The Administration Thread

Boycie

It is starting to look a little bit like the EFL are going to be under serious pressure to do something about it.

At the moment it looks like Derby have bids that would appear to be credible enough to take to the creditors, which meet legal requirements. The EFL simply cannot be seen to let a club in that situation go to the wall. The bidders know that, Quantuma know that, we all know it and the EFL know it too. 

One thing I found amazing this weekend was Parry saying he was not aware of the legitimacy of the claims as he hadn’t seen them. Of course you’d expect him not to comment on them, but the chairman of the EFL has not taken the time to study the claims, from one EFL club to another, that might see one of his clubs go out of business. Just utterly ludicrous and shows the arrogance of not just him but the EFL as a whole. I suspect he will be making sure he is aware of what the claims entail soon.

Just now, nottingram said:

It is starting to look a little bit like the EFL are going to be under serious pressure to do something about it.

At the moment it looks like Derby have bids that would appear to be credible enough to take to the creditors, which meet legal requirements. The EFL simply cannot be seen to let a club in that situation go to the wall. The bidders know that, Quantuma know that, we all know it and the EFL know it too. 

One thing I found amazing this weekend was Parry saying he was not aware of the legitimacy of the claims as he hadn’t seen them. Of course you’d expect him not to comment on them, but the chairman of the EFL has not taken the time to study the claims, from one EFL club to another, that might see one of his clubs go out of business. Just utterly ludicrous and shows the arrogance of not just him but the EFL as a whole. I suspect he will be making sure he is aware of what the claims entail soon.

Please email those points to the ITV journalist putting together a piece for Central News.

Her email is in the national media thread and her Twitter handle is somewhere.

2 minutes ago, nottingram said:

It's ludicrous that our good friend Mr Pop  has a better idea of the goings on than the chairman of the EFL ?

26 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Isn't the EFL - by not dismissing the Boro and Wycombe bogus/chancer claims - preventing the Administrators performing their legal duty to the creditors by securing new owners for the club, owners that will repay the monies that their legitimate claims entitle them to?

Agreed, plus when I heard Rooney in the post match mentioning the backroom staff I thought there's also many DCFC employees who could be out of a job because the EFL won't approve a legitimate takeover offer

1 minute ago, SamUltraRam said:

Agreed, plus when I heard Rooney in the post match mentioning the backroom staff I thought there's also many DCFC employees who could be out of a job because the EFL won't approve a legitimate takeover offer

Circa 250 employees livelihood's are at stake and then you forget about the immediate Supply Chain - how many part time staff on a match day. Even down to people like Police Officers who probably want the overtime on a match day.

There are so many hundreds of people who are quite literally two weeks away from having no job at all.

9 minutes ago, nottingram said:

So how can EFL decide they are football creditors if Parry hasn’t even seen what they are about?

11 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Not only that, but he sits on a board which has a club representative that includes the CEO of Middlesbrough.....

Someone he will talk to regularly, have personal contact details to and will see in person. 

Yet he still doesn't know what the claim is that potentially could send a founder club to the wall. 

Rick Parry. You come across as incompetent. Or worse than incompetent. But I won't write that on here. 

Edited by Norman

3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

OK - So someone tell me why this idea wouldn't work?

EFL tell Wycombe and Boro to drop your claims. The takeover goes through. Wycombe and Boro come back with their claims in 3 months time?

(Oh and then in 6 months time they get laughed out of arbitration unless the EFL fix that as well!!)

Cos they know right now they have us over a timescale barrel.. and are more likely to get a payout just to shut them up and go away.

unless of course we get liquidated in which case gibson wins anyhow the Bamford

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

one thing is certain   The Quantuma team have had possibly the worst weekend of their lives

It's still very confused but there's little doubt things are falling into place for us. I will just be devastated if we sell Jason Knight before they do 

Not sure Rick Parry had the best of weekends answering Derby fans emails . Then opens the Daily  mail on Monday and finds Daily Mail saying several clubs could be suing the Efl.

Not going well for Efl at all.

14 minutes ago, nottingram said:

I read that as him saying the EFL in their entirety choose to not look at the claims at all, not just that parry himself hadn't looked at them. Nobody vets them, approves them, or even checks if they're compliant with even the most basic of EFL rules.  Basically if 2 clubs have a dispute, the EFL stay neutral, say nothing and let a LAP sort it out. They're relying entirely on the cost of LAP hearings etc to deter frivolous claims.

4 minutes ago, Cool As Custard said:

This worries me 

The MP's won't really have a clue about the situation & will get fobbed off by Trevor Birch bulls**t

They'll come back and say they tried but we have to let the process play out

You can see it coming a mile off.....

MPs might might come across as thick, But they aint stupid.

Just now, duncanjwitham said:

I read that as him saying the EFL in their entirety choose to not look at the claims at all, not just that parry himself hadn't looked at them. Nobody vets them, approves them, or even checks if they're compliant with even the most basic of EFL rules.  Basically if 2 clubs have a dispute, the EFL stay neutral, say nothing and let a LAP sort it out. They're relying entirely on the cost of LAP hearings etc to deter frivolous claims.

Which if anything, is even more ridiculous. The very existence of an EFL club is being threatened by a frivolous claim, with no hope of being sorted without mediation, and the EFL’s fingers are in their collective ears. 

You might, might, forgive the chairman of the EFL for not being fully aware of the intricate details. The collective body cannot be forgiven for that under any circumstances.