks Rammy03. Can someone download these minutes in full. I cannot read some of his text between the bottom of page 1 and the top of page 2. Can someone help a technophobe please? It probably is the most important bit !

Think the top line is "the administrators (something) that the uncertainty on the legal claim..."

Don't know if there's a line above that probably not.

The paragraph that made me so angry was this one:

“There was also agreement that the administrator is not yet in a position to name a ‘preferred bidder.’ It is the view of the EFL that until they are able to commence discussions with a specific identified preferred bidder it will be difficult to address the issues that remain that prevent exit from administration.”

How very dare the ducking EFL appear to accuse the Administrator of delaying naming a PB by just blithely suggesting the two claims aren't much really!!!

3 hours ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

But was losing their playoff place a directly linked to Derbys beaches of FFP, this would be a difficult one to prove.

You can’t prove it wasn’t either. At some point a judge is going to take an opinion. If this was as simple as saying we only accept cast iron guarantees then CK wouldn’t have run for the hills and someone would have bought us by now. I think the odds are in our favour but a ridiculous risk to take.

10 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Look I think a sell out tomorrow could raise a couple of million with ticket sales and food sales beer sales from pub and inside of pp.

I dont think it will be quite that much but it will be a much needed cash boost certainly. However bad our financial position still couldnt buy a chicken balti pie though!!

1 minute ago, CBRammette said:

I dont think it will be quite that much but it will be a much needed cash boost certainly. However bad our financial position still couldnt buy a chicken balti pie though!!

Plenty of other pies to buy every single penny counts right now.

51 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

I cannot think of a single reason why they would do that, unless it's to save face the the rest of the world's population.

Money, 33,000 turning up tomorrow, 2-3000 at away matches and on TV every other week.

They want to kick us, kick us some more, kick us while we’re on the floor, but not wipe us out completely, because

money 

5 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

I know I was just joking with you B4. Cant wait its my first game since my 19/20 season ticket was abruptly halted due to covid. Care for my dad sorted for tomorrow. Cannot wait. 

I hope they win for you

I hope set up radio for him so he can listen to the game as well.

52 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well I think we shall be okay I do think that we shall have new owners appley and bennie brothers remain keen to buy the club.

Does it matter who and how many people want to buy us? The Boro and Wycombe issue etc are preventing a preferred bidder being identified. The funds for us fulfilling the season will eventually run out and we’ll be liquidation. The MP update is awfully bleak and there is no way out. We are at the end, the debts we are in are the worse seen 

14 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

You can’t prove it wasn’t either. At some point a judge is going to take an opinion. If this was as simple as saying we only accept cast iron guarantees then CK wouldn’t have run for the hills and someone would have bought us by now. I think the odds are in our favour but a ridiculous risk to take.

We can’t prove it wasn’t however,  Boro and Wycombe are bringing the case and the onus is on them. Court or arbitration a verdict has to be backed up by some level of reasonable proof, three QCs have reportedly looked  at the case and given the thumbs down let’s hope their opinion is correct

49 minutes ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

Yes bear in mind these minutes have had to be approved by Efl so have gone through their distorting lens.

quite cynical and manipulative how they try and distract attention from the Boro and Wycombe claims.