Will Derby cash in on Bird and Knight

Curtains

As heartbreaking as it is to lose all this young talent, we have to do anything we can to secure the one and only goal at the moment....

Survival of the club.

Whether you trust Rooney, the Administrators, Kirchner, Rammie or anyone else, we are powerless to do anything about it. So, as difficult as it is - and believe me, I'm struggling - we just have to sit patiently by and hope that those who do have some say in the matter secure the best possible deal for the football club to exist, in the first instance, and then to move forward.

Derby County is what matters here. ?

35 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

The top 4 in that list won't be playing in league one as they are out of contract. In the summer they are free to join whatever club they wish, within reason.

I don't see why they would want to leave in January and I don't see why we would sell. The administrators have confirmed they have secured short term funding to keep the club going and expect a new owner in place by the end of January.

Yes i know they are out of contract - that is why i posted the list of players whose contracts expire in the summer.

So you think its a better idea to just let them leave for nothing in the summer? I wouldnt accept offers that are ludicrously low, but if we get anything even remotely reasonable we should be accepting immediately. We're going to be in league 1 next season regardless of whether these players are here or not. There is no point wasting money on their wages especially if they arent going to be here anyway. May as well sell them now if we can, get some cash in from that and save a hefty amount on the wage bill as well.

6 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Yes i know they are out of contract - that is why i posted the list of players whose contracts expire in the summer.

So you think its a better idea to just let them leave for nothing in the summer? I wouldnt accept offers that are ludicrously low, but if we get anything even remotely reasonable we should be accepting immediately. We're going to be in league 1 next season regardless of whether these players are here or not. There is no point wasting money on their wages especially if they arent going to be here anyway. May as well sell them now if we can, get some cash in from that and save a hefty amount on the wage bill as well.

No point playing players who receive appearance money or clean sheet bonuses either then 

6 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

But the Hmrc will get nothing at all if we sell our best players for next to nothing. That will put off the buyers and then Msd will cash in , our football creditors paid and Hmrc get nothing. 

You also tend not to get all the money up front and let’s not forget the first bill paid is the administrators fees ! 

The first thing they will doing in January if the sale is at the end of the month is taking no risks on capital till the end of the season.  That means ensuring there costs and costs of the club till June can be covered, as to keep taking out loans is not possible.   That may mean letting  high earners leave on frees to save large sums on wages but cashing in on some youngsters at probably 50% or less is really pretty inevitable.  If the administrator gets offers for players and turns them down, they would need great grounds to advise why they've turned down 10 million pounds in offers when millions are owed.  They won't be interested in lets wait till this deals over the line in a few weeks and we can sell this guy and give you more in the summer. They think give these 5 players a free and that frees up 80k a week for you to start paying some liability. They need to be in a position to have a non refundable sum in place by the end of December to have any chance of that not happening.   

4 hours ago, Gritstone Tup said:

No one knows if Chris Kirchener is genuine, the new owner in by end of January is just pie in the sky. Things are moving on, meeting financial deadlines set by hmrc, creditors and administrators. If CK genuinely had money to burn he’d just pay off hmrc and get started, sooner the better.

I'm gonna take a wild guess that Chris Kirchner won't be paying off HMRC until he owns the club. As things stand, he's not even been named as the preferred bidder yet. ?‍♀️

I see Joz and Bielik going .. so much owed on them and high wages. It’s your car being repossessed. Don’t make the payments .. it’s going to happen ! 

The Bird / Knight one is going to interesting. Wonderful players of value, money will help the cash flow but with the market as it is I won’t be expecting but much unless it’s a prem club wanting to fill their U23’s 

We might think they are worth 5 million each but I’d be surprised if it’s even half that these days. Tragic because of their youth/ potential

If a preferred bidder is named this month as the administrators are currently saying, we probably won’t sell anyone as didn’t they say part of the process of being named preferred bidder was putting down a sizeable amount of finance. Therefore the new owner would likely be covering costs ahead of the sale. If we’re in that position then if we do decide to sell anyone we will get fair market value.

If no preferred bidder is named and this drifts into January then potentially decisions will need to be made, I’m sure the administrators said we have enough finance to cover January, they will also explore other options, any decision on selling players will probably be left to the last week of the window. 

In reality the administrators have probably got until 3rd week in January to named a preferred bidder before any player sales are enforced. 

10 hours ago, ram59 said:

I thought that the cap was deemed illegal and was scrapped?

Realistically, we'll have to sell any marketable players in January, who's contracts are expiring at the end of the season, unless we can get them to sign new contracts.

I thought the original individual cap had been replaced by a collective cap in that you can’t pay more than something like 70% of your income on players wages.

50 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I thought the original individual cap had been replaced by a collective cap in that you can’t pay more than something like 70% of your income on players wages.

I don’t think we will. Our player wage bill is already down to £12 million and we have 17 players out of contract in the summer including some of our higher earners. 

I would expect our revenue even in League one to be around £15 million or so . So the wage cap if that is how it works should not be a problem I think. 

of course Efl may apply further restrictions as part of our business plan. 

7 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I don’t think we will. Our player wage bill is already down to £12 million and we have 17 players out of contract in the summer including some of our higher earners. 

I would expect our revenue even in League one to be around £15 million or so . So the wage cap if that is how it works should not be a problem I think. 

of course Efl may apply further restrictions as part of our business plan. 

Not a problem with our current squad but the post I was replying to suggested a “substantial reinvestment on the playing side” which would no doubt be accompanied by higher wages than we’re paying now.

5 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

This was always in place

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/scmp.php

but the EFL tried to bring in more stringent salary caps bjt it was withdrawn after the threat of arbitration from the PFA

https://www.blasermills.co.uk/insights/article/the-efl-withdraws-salary-caps-on-league-one-and-two/

True but it still essentially restricts the amount you can pay in players wages albeit collectively rather than individually. Therefore, even if they wanted to, a new owner can’t just splash the cash.