The Administration Thread

Boycie

9 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Owen Bradley tweeted that the EFL had moved the goalposts so the Administrators were completely blindsided by their new demands.

I said the other day that it's the unknown unknowns that were killing us and the EFL keep coming up with them. 

That is quite shocking and should be properly exposed and discussed. 

At the very least it should give fat Alan Brazil something to slur through for a couple of months.... 

Let’s just say we go into liquidation, what happens with PP stadium?
We couldn’t remain there as a Phoenix club with the limited income there of and with the overheads that the club would incur to remain occupants and operate within it.
So my question is this, surely it’s in the best interest of Mel Morris to offer funding for the remainder of this season to ensure we keep functioning as DCFC.

This would in turn ensure “his!” PP stadium maintains an income or can be bought from him when we are freed from the current situation we find ourselves in (which he is responsible for anyway).

Otherwise….

What would be the point in PP stadium, what could he do with PP stadium without DCFC having paid £80m for it? Leaving it to become a baron wasteland should we fold makes no sense at all.

Makes sense for him to cover our costs to the end of the season as he is culpable/ responsible and he can afford it IMHO.

The only hope for him is that we are bought out by the end of the season and the ground is subsequently leased or purchased from him by the new owners.

4 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Let’s just say we go into liquidation, what happens with PP stadium?
We couldn’t remain there as a Phoenix club with the limited income there of and with the overheads that the club would incur to remain occupants and operate within it.
So my question is this, surely it’s in the best interest of Mel Morris to offer funding for the remainder of this season to ensure we keep functioning as DCFC.

This would in turn ensure “his!” PP stadium maintains an income or can be bought from him when we are freed from the current situation we find ourselves in (which he is responsible for anyway).

Otherwise….

What would be the point in PP stadium, what could he do with PP stadium without DCFC having paid £80m for it? Leaving it to become a baron wasteland should we fold makes no sense at all.

Makes sense for him to cover our costs to the end of the season as he is culpable/ responsible and he can afford it IMHO.

The only hope for him is that we are bought out by the end of the season and the ground is subsequently leased or purchased from him by the new owners.

All I know is after being fed lies by Mel Morris I’d have followed him into battle, now I wouldn’t urinate on him if he was on fire. The ONLY good thing to come out of Derby County going bust is his wallet would be hit. Duck him, ‘one of our own’ we used to sing… how wrong we were, doesn’t even deserve to call himself a fan… we’d be better off without him.

23 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Until we went into admin the EFL allowed Gibson and his henchmen to ride over us roughshod. Since then they have realised they are in the firing line. So instead of showing the leadership we need, they have focused on the rules and on covering their own backsides.

Quantuma’s statement is disingenuous and designed to make us conclude the EFl is to blame. THEY HAD NO PLAN B ! SCHOOLBOY ERROR 

Quantuma shouldn't have to have a plan B. Rules are rules and laws are laws. They are a professional accredited business and they follow the law. They are following the law.  

They aren't here to "show leadership", they are here to follow the law, and provide the best deal for the creditors. Too right they are covering their backsides, would you just wing it if you were in a legal situation.

What we are seeing here is the EFL being upset they couldn't relegate us last season and they are trying their hardest to do it this time, in fact attempting to break UK insolvency laws to do so.

I'm sure any administrator wouldn't expect to have to deal with a governing body which is basically acting like a petulant child that can't get was they want.

Some may say the EFL don't have a vendetta against us, but the day that they came out and said they were "disappointed" with the findings of the independent panel, they cemented that they do, and their actions since then have shown that they are a corrupt disgrace.

This isn't going to stop with us. They wiped out Macclesfield, they kicked out Bury, they let a fraudster take over at Wigan then washed their hands of it a month later, they sent Bolton to league 2, and they are going to liquidate Derby. 

The league needs to be restructured and the EFL needs to be removed.

2 minutes ago, ripleyram88 said:

They aren't here to "show leadership", they are here to follow the law, and provide the best deal for the creditors. Too right they are covering their backsides, would you just wing it if you were in a legal situation.

