Blackpool (H) Matchday Thread

Inverurie Ram

I don’t think he’s the man for the long term, but full credit to Rooney for today in making the best of a difficult situation, a COVID outbreak.

He got his calls right today and we got a much needed result and some of our younger players got some precious exposure to first team football.

Plange scored and Williams started. Jozwiak at wing back had some influence and the back three kept a clean sheet.

The challenge now is for Rooney and the players to back it up.

However, will that be possible? We don’t know how long the missing players will be out for, which will stretch the squad. We also have a tough run coming up too.

I don’t think today was lift off but hopefully it will encourage us and we’ll see 2-3 battling results in the coming games and some more pride on show.

2 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I don’t think he’s the man for the long term, but full credit to Rooney for today in making the best of a difficult situation, a COVID outbreak.

He got his calls right today and we got a much needed result and some of our younger players got some precious exposure to first team football.

Plange scored and Williams started. Jozwiak at wing back had some influence and the back three kept a clean sheet.

However, will that be possible? We don’t know how long the missing players will be out for, which will stretch the squad. We also have a tough run coming up too.

I don’t think today was lift off but hopefully it will encourage us and we’ll see 2-3 battling results in the coming games and some more pride on show.

I would assume the players will be back next week. Unless there is a genuine illness. 

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I would assume the players will be back next week. Unless there is a genuine illness. 

Let’s hope that’s the case and they only miss one game, but these rules are hard to keep up with.

Edited by Jourdan

57 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

You do know we won the game don’t you mate?  I had a double take when I saw you’d posted post match? ?

That was a very satisfying performance, especially as we had two players who could play up front and we played them bothe up there! That is a first!

As someone has said, there were no passengers today, with everyone putting  shift in. Stand out for me was Max Bird, who gets better with every match. I was also very impressed with Luke Plange, not only for his goal, but his all round play was excellent, including his defensive work, as it looked like it was a natural part of his game, rather than something he had been told to do.

The only downsides were Fozzy, who although he did some good stuff, he also "liabilitied" too many times today, but thankfully got away with it. And Jagielka, who has brought a stability to the defence we had been lacking. his positioning and reading of the game is great, but far too many times when he gets the ball he simply has to kick it, or head it "somewhere", especially when he has the time to fetch ball down and start a move. instead the ball just loops to the opposition. It was good to see Joswiack having a good match, and his excursion into the area, although ill advised, only became a problem because he was fouled as he was about to turn away from the striker. The shirt pull twisted Kamil's body nearly 90 degrees. As ever, the ref did nothing. I had wondered what the EFL penalty is for fielding 12 players, because it looked like Blackpool had done it today. But the reality was that it seemed pretty much as though this was the first football match the ref had ever been to, because he gave a load of really dodgy decisions in our favour, although he was ridiculously trigger happy with his cards for Joswiack and Lawrence. OH well, it is what it is, and me shouting loudly at the officials actually changes nothing! They still deserve it though!

Today was encouraging because we were able to up the pace in the second half, and we played some really good football at times. There was nothing thrilling or scintillating, but the right score at the end of the 90+

Just back, Deserved win against a surprisingly poor Blackpool side. Looked like it might be a good game for the first 20 mins, but became scrappy with all the stoppages.  A big shout out to the Blackpool fans who turned up in good numbers and were class in their support of our plight. Loved the banner!

Of course we were made to play, average first half second half much better, joz deserved that to of gone in but glad Plange got a goal on his debut, thought he was very good, was nice having an out and out striker on the pitch! Good win! 

Also thought the referee and linesman were shocking! 

Given all the readjustments in the last 24/48 hours it was an outstanding three points, and full marks to Wayne and the coaching team for switching the formation and getting everyone ready.  A real victory for hard work and commitment. 

Pretty boring game til we scored, then we looked decent. Never looked like conceding. Blackpool were pretty poor, but shout out to their supporters who travelled in numbers and know what we're going through. 

Like the look of Plange, very good movement.