Boycie

4 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Nope I’ve tried to be optimistic but I think it will go like this :

• no preferred bidder today 

• jags contract expires 

• Lawrence sold 

• Buchanan sold 

• knight sold 

Okay, so if the above is a very realistic worst case scenario, how much of an effect would it have in the grand scheme of this season...hypothetically. KB to return 'imminently'...

Even if PB not named, Rooney seemed to thing he could extend Jags(?)

Edited by TheSlate

1 minute ago, Barney1991 said:

No I don’t think we will and expect players to be sold in this window. 

Yup.

I suspect there's things that with goodwill could be allowed to happen with certain assurances, are not being allowed because the letter of the rules means they don't have to be allowed.

I expect us to get ducked whether a takeover happens or not.

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Why so categoric. Were you, or someone close to you you can trust, at the meeting this morning?

Sold Rick Parry some paint on FB marketplace this morning and he said that they had a late night brainstorming session to curtail any positive progress. Said Steve Gibson sent them a pizza. 

Edited by TheSlate
typos

22 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

He knows nowt, If he knew...it's a scoop and he'll flush all those other turds down the pan, Like us he's awaiting the announcment

Agreed, he knows as much as the rest of us but is trying to hide it by being cryptic. He'll know when we know.

7 minutes ago, Betty Swollocks said:

No

But I also think that given Rooney`s comments yesterday, Quantuma need to come out and issue a statement explaining why Rooney was "misled" into believing it was due to be today.

Unless of course, Rooney is simply trying to engineer himself a move?

You need to start writing books on bizarre conspiracy theory's I think   

8 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I dont understand your figures.  Any buyer is going to have to find c£50m to make this deal happen, and likely more if the Stadium is going back to the Club as part of the deal.

It said on bbc sport the other day the admins wanted 50 million to cover creditors 

9 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Does anybody actually hand on heart think we'll have a preferred bidder today?

Not committing either way, but I think that something has clearly moved forward behind the scenes. We've gone from "imminently"/"soon"/etc to a definite date "by tomorrow".  If we put to one side options like the admins are lying to Rooney, Rooney is making it up, or anything along those lines, then they clearly were under the impression that they would have a preferred bidder in place today. That at least indicates that the club is in a position where someone could buy it, it's not beyond saving.

3 minutes ago, TheSlate said:

Sold Rick Parry some paint on FB marketplace this morning and he said that they had a late night brainstorming session to curtail any positive progress. Said Steve Gibson sent them a pizza. 

Oh come on, You're just Glossing over things now