Spot on. Less so on here, but a lot of people on Twitter seem to think the admins should be acting in the way best for the club, rather than the creditors. 

Edited by Andicis

29 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

So was it in Quantuma’s sole gift to bring about a settlement to the Middlesborough and Wycombe claims? (which is what the EFL seem to be claiming is the sticking point). 

I don't mean cave in and pay, but properly settle. 

What have they not done that they should have? 

They assumed Gibson would do a deal before the Jan window closes. You heard their timetable. They made the elementary mistake of assuming he would act in a commercially rational way, as the other stakeholders have. Most people on here could have told them that was a naive assumption  

Instead they needed to be working in September on a way of addressing his claim that would satisfy bidders and the EFL. I think they will eventually find a way through it (the only one I can think of requires MM to get involved) but I think it will come too late for the squad and sadly make relegation a near certainty.  

11 minutes ago, ripleyram88 said:

I'm sure any administrator wouldn't expect to have to deal with a governing body which is basically acting like a petulant child that can't get was they want.

The problem is not the governing body. It’s Gibson. That is clear from the admins statement (despite their efforts to blame the EFl )

9 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

Hold on Kev, hold on... there's a lot of anger and a lot of folks to point the finger at. Quantuma? Not a bit of it. They're doing their job.

Yesterday’s meeting was clearly a shambles. You know that from Rooney’s expectations. You know if from a highly creditable account from @Unlucky Alf. You know it if you read between the lines of the admins’ statement. And you know it because we are now, officially, in the poo.  For the admins to completely lose control of a key meeting, of THE key meeting, is all the evidence you need. 

Edited by kevinhectoring

I understand the anger, the supposition, and the what-ifs. This is a forum…forums are built on what-ifs. But I am seeing some grasp onto so called ‘details’ as truths. Which seems to be causing unnecessary disputes. 

In any negotiation, facts and figures change daily (if not hourly). So we can only really work with the latest data that’s been offered. 

The biggest piece being:

The administrators are (in the best way they can while staying with in the guidelines of an accredited legal entity) claiming they have bids for the club that satisfy the needs of the creditors and Club. and want the EFL to clarify why that isn’t good enough for the EFL. 

In my eyes- Todays statement from the administrators was a pretty massive shot across the bow. As I eluded in my previous post a couple pages back. After todays statement by the admin. The onus rests completely with the EFL to explain to everybody(including some pretty itchy creditors) why they are not ratifying the club sale. 

19 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

The admins have tried to dupe us in their blame game. Don’t you think they’d try just as hard to dupe Owen 

That's just your theory. It won't be very good for their reputation if DCFC get liquidated. Are they competent? It's hard to say from what little we see, but it's fair to say they might have had a reasonable expectation that the EFL would act as a neutral arbiter, particularly regarding the spurious claims, but it appears they are entirely in thrall to those with an agenda. I'm not sure what any Administrator could do under these circumstances. 

4 minutes ago, Hanny said:

I understand the anger, the supposition, and the what-ifs. This is a forum…forums are built on what-ifs. But I am seeing some grasp onto so called ‘details’ as truths. Which seems to be causing unnecessary disputes. 

In any negotiation, facts and figures change daily (if not hourly). So we can only really work with the latest data that’s been offered. 

The biggest piece being:

The administrators are (in the best way they can while staying with in the guidelines of an accredited legal entity) claiming they have bids for the club that satisfy the needs of the creditors and Club. and want the EFL to clarify why that isn’t good enough for the EFL. 

In my eyes- Todays statement from the administrators was a pretty massive shot across the bow. As I eluded in my previous post a couple pages back. After todays statement by the admin. The onus rests completely with the EFL to explain to everybody(including some pretty itchy creditors) why they are not ratifying the club sale. 

Because they are useless incompetent Bamfords who don’t lie it when you point out they are useless incompetent Bamfords. They are throwing their toys out of the pram and unfortunately for us we are the toy. My one saving grace is if we do go bust those useless twits won’t get a single penny from me in my form. 

