I think Derby can stay up

B4ev6is

No idea why it's important for fans to be 'pragmatic' in accepting relegation. We don't run the club. When fans talk of 'believing' in incredibly unlikely things, they are often expressing hope rather than _literally_ claiming they think the unlikely thing will happen. And sometimes that hope is important to them, and it doesn't affect me, and it doesn't affect the club - unless we think the administrators (we are in administration, by the way) set their strategy according to this message board? That they are swayed by emotion? 

Do I think we will be relegated? Of course; I'm pretty much certain of it. But it's not my business to go round stamping out tiny flames of hope. 

Edited by vonwright

7 minutes ago, Ramley Apple said:

Any update on this?

Don't think you really need anyone to state the obvious do you?

Set the team up like today regularly and even without the -21 we are likely to be bottom 3, they were one of the out of form teams we we're hoping to haul in!

I think it's all about pride, finish so we wouldn't be bottom 3 without the points deduction is all I ask.

Edited by Rich84
Typo

We've just got to keep playing with no fear and see what happens.

Don't think about the 20 point gap to safety. We need to finish the season on 45 points. We currently have 1.

If Hull can go on a 4 game winning streak then so can we. That's what we need to happen. We also need a lot of luck.

It is possible. Extremely unlikely but we won't give up until mathematically it's done.

1 hour ago, Ramley Apple said:

Any update on this?

Still mathematically possible for us to stay up, feels less and less probable with each game that passes. If we carry on this way it will then become mathematically impossible for us to stay up and you can smugly say “I told you so” for whatever strange reason it is you seem so keen to spite the same fan base you allegedly form a part of.

7 hours ago, Ramley Apple said:

Any update on this?

Latest statement from the club:

"After the recent defeat away to Bristol City, it is looking ever more likely that DCFC will be relegated to League 1 by the end of the season, and ever more likely that @Ramley Apple will be crowned the dcfcfans poster of the season, due to his extended knowledge, wisdom, and unceasing realism.  We would like to go on record to thank @Ramley Apple for his continued and questionable support throughout this difficult time, and only wish that more of our fans had the same realistic outlook, if only to put to bed these ridiculous dreams of survival that has poisoned the club thus far this season.  Perhaps now, those fans will sit quietly and despondently for the remainder of this season's games, and let us just get on with confirming our relegation at the very earliest opportunity".

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/49/e6/76/49e676262d7097eefa7ef2d6c6827941.gif