Darren Wassall

I don't which side of the argument this falls, but we only got a relative pittance for Delap and Gordon. Had those two signed professional contracts with the club, it would have added significantly to the incoming money for the academy.

Bellingham signed a professional contract for Birmingham on his 17th birthday and Blues sold him for £25 the following day. I'm sure that if the likes of Man City and Liverpool were interested in a player, then his true value would be significant.

9 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Also .. how far back is a lucky streak

jenas , dawson , reid 

wes morgan (forgot him) 

lascelles darlow 

osbourn, cash brereton , burke, 

Thats some time frame 

Theres a title winner,  2 england internationals, a rep ireland, chilie international (yes i know madness)

More than one has made it 

Patrick Bamford. Another England International.

19 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

When/if we get new owners, can you reinstall Daz back into the fine job he was doing. It should be somewhere near, the top of the to-do list. 

He is still in it. He's just not a director any more. I think this was probably done to protect him from the fallout of going into administration. 

It's been 13 years since the EPPP (Elite Player Performance Plan) was put into place.

When you look at Kellyman yesterday, he's been at the club since the age of 7. That's 9 years and only 4 years into the EPPP. The players we now bring through and others that are coming through show you that the DCFC Cat1 academy is working but things don't happen overnight. You have to wait for the players to mature. 

This IMO is one of the reasons any new owner coming in is so keen to get hold of the club, because the foundations are solid to kick on and it's not going to take much to move us forward. 

We compete at most levels in the academy, we just need to be top half Championship or Premier League to really see it working. But any talk of it's not working or we should scrap it are ridiculous. 

On 21/11/2021 at 17:01, Bris Vegas said:

An academy is all good when you’re a Premier League side and you can afford it, all the while sending the best talent out to the Championship for experience.

You’re also protected against fellow PL sides stealing your best players.

But in the Championship and below I just don’t see how it’s financially worth it.

Put it this way, if we were in the PL and had Knight, Bird, Sibley and Buchanan come through and we loaned them out to stable Championship clubs, they’d arguably progress more while having a far higher value.

Unless you get lucky with a Jude Bellingham (signed to a pro contract) every few years, an academy is just a financial burden. You can get better value for money just using the academy expense to sign players to develop for the first team.

Bored To Death Yawn GIF by Rose McGowan

On 22/11/2021 at 10:16, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

It's been 13 years since the EPPP (Elite Player Performance Plan) was put into place.

When you look at Kellyman yesterday, he's been at the club since the age of 7. That's 9 years and only 4 years into the EPPP. The players we now bring through and others that are coming through show you that the DCFC Cat1 academy is working but things don't happen overnight. You have to wait for the players to mature. 

This IMO is one of the reasons any new owner coming in is so keen to get hold of the club, because the foundations are solid to kick on and it's not going to take much to move us forward. 

We compete at most levels in the academy, we just need to be top half Championship or Premier League to really see it working. But any talk of it's not working or we should scrap it are ridiculous. 

This is the most sensible response here.

The academy is a long term project, you can't just go and scrap it because it's not produced the next England captain in the few years we've had a Category 1 status academy.

I've found myself looking out for more of the youth team results the last few years, mainly because there is some exciting talent coming through (maybe not to the high standards certain posters are expecting just yet), but also because we are competitive against the big teams at this level and the standard has been better than some of the first team scraps at the bottom of the table recently.

There are a lot of players starting to come through, that hopefully now we have the restrictive embargo lifted a bit, we can use or loan out to get some experience to help them develop further.

Feel free to find bookmark this post and mock me if we haven't made some strong sales or got some high quality players established in our first team that have come through the academy in another 3 or 4 years.

Ebosele, Thompson and Watson have joined the first team setup this season/back end of last season. Tyree Wilson, Aghatise and Cashin all not too far away from first team duties IMO. Then in the younger age brackets there are more names to look out for: Sam Sebagabo, Omari Kellyman, Cian Kelly Caprani, Ola Ibrahim, Eze, Darren Robinson and Malcolm Ebiowei.

Get excited about the youth teams, they're some great kids trying to make it in a cut throat profession and DCFC is a great place for them to be learning their trade and progressing.