8 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Listen up people..this is fact, Ive just had an email from a very reliable source...please read this is NO wind up.

Ok… here goes… the first part you’ll know and probably have read but the other comes from the Admin who spoke to my friend directly this morning. This is my written explanation of what he told me so my words not his…

So it seems that the administrators went to the meeting with the EFL yesterday with the expectation that they would leave the meeting being able to name the PB. To do this the EFL stated that DCFC had to fulfil their obligation to show proof of funds and see out the season. Q said we’ll do this via loans until the point at which we name the PB, after which they will put £X of million into the club to see it through to the end of the season – sound plan and one that gives everyone hope / optimism / security. The EFL then said ‘what about the Middlesbrough and Wycombe claims?’ Q answered that ‘legally’ that has no authority and even if it did then they were very confident that they would win the case based on the reality that it has no factual merit and their advice, plus they have followed instruction and rules. The EFL then took the stance that ‘well until this is resolved you cannot name the PB’ which may well be in breach of their own rule book and is certainly a subjective take on how to apply things. Essentially; they are able do what they want and definitely interpret things under the banner of doing so on behalf of their members (excluding Derby obvs). This has caused the latest stand-off and today’s repercussions re. Jagielka.

What the Admin / my pal’s take is, is that there is a definite agenda here to punish Derby as heavily as possible. The fact that they have earned the points they have and have bread hope, has in turn led to the feeling that the punishment is not strong enough and that this could set a dangerous precedent for other clubs to break the rules (should Derby achieve the impossible). Clubs are obviously bitter about that and in some ways, I think that’s fair enough and we’d likely feel the same. The issue now quickly shifts towards the fact that the EFL are using these claims as a delaying tactic to push Derby into more uncertainty and force them to either sell players very cheaply (which devalues the club) or persuade the new PB to pay off Middlesbrough and Wycombe (despite the fact there is little legal standing to their claims and the fact the EFL are largely responsible for the delayed timing of the second). My take on that is that whilst morally these clubs, others in the league and the EFL have reason to be pissed off with Derby – it’s a very legally problematic, ambiguous and negatively motivated way of enforcing them – it’s not based on the law nor is it objective / balanced. I’m sure that if there were more time available then Admin would fight it and win but that doesn’t appear to be an option given certain deadlines that are needed to be met.

What he also said was that the Admin have firm proof that the EFL are directly leaking stories to the press – in particular John Percy and specifically via Trevor Birch – for their own agenda.

Where this leaves things is anyone’s guess. There’s definitely a feel within the club that the players, staff and admin are all pulling for the same thing (as are the fans) but the EFL are hell bent on crushing them. Had we earned no points and been adrift then I’m sure none of this would have happened as relegation would have been the punishment, they felt appropriate. The key to unlocking the situation seems to be resolving the the claims by M and W. The fact that they are allowed to get away with this and have the backing of the EFL stinks to poo imo and may well be illegal, even if there is some moral merit surely this sets a crazy precedent for every other similar situation in future?

I'm bumping this because not everyone may have seen it. 

Have you spread this anywhere else on social media Alf? Surely a national newspaper journalist or two would find it interesting? 

8 minutes ago, Crewton said:

they might have had a reasonable expectation that the EFL would act as a neutral arbiter, particularly regarding the spurious claims,

Look I agree that a neutral arbiter would regard these as spurious claims. But should Q expect that the regulator would treat the claims as spurious, when its rules say they are to be adjudicated by an arbitrator? Of course not  

21 minutes ago, Hanny said:

The onus rests completely with the EFL to explain to everybody(including some pretty itchy creditors) why they are not ratifying the club sale. 

This is not to do with ‘ratifying the sale’. I think the problem is we can’t prove to the EFl that we can fund ourselves to the end of the season. And that’s because the admins have not found a clean route out of administration (in light of Gibson’s claim)