I think Derby can stay up

B4ev6is

The administators are level headed businessmen. We have a very slim chance of staying up with the squad we have and we have lost a further 1.2 million since going into administration.

When the transfer window opens the vultures will come hoping to pick up a few bargains. The priority will be reducing the wage bill and covering the existing losses. The squad we have now may look very different by the end of January.

Ironic really.......we seem to have a team to be proud of after all the millions wasted in the last 5/6 years!!!!

11 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

If we could replicate our form vs the top six against the rest we’d have a chance.

Unfortunately the results against the likes of Barnsley, Peterborough, Boro, Preston, Luton, Forest, Millwall and Brum has left a mountain to climb.

Those 8 games, a possible 24 points, saw us collect just 5 points. None of those sides will be top eight.

It’s frustrating. On Sky on Monday they had a graphic saying we’d dropped the most points from winning positions in the division. Imagine how different this would be if we’d got those extra 14 points: above Peterborough on level points and a vastly superior goal difference, and two points off safety. Grrr!

27 games remaining.

Logically all the teams below the top 2 are not as good as the top 2.

Against which we just got 4 points from 2 games.

Therefore, it might be possible to extrapolate that form going forward.

26 games (for ease of arithmetic) @ 4 points every 2 games = 52 points.

It does seem that the bottom 6 are really not very good this season, therefore some of them might not end up with much more than 30-40 points.

Theoretically, against all the odds, it IS doable.

These last two results are massive in their implications and change the picture entirely.

What's needed now is the same attitude when playing the lower teams, and absolute ruthlessness in pursuit of 3 points.

As I wrote previously, nothing to lose, might as well go for it!

COYR!

17 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Next up QPR at home after that Blackpool and then we got Bristol city away. I think we could get at least all 9 points from these games.

What could we get a most? ?

In all seriousness, it's good to be confident but we have to be realistic it's a hell of an ask but if we pull it off this team and Wayne will probably go down in Derby County history.

Edited by Retro_RAM

11 hours ago, sheffieldram said:

The administators are level headed businessmen. We have a very slim chance of staying up with the squad we have and we have lost a further 1.2 million since going into administration.

When the transfer window opens the vultures will come hoping to pick up a few bargains. The priority will be reducing the wage bill and covering the existing losses. The squad we have now may look very different by the end of January.

Ironic really.......we seem to have a team to be proud of after all the millions wasted in the last 5/6 years!!!!

I suppose it comes down to how confident they are about the takeover. those discussions with new owners might allow them to keep the doors to PP locked shut to vultures

11 hours ago, sheffieldram said:

We can't really start selling players as we'll have none left to complete the fixtures.

Edited by Rammy03

12 hours ago, sheffieldram said:

Both Rooney and Jackson have been pretty clear in saying there won’t be a fire sale. The priority will be staying up despite the shackles of business plan/ embargoes. 

There are only 4 teams in the league that have lost less games than we have. The 5 teams immediately above us have all lost twice as many matches than we have. We have the most draws in the league. We need to be able to convert those draws into wins.

The way we played the last 2 matches looks like we've been able to attack a bit more freely. I expect us to win quite a few games coming up and start to climb and get a glimmer of hope.

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

Until it's mathematically impossible there's a chance.  As @LondonRam2 pointed out our form hasn't been that bad at all.  Just frustrating draws like Luton & Preston have let us down.  Another 4 points from those two games and things would be looking a lot better.

I'll declare it now, but if we manage to stay up I will drive all the way to Middlesborough and stand outside The Riverside until I get to laugh right in Steve "I'm like this because my hair has always been crap" Gibson's face...

2 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Until it's mathematically impossible there's a chance.  As @LondonRam2 pointed out our form hasn't been that bad at all.  Just frustrating draws like Luton & Preston have let us down.  Another 4 points from those two games and things would be looking a lot better.

I'll declare it now, but if we manage to stay up I will drive all the way to Middlesborough and stand outside The Riverside until I get to laugh right in Steve "I'm like this because my hair has always been crap" Gibson's face...

I screen-shooted you.