The Administration Thread

Boycie

I've had an email response from the EFL this afternoon. I've looked through a little of the thread and haven't seen anything similar so I thought I'd post it here in italics so you can see what they've said. It was from a "supporter liaison" person after I'd mailed Rick Parry directly.

"On Monday 17 January the EFL released a statement in the form of a Q&A from Chief Executive Trevor Birch, in order to comment on a number of recent reports, social media comment and fan communication in relation to ongoing matters at Derby County. The Q&A can be read here but a number of relevant comments from it have been provided below in order to address some of the points you raise.

"The EFL is taking proactive steps to work with the Administrators to find sensible solutions that will see the Club secure a long-term future and meet the requirements as set out in EFL Regulations and the League’s Insolvency Policy.

"The aims of the Insolvency Policy are to try and ensure a continuation of a football Club, the settlement of all football debts and the satisfaction of creditors. Part of the League’s rationale for requiring the settlement of creditors is to preserve competition integrity. In this respect the current situation remains challenging as Middlesbrough and Wycombe Wanderers consider their claims should be protected under the terms of the Insolvency Policy but the Administrators disagree. Further, as those claims are not yet determined, the Administrators and bidders have no clarity on the size of any (if any) liability.

"The EFL is not a party to those proceedings and nor does it have a role in determining the outcome of them, however it is keen to try and resolve the current impasse. The EFL invited each of the Administrators, Middlesbrough FC, and Wycombe Wanderers to make submissions last week, and we are now in the process of reviewing those submissions with a view to identifying a route to resolve the conflict which exists between the respective positions of, on the one hand, Derby County, and on the other Middlesbrough and Wycombe Wanderers.

"As outlined in the Q&A, this is a complicated set of circumstances that requires consideration of the EFL’s broader role as the body that oversees 72 member Clubs and not just those Clubs that may be affected at any one time. To try and simplify what is a complex legal position is not simple or straightforward but we are committed to finding an appropriate solution and providing clarity on the issue as soon as possible."

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yes you're missing the point though they're all raised as rhetorical questions implying that the administrators haven't reached a settlement with HMRC etc

They can’t settle with anyone yet. What is holding things from moving forward and announcing a preferred bidder who will co fund us through the rest of the process is the Boro and Wycombe claims. 

Gibson being disingenuous.

This is all just a bit of finger pointing and posturing before they get their heads banged together by an independent mediator and a solution found. Seen it so many times before. 

EFL typically in self preservation mode, Gibson having a bit of a rant and Admin putting the ball in EFL court.

Time to end the party, get the grown ups involved and save DCFC

11 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

I give in.

They surely must know that they cannot disclose information that is being requested.  Also not sure why he is overly concerned about HMRC, if they are successful in their claim to be a football creditor, and we liquidate, it's HMRC and the public who will suffer whilst he continues to stuff his pockets 

This entire situation is ludicrous. The punishment has been handed out. Derby County cannot be blamed for a massive losing streak 

Has anyone, or will anyone, do the maths and work out that if DCFC's entire season's results were expunged (removed) - where would Middlesbrough have finished the season? I'd be interested to know, not that it's particularly relevant. Just interesting. 

Just now, TooFarInToTurnRed said:

In the event of Liquidation I thought HMRC would jump above football creditors. I think football creditors rule only matters if you want to stay in the league. Anyone confirm?

But if we are not in the league no one buys us so we are stuffed.

Just now, TooFarInToTurnRed said:

In the event of Liquidation I thought HMRC would jump above football creditors. I think football creditors rule only matters if you want to stay in the league. Anyone confirm?

Can't confirm on that one as I've never dealt with anything to do with football clubs, however HMRC are much more likely to get more money if we are not liquidated than if they are feeding on scraps, that is more my point 

2 minutes ago, Dai Capp said:

This is all just a bit of finger pointing and posturing before they get their heads banged together by an independent mediator and a solution found. Seen it so many times before. 

EFL typically in self preservation mode, Gibson having a bit of a rant and Admin putting the ball in EFL court.

Time to end the party, get the grown ups involved and save DCFC

Best summary of the situation after the latest set of statements (and Gibson's bizarre letter)

37 minutes ago, David said:

It's correct that this is not solely dependant on the Boro and Wycombe issues, however we are unable to name a preferred bidder until that has been resolved, surely they can understand this? 

They can say they need this information urgently, as well as proof of funding, although we need them to also make a decision on if Boro and Wycombe are football creditors urgently. 

To me, this statement looks like another attempt to try and push the clubs to resolve it between themselves, knowing that if they make a decision it will anger either party, they appear to desperately want to avoid this for obvious reasons.

However, the EFL is disappointed to note that whilst this dialogue has been taking place there has been, and continues to be, a large amount of misinformation circulating in the public domain which is inaccurate, misleading and a distraction.

JOIN THE CLUB WE'VE BEEN IN FOR 2 YEARS

I read the main body of that as we can't name a preferred bidder because your worried that this claim may open a massive session of money demands and won't make a ruling

31 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

People calling Quantuma and saying they're incompetent - no chance, this is probably one of the hardest things they've had to deal with and IMO, they've handled things well so far.

They seem to be the only ones who come across as professional.

Not forgetting there were rumours the other day that other administrators wouldn't dare take on the job.

25 minutes ago, cosmic said:

This prat has decided to speak out now...

It's as if they plan to release statements together. Surely not?

Point 1). Mind you own business.

Point 2).Not worthy of conversation.

Point 3). Mind your own business.

Point 4). Compromise not acceptable as claim refuted.

Point 5). Mind your own business.

29 minutes ago, cosmic said:

This prat has decided to speak out now...

It's as if they plan to release statements together. Surely not?

So was this rushed out in the 25 minutes following the Administrators statement, or did they have this lined up and sent it out without reading Q's statement? I'm thinking the latter...