Let's make Sunday "Duck the EFL day".

Rev

6 hours ago, Shipley Ram said:

Perhaps we should go, congragate at the player and official enterance from noon, cheer the boys in to show our support, politely express our dissapointment at Mr Gibson, then go to the pub instead of the game.

I would not politely he is total utter banker.

6 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

The war is already lost and even if it wasn’t, protest songs/chants from the fans wouldn’t change anything. So, let’s just concentrate on supporting the team.

Why should they think that they can do this and cruel back under a rock were they came from.

On 16/11/2021 at 10:37, Rev said:

Live on Sky in front of the nation, let's have 90 minutes of the above chant loud and clear. 

I wanna see it scrawled on bedsheets and T-shirts, maybe get the kids involved to come up with creative banners.

Maybe get Rooney to scribble it on his clipboard too.

Yeah. It’s the EFL’s fault we spu*^ money away left, right and centre. Jesus wept.

8 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Why should they think that they can do this and cruel back under a rock were they came from.

Because they can and they have.

Sorry B4, whether we think we’ve been badly treated or got what we deserve, it’s irrelevant now and no amount of protesting is going to change anything. I’d much prefer it if any songs, banners, demonstrations etc were purely focused on supporting the team and showing our loyalty and solidarity rather that aimed at either the EFL or Mel.

Public defamation of the EFL by the fans, at a time when our club need as much positivity as possible will only backfire in my opinion.  Don't get me wrong, I'd like to get banner fly-bys calling the EFL all sorts of things, but it achieves nothing whilst they sit in their smug ivory towers accountable to no-one but themselves.  The only way they'll be held to account (but not guaranteed) is through an independent review.  

If anything, any public display by Derby, and more so its fans, needs to be seen as something to be proud of, which will only further reassure buyers they are buying into something special.  Many of us sit here spouting how Rooney is something special to sit there week after week, publicly saying he'll not quit, that he'll focus on taking the team forward, keep working hard. That's exactly what fans should do.  We are a big part of the public face of this club from which many will judge us. 

I'm sure Rooney sits there behind closed doors swearing and cursing about how things have been handled. But you don't and won't see it. The same should be said of us. 

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Because they can and they have.

Sorry B4, whether we think we’ve been badly treated or got what we deserve, it’s irrelevant now and no amount of protesting is going to change anything. I’d much prefer it if any songs, banners, demonstrations etc were purely focused on supporting the team and showing our loyalty and solidarity rather that aimed at either the EFL or Mel.

Any protests will not change the result of the disciplinary action. But anyone who thinks our troubles with Efl are over is being very optimistic. 

And longer term there is an urgent need to reform and the Efl needs to be stripped of its regulatory powers. It is not fit for purpose.

Edited by PistoldPete

6 minutes ago, Rampant said:

The main aim should be to support the team. That should be paramount. That said, I hope to hear plenty of anti-Morris chants. His silence is deafening and insulting.

So you don’t think he should write off the money he is owed. Or sell PPS at a discount to help with sale of club? An anti Morris chant right now would seem very bad timing.

47 minutes ago, Rampant said:

The main aim should be to support the team. That should be paramount. That said, I hope to hear plenty of anti-Morris chants. His silence is deafening and insulting.

Yes but we have no idea what his involvement has been in the negotiations.

I think in general he has tried to help Derby County but his judgment has been flawed in many areas. Doesn’t mean the current position doesn’t hurt him or that he isn’t trying to help.

There’s too much hatred circulating at the moment.

Let’s use our energy to support the team. Every game is an end of season party!

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Any protests will not change the result of the disciplinary action. But anyone who thinks our troubles with Efl are over is being very optimistic. 

And longer term there is an urgent need to reform and the Efl needs to be stripped of its regulatory powers. It is not fit for purpose.

You may be right but what makes you say that (other than the additional 3 points suspended which, let’s face it, is probably irrelevant as it would be applied this year) unless you’re talking generally rather than Derby County specific?

In any event, protests, songs about the EFL and banners aren’t going to change that either.

3 hours ago, BucksRam said:

Public defamation of the EFL by the fans, at a time when our club need as much positivity as possible will only backfire in my opinion.  Don't get me wrong, I'd like to get banner fly-bys calling the EFL all sorts of things, but it achieves nothing whilst they sit in their smug ivory towers accountable to no-one but themselves.  The only way they'll be held to account (but not guaranteed) is through an independent review.  

If anything, any public display by Derby, and more so its fans, needs to be seen as something to be proud of, which will only further reassure buyers they are buying into something special.  Many of us sit here spouting how Rooney is something special to sit there week after week, publicly saying he'll not quit, that he'll focus on taking the team forward, keep working hard. That's exactly what fans should do.  We are a big part of the public face of this club from which many will judge us. 

I'm sure Rooney sits there behind closed doors swearing and cursing about how things have been handled. But you don't and won't see it. The same should be said of us. 

Well said! ?

15 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

You may be right but what makes you say that (other than the additional 3 points suspended which, let’s face it, is probably irrelevant as it would be applied this year) unless you’re talking generally rather than Derby County specific?

In any event, protests, songs about the EFL and banners aren’t going to change that either.

The business plan. The takeover. And what happens after that? 

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

So you don’t think he should write off the money he is owed. Or sell PPS at a discount to help with sale of club? An anti Morris chant right now would seem very bad timing.

Well I am all for letting Morris know what I think of him, and the damage he has done to our club. I would love it, absolutely love it, if in the next 2 years our new owners built us another stadium, and PPS was left as an empty shell by way of legacy.

Kim Tate Eye Roll GIF by Emmerdale

31 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

The business plan. The takeover. And what happens after that? 

I thought, if we fail to stick to the business plan then we’ll incur the extra 3 point deduction I referred to (maybe I’ve got that wrong) and if the takeover doesn’t happen then surely we’ve got bigger problems than what the EFL might charge us with.

38 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I thought, if we fail to stick to the business plan then we’ll incur the extra 3 point deduction I referred to (maybe I’ve got that wrong) and if the takeover doesn’t happen then surely we’ve got bigger problems than what the EFL might charge us with.

We don't know what the business plan is yet..this 2021-22 plan is specific to this season and tied to the FFP breaches.