The Administration Thread

Boycie

47 minutes ago, archram said:

Seems sensible to me to get some idea of who may help just in case. Leaving it til we definitely know would be too late.

Yes of course I realise why and the need for doing this, however, this is something that could have promoted much sooner. More emphasis could been given to sell out PP and companies to donate much sooner than today.

I would have thought it logical and more pragmatic to have got this message out there much earlier unless something has arisen today that has given reason to be more urgent in asking for extra/more support.

That is my concern. 

11 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Exactly this.

The only way to get people on side is to say we’ve been punished and it’s been accepted. 

We need to highlight the extent of our punishment:

- fined 

- huge points deductions 

- multi window transfer embargo’s

- forced to sell off/release key players

- takeover deals being obstructed 

Then ask, when have we been punished enough, and can we be left to get on with saving our club without interference?

That’s the bottom line now!

I'd say the arguments against (to convince outside people) are even simpler:

Wycombe: we complied with every timescale we were given, bar one minor extension which made no difference.  Wycombe's argument is literally that we should have complied with our punishment before we were even found guilty of *anything*, which is clearly nonsense.

'Boro: They are trying to re-run EFL disciplinary cases because they didn't like the outcome. The cases have been run. The punishments have been handed out.  'Boro wanted to join in the appeal to claim they were specifically harmed, and were denied by the panel. The opportunity to hand out compensation was within the power of the panel and they chose not to.

5 minutes ago, Cool As Custard said:

Interesting how its worded - the EFL are desperate to avoid to being grilled further or be subject to further scrutiny by the Political Stakeholders (MPs). Clearly they have come to some agreement in principal with the administrators over the weekend which is now being formalized ahead of the new meeting tomorrow where they hope to 'resolve the outstanding issues to the satisfaction of all parties'.

Clearly a deal has been done which the EFL, Gibson & Couhig are all happy with or they wouldn't be wording it as they have above. If they then shaft us again tomorrow after postponing the meeting with MPs it is only going to lead to even more pain & scrutiny when another meeting with them is required.

Therefore I can only see this as a positive and wouldn't be surprised to see an agreement announced in the next '48 hours'..... 

48 hours ?

12 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

The point that Curtains was making is a very important one. No, we are not going to reverse the points deductions. But the fact is that EFL were at a fault.. if the amortisation policy was wrong why did they act three years too late, as David asks ? EFL failure to act damaged us far more than it damaged Boro. 

So if the blame is split between Morris and EFL .. how can we be punished by EFL now for Morris mistakes. The only people who are culpable who are still on the scene are the EFL themselves.    

So we need to maintain pressure on EFL.    

NO ONE OUTSIDE THE DCFC FAMILY CARES ABOUT OUR POINTS DEDUCTIONS. We need to maintain pressure on the EFL in a way that engenders fans from other Clubs to support the cause.

19 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

'Positive developments' from the EFL probably just means that they managed to round up some other clubs to make claims. Apparently the tea at PP was found wanting last year and Forest are making a claim for £962 billion based on the morale hit that they took from being served sub-standard beverages. They'd have been running away with the Premier League by now if it wasn't for Derby and their tea.

Don't forget the coffee cup, surely we should be sued for failing to control our beverage receptacles.

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

NO ONE OUTSIDE THE DCFC FAMILY CARES ABOUT OUR POINTS DEDUCTIONS. We need to maintain pressure on the EFL in a way that engenders fans from other Clubs to support the cause.

I think pressure can be maintained on the EFL despite that. Forget scrapping the deductions, we all know that won't happen, but we can continue to highlight the way the EFL are attempting to 'Melwash' everything now he is apparently out of the picture, to cover for their own errors and cover their own backs. If they can do it to us... etc.

Looks like another tactic to delay and distract.

You have had a bid which is reportedly accepted to challenge the cases Boro and Wycombe have brought against you.

We'll give you another 24hrs to digest, then we'll meet and you can tell us why you haven't accepted and wrapped this up.

We will then release a 10pm statement criticising you for not accepting a bid and publicly questioning why you haven't. 

Yours Sincerely 

The EFL 

5 minutes ago, Jon Bon Pony said:

I think pressure can be maintained on the EFL despite that. Forget scrapping the deductions, we all know that won't happen, but we can continue to highlight the way the EFL are attempting to 'Melwash' everything now he is apparently out of the picture, to cover for their own errors and cover their own backs. If they can do it to us... etc.

I wonder if Mel will be revisiting some of the more controversial statements from the EFL, Gibson and the Yank? Lots of comments about cheating which I doubt he'll simply allow to stand - suspect that once the Admin part is out of the way and he no longer has links to the club there may be a few legal letters flying towards the three main protagonists....

Edited by Gaspode

3 hours ago, Kenavo said:

IMO this is part of the EFL/Boro campaign over the last few days to shift the spotlight away from them and onto Morris. We all know that Morris ducked up big time and it will be a very long time (if ever) before he's forgiven for that, but it doesn't change the fact that EFL and Boro are actively twisting the knife and we should do everything we can to keep the spotlight on them for their incompetent/malicious behaviour.

Morris is gone - he owns the ground and he is prepared to sell it for £20 million or rent it - end of story - we are being destroyed at this point by two parasite owners of other football clubs and a EFL who abstain from all responsibilities 

2 hours ago, Gritstone Tup said:

Correct but it dosent stop Mel from doing something with it. He didn’t grab that stadium for the good of the club imo. But you’re correct that we don’t want it transferring to new buyer of the club either because it puts an asset their which they Gibbo case could utilise.

Best scenario council buy it. I think the next set of targets for the fans groups should be asking that question of the Councils.

He might have stopped it being sold by the administrators to fund Middlesbrough and Wycombe ! 

29 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I'd say the arguments against (to convince outside people) are even simpler:

Wycombe: we complied with every timescale we were given, bar one minor extension which made no difference.  Wycombe's argument is literally that we should have complied with our punishment before we were even found guilty of *anything*, which is clearly nonsense.

'Boro: They are trying to re-run EFL disciplinary cases because they didn't like the outcome. The cases have been run. The punishments have been handed out.  'Boro wanted to join in the appeal to claim they were specifically harmed, and were denied by the panel. The opportunity to hand out compensation was within the power of the panel and they chose not to.

Surely that’s more complex than, we’ve served our punishment?

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

None of that makes Nigel Pearson a good appointment or the right man for the job at the time.

Away at Barnsley  lost 2-0 sticks in my mind - Butterfield at left wing Hughes at defensive midfield and thousands of Derby fans leaving the ground half an hour early and Pearson looking surprised that we thought it was a disgrace - you knew it was hopeless