I think Derby can stay up

B4ev6is

6 minutes ago, Ramley Apple said:

She finished singing weeks ago

It's laughable how blind some people are on here

I’m not sure people qualify as blind, maybe optimistic is a more appropriate word. However improbable it is that we will stay up, whilst still mathematically possible I suppose some people want to hold onto some hope. Plenty of bleakness in the world at large, nowt wrong with a tiny bit of hope even if it is unlikely. ? 

4 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I’m not sure people qualify as blind, maybe optimistic is a more appropriate word. However improbable it is that we will stay up, whilst still mathematically possible I suppose some people want to hold onto some hope. Plenty of bleakness in the world at large, nowt wrong with a tiny bit of hope even if it is unlikely. ? 

OK. Good luck with that.

11 minutes ago, Ramley Apple said:

None of us are blind to the fact that the chances of survival are remote in the extreme and seemingly diminishing as each week goes by but please show a bit more respect for those of us clinging to what little hope there is.

9 minutes ago, Ramley Apple said:

It's laughable you think I'm being anything other than simply optimistic. Let's hope the players don't give up, because that WOULD be fun, wouldn't it?

I'm sticking you on ignore now, because I'm not interested in what you have to say.

10 minutes ago, Ramley Apple said:

OK. Good luck with that.

Good luck with what? Optimism? ? I’m realistic that we stand barely any chance of staying up, I just don’t see the harm in wanting it to happen whilst it is still mathematically possible. If you don’t think it’ll happen that’s your view on it and one you’re entitled to, just not sure what there is to gain from claiming people are “blind” for wanting the team to stay up? ??‍♂️ 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

4 minutes ago, Ramley Apple said:

If you want to indulge yourself with silly fantasies about us getting enough points to remain in this league then fine. You do you. But I think ultimately that's self-defeating.

I hope whoever is still running things at the club is rather more perspicacious.

Thank you for educating me, what an excellent word. I share the sentiment with regards to whoever runs the club. 
As a humble fan I shall carry on my perfectly grounded, far from mentally unbalanced view that the club and team I support (pop that one in t’dictionary) can still mathematically retain its position within the championship, and that due to the points deductions imposed on the club along with the limited options of our playing squad, that outcome is highly unlikely. Yet whilst it may be improbable, I still want it to happen as I stand to defeat nothing in myself in doing so. If and when we do go down I’ll accept that too. Life’s too short.

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Thank you for educating me, what an excellent word. I share the sentiment with regards to whoever runs the club. 
As a humble fan I shall carry on my perfectly grounded, far from mentally unbalanced view that the club and team I support (pop that one in t’dictionary) can still mathematically retain its position within the championship, and that due to the points deductions imposed on the club along with the limited options of our playing squad, that outcome is highly unlikely. Yet whilst it may be improbable, I still want it to happen as I stand to defeat nothing in myself in doing so. If and when we do go down I’ll accept that too. Life’s too short.

Fine. Like I said, you do you.

19 minutes ago, Ramley Apple said:

If you want to indulge yourself with silly fantasies about us getting enough points to remain in this league then fine. You do you. But I think ultimately that's self-defeating.

I hope whoever is still running things at the club is rather more perspicacious.

I want the new owners, management and players to believe that whilst ever it’s still mathematically possible then there is a chance, however remote, that we will stay up even if, deep down, they know it’s very unlikely to happen. I think the vast majority of us fans feel that way which I’m not sure you’ve grasped.

12 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I want the new owners, management and players to believe that whilst ever it’s still mathematically possible then there is a chance, however remote, that we will stay up even if, deep down, they know it’s very unlikely to happen. I think the vast majority of us fans feel that way which I’m not sure you’ve grasped.

There are many things in life which are mathematically possible but are also so unlikely as to make anyone believing they will happen rightly subject to ridicule.

If you want to believe we can stay up then as I've said, fine that's up to you. But I think that's pure fantasy personally. What I want the club to be focusing on is life in League One next season because barring a miracle that's where we will be. And we need to make sure we shore up because it's not beyond the realms of possibility we could slip further down into League Two with all of these sanctions.

I'm not anti-hope, it's just that pragmatism is more helpful at this point.

Edited by Ramley Apple