The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Ed Dawes allegedly asking admins directly for clarity on the points above

* EFL proof of funding demands * Phil Jagielka * Preferred bidder being announced today

1 and 3 i'd not expect any info, But Jagielka would be a simple Yes his contract has been cancelled

Maybe everyone stop looking at the efl as an issue and look more towards the bidders who don’t want to take the club on as too much of a risk. With the Middlesbrough and Wycombe cases these bidders are apprehensive of taking the club on. What can the efl do if 2 clubs put in a case and no bidder has enough balls to challenge it. They are asking administrators to provide funds for season if no buyer is found seems to me like they are acting in the best interests of the club I’m afraid 

2 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

Only scenario I can see Jagielka contract cancellation is because EFL have revoked his player registration with us, remembering he was able to sign because Bielik and CKR injured, which they aren't anymore,  the mtg yesterday must have worried the EFL that we are seriously close to running out of funds and rejecting player bids has riled them.

I'm still hopeful he can play tomorrow and it's mis communication with the extension. 

Beeb saying no PB announcement yet again..... Quantuma have to come out and explain what the hell is going on.

From the looks of the tweet from Ed Dawes it looks like Quantuma won't be saying a word.

3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

There's so many people on here in denial of what's happening - just blaming the messengers, the journalists, the EFL, the Administrators.

Our club is at serious risk because - at the moment, at least - no one is stumping up the cash to buy it.

It’s very sad mate. 
As I said last night  EFL determined to inflict more pain .

Derby is not quite in a distressed enough state for Ashley to go in for the kill .

He will wait until the verge of liquidation .

Its what I’ve heard 

Just now, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

The league will want assurances as if Derby go out of business it would mean consequences for the league, other clubs, fixtures, staff at the club, players etc. The league need to know Derby can complete the season. 

What exactly could they do if such assurances can’t be given?

As supporters, our job starts tomorrow afternoon just before 3pm. Not trying to guess what is going to happen to DCFC in the short term. 

There's nothing else we can do apart from support the players and try and get 3 points to put more pressure on the teams just above us. 

I hope your all with me. 

10 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

Only scenario I can see Jagielka contract cancellation is because EFL have revoked his player registration with us, remembering he was able to sign because Bielik and CKR injured, which they aren't anymore,  the mtg yesterday must have worried the EFL that we are seriously close to running out of funds and rejecting player bids has riled them.

I'm still hopeful he can play tomorrow and it's mis communication with the extension. 

Beeb saying no PB announcement yet again..... Quantuma have to come out and explain what the he'll is going on.

But selling the very few players we actually have, isn't going to get the club out of this hole. So it's pointless. We are in so much debt we just need someone to come in and stump up the cash that is needed. Initially they might need to take a hit but it will save the club. 

Edited by Rammy03

1 minute ago, MK-Ram said:

Quantuma's reputation must be taking a serious hit here.

I also don't understand why there is a clear vendetta against the club - if we were fighting for promotion then I would understand, however we are merely fighting for breath at the moment.

So Quantuma were confident of avoiding difficulties but were stymied by the EFL, who as your rightly say have a vendetta against us?   So whose reputation is it that should take a serious hit here? 

Frankly the EFL's reputation was in tatters well before now. It is now time for its abolition. 

I understand and accept the EFL not allowing players to be signed or extended until proof of funding is confirmed, a preferred bidder will be the answer to this so let’s hope it happens or we are staring down the barrel. With regards to the funds, I share the sentiment of another poster earlier, there are plenty of wealthy Derby fans as well as average Joe’s like myself, we know match day and commercial revenue supports the club, can’t the admins do something trivial like “sponsor a blade of grass by £x or more” to raise money for the club. Similar to the old fashioned passing a bucket round, make it a transactional process in which fans can (if they choose to as I know plenty of our hard earned money is already given) put some more much needed capital into the club. Money that aside from tax will go straight to the club and not commercial partners. ??‍♂️ 

Just now, Rammy03 said:

But selling the very few players we actually have, isn't going to get the club out of this whole. So it's pointless. We are in so much debt we just need someone to come in and stump up the cash that is needed. Initially they might need to take a hit but it will save the club. 

Mate the club will have to take a hit on players to reduce the debt for a new owner to come in and save us .

Most likely scenario IMO 

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

So Quantuma were confident of avoiding difficulties but were stymied by the EFL, who as your rightly say have a vendetta against us?   So whose reputation is it that should take a serious hit here? 

Frankly the EFL's reputation was in tatters well before now. It is now time for its abolition. 

6A0BA6A5-A255-4930-B888-6B47EB9ECD32.gif It’s not just that though the debt is too high to take on without player sales 

Edited by Curtains
Added

I suspect the twitter stuff about Jag's contract being cancelled is wrong. What it actually means is that his contract renewal to the end of the season cannot be completed, until the EFL have proof the club will have a positive cash balance to pay the outgoings until the end of the season. Last minute ducking and diving by potential preferred bidders may well be holding up things, or even a late bid coming in. Lets see, what's happened to the Gadsby involvement? That seems to have gone quiet, or has it?

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

What exactly could they do if such assurances can’t be given?

Er ... throw us out of the EFL? 

When challenged a few months back about what had the EFL ever done for Derby their only answer was they hadn't thrown us out of the EFL.. yet.