Bristol City follower here with the local info for saturdays game

infoman

Hope as many of you can make the trip Bristol on 4th december

Although I understand that 1,700 odd tickets have been sold in advance and there will be no pay on the day(AND THIS WILL NOT BE CHANGED)

Just been checking the Derby county away following in 2017/18 season and it was 1,512

Match day programmes will be on line only and I am lead to understand they will be FREE to look at on line for match day ticket holders

Parking is normally in the streets around the area as long as you are there by 1pm please don't block drive ways or park on corners.

COMING BY ROAD

Head to avonmouth junction 18 on the M5 and follow the route A4 Bristol Airport along what is known as the Portway under the Clifton suspension bridge and the ground will appear in the distance

It looks the long way round,but its quicker than trying to fight your way through the streets of central Bristol

TRAINS

If you are coming down by train,an appeal to purchase the tickets to PARSON STREET station.Its the same price and it gives us(Bristol City) ammunition to get better facilities for the official train station for Ashton gate until we get a new train station opened nearer to ashton gate

Train time are XX:27 past the hour which takes you two thirds of the way to the ground and then walk the rest of the way ,although there is a 13:56 departure from Parson Street which is good arrival time for the train from the North of England at 13:40pm

On the return its a good time from Parson Street at 17:25pm

On your way to the ground we have our statue of John Atyeo in the home section at the Winterstoke Road end

Casualty and Holby City were filmed in the City don't ask me about either of the programmes cos I think their both rubbish

The young ones was also filmed in the BS7 area of the City(actually its Bishopston)

Finally the block of flats on the left behind the dolman stand side as you are in the away end is "the" block of flats in "fools and horses"

Bring your camera and turn up early if you want to take any photo's

Pubs possibly best one are in the cumberland road basin area novia scotia pump house and the cottage.

suggest park your car and then walk to the ground.

Harbourside area of the central area is very good

BBC Radio station is radio Bristol which has frequencies and 94:9 and DAB (and 95:5 up till 3pm),

with full match day commentary on BBC radio Bristol which should be on 94:9(if not it will be on Bristol DAB

Bristol seems have become the English Hollywood with recent dramas filmed in the City being

The outlaws Showtrial, The Girl Before and Chloe and The Long Call

Please circulate to other football sites you deem necessary

If you need any further info ask away and I don't bite

Don't get the train to Parson Street, it's a long trek to and from the ground with no pubs or anything of interest on the way. You may as well walk from Bristol Temple Meads and take advantage of some of the good pubs on the way. Or get a taxi to the harbourside if you're in a hurry. 

Edited by DenbyRam

5 hours ago, infoman said:

Although I understand that 1,700 odd tickets have been sold in advance and there will be no pay on the day(AND THIS WILL NOT BE CHANGED)

Just been checking the Derby county away following in 2017/18 season and it was 1,512

Match day programmes will be on line only and I am lead to understand they will be FREE to look at on line for match day ticket holders

Parking is normally in the streets around the area as long as you are there by 1pm please don't block drive ways or park on corners.

COMING BY ROAD

Head to avonmouth junction 18 on the M5 and follow the route A4 Bristol Airport along what is known as the Portway under the Clifton suspension bridge and the ground will appear in the distance

It looks the long way round,but its quicker than trying to fight your way through the streets of central Bristol

TRAINS

If you are coming down by train,an appeal to purchase the tickets to PARSON STREET station.Its the same price and it gives us(Bristol City) ammunition to get better facilities for the official train station for Ashton gate until we get a new train station opened nearer to ashton gate

Train time are XX:27 past the hour which takes you two thirds of the way to the ground and then walk the rest of the way ,although there is a 13:56 departure from Parson Street which is good arrival time for the train from the North of England at 13:40pm

On your way to the ground we have our statue of John Atyeo in the home section at the Winterstoke Road end

Casualty and Holby City were filmed in the City don't ask me about either of the programmes cos I think their both rubbish

The young ones was also filmed in the BS7 area of the City(actually its Bishopston)

Finally the block of flats on the left behind the dolman stand side as you are in the away end is "the" block of flats in "fools and horses"

Pubs possibly best one are in the cumberland road basin area novia scotia pump house and the cottage.

BBC Radio station is radio Bristol which has frequencies and 94:9 and DAB (and 95:5 up till 3pm),

with full match day commentary on BBC radio Bristol which should be on 94:9(if not it will be on Bristol DAB

Bristol seems have become the English Hollywood with recent dramas filmed in the City being

...haven't you thrown it in the dockside yet? ?

5 hours ago, infoman said:

COMING BY ROAD

TRAINS

Great info thanks. Bristol is my Almer Mater; beautiful city; rich history...Georgian Clifton, the Downs, the tardis on the Downs where we used to change for football, DJ Derek, the Georgian House, the Suspension Bridge, the immortal "Bristols" for my 2nd favourite part of the female anatomy, St Paul's Festival, the kite festival, the balloon festival....jumpers for goalposts on the Downs...marvellous...isn't it...young Gigsy..mind that dog poo!... 

When I went I parked at Bedminster cricket club and can recommend that, clubhouse bar open as well I think. And I'd rather give parking money to a cricket club than ncp or a council.

Bristol Parkway is a timezone away from where you need to go.

If you want to view a horrific vision of a nightmarish distopia of pain and suffering, go for a tour of Aztec West Business park, just off the m4/m5 junction (although you'd need to be trying to get out of it at 5.15pm for the full experience).

"Love" = "Duck"

The Clifton suspension bridge is very nice. Reminds me to bump the bridges thread.

There are some very hipster parts of Bristol and some very posh parts but most of its pretty ok.

Although, obviously, not as good as on the Celtic side of the bridge.

7 hours ago, infoman said:

COMING BY ROAD

TRAINS

...and of course, Banksy is from Bristol. 

38 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Stephen Merchant’s Outlaws which is currently on bbc i player is filmed in Bristol. Christopher walken’s character paints over an original Banksy painting in the last episode. On my way tomorrow for the weekend.

No point In watching it now. ?

Edited by hintonsboots

Sister and girlfriend live in Winterbourne (not the same person honest) nearby. Can’t make it this time. Saw our 2-3 defeat just prior to lockdown, need a second half from that for 90 mins not the first half please. Lots of Chris Martin loves no doubt before kick off and then a brace from the man including a dodgy dive to rub it in. Lovely jubilee Betting Bbc GIF

3 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

When I went I parked at Bedminster cricket club and can recommend that, clubhouse bar open as well I think. And I'd rather give parking money to a cricket club than ncp or a council.

Bristol Parkway is a timezone away from where you need to go.

If you want to view a horrific vision of a nightmarish distopia of pain and suffering, go for a tour of Aztec West Business park, just off the m4/m5 junction (although you'd need to be trying to get out of it at 5.15pm for the full experience).

"Love" = "Duck"

The Clifton suspension bridge is very nice. Reminds me to bump the bridges thread.

There are some very hipster parts of Bristol and some very posh parts but most of its pretty ok.

Although, obviously, not as good as on the Celtic side of the bridge.

Keep saying to myself that I will get the flag up on the Clifton Suspension Bridge one day!

31 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Sister and girlfriend live in Winterbourne (not the same person honest) nearby. Can’t make it this time. Saw our 2-3 defeat just prior to lockdown, need a second half from that for 90 mins not the first half please. Lots of Chris Martin loves no doubt before kick off and then a brace from the man including a dodgy dive to rub it in. Lovely jubilee Betting Bbc GIF

Do they live together and if so, any footage?