Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

35 minutes ago, Bobby said:

Okay thanks for the reply, I’m not here to be confrontational, been reading this site for a fair few years (along with most championship sites ) and quite recently have seen QPR mentioned a few times. Not that it helps any I don’t think any team should be suing another. 
I still have nightmares about QPR’s administration and relegation to the third tier in 2001, we had 5 registered players at the start of the following season, had a total rebuild and after 3 seasons got back into the championship.

I can still remember our “rich owners” stitching Derby up with exorbitant ticket prices as you’d just been relegated and deemed to be a category A game.

many of us weren’t happy when Tony Fernandes started buying players we couldn’t afford as if they were panini stickers and I think the other clubs are right to be ducked off with the way our club went.

it’s taken a few years but we are now doing things correctly and are just starting to reap the rewards. However I expect if we don’t go up this year then our young starts will be sold and we’ll have to start the cycle again.

Hope you get a new owner (pay HMRC off) and become competitive again.

merry Christmas to you all.

Thanks I wouldn't want us to sue another club, but the behaviour of Boro and wycombe in pursuing claims against us that have way less merit than we would have against QPR is really sickening.

In our position it just feels like we are being blackmailed, pay up or we will delay a takeover which will cost us a fortune in administrators and solicitor fees and maybe even our club.

16 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I was there too, But can't remember seeing either of you 2 there...the day of the Bradford Fire Disaster

?

Surely that can't be true. I remember we were playing at home the day of the Bradford fire and being told about it when I got home. Or maybe I've got my memory in a twist along with my knickers.

15 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Surely that can't be true. I remember we were playing at home the day of the Bradford fire and being told about it when I got home. Or maybe I've got my memory in a twist along with my knickers.

Take your time and untwist those knickers.

May 11th 1985 Newport 1 Derby 3

May 11th 1985 Bradford Fire disaster

We stopped off in Worcester on the way back and we'd heard about the fire, Slowly as the night got longer the deaths were mounting, It wasn't until the Sunday Morning when I got up that the true extent unfolded ?

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I was there too, But can't remember seeing either of you 2 there...the day of the Bradford Fire Disaster

?

Just checked - it was '86. 1-1 - Christie. I didn't go in '85 - I saw the Bradford fire on the news.

Edited by Eddie

51 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

You keep telling yourself that. Fact is you cheated and cost us promotion. At least you did if we cost Boro by the same yardstick. 

Boro would never have beaten Leeds or Villa, even if they had finished ahead of us. We lost to QPR in a one off match, with very fine margins. Plus QPR 's act was deliberate flouting the rules.  As far as we knew we were within the rules. In fact, I still think we were.  

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

You keep telling yourself that. Fact is you cheated and cost us promotion. At least you did if we cost Boro by the same yardstick. 

As we didn’t finish in a promotion place we didn’t cost you promotion, we beat you in a one off game that any other day you probably would have won on chances created.

In 7 games through March into April of the 2018/19 season Middlesborough lost 6 games in a row and drew one.

If they want to sue anyone they should sue themselves for picking up just 1 point out of a possible 21 during this period and they fell short of sixth place by one point plus our goal difference was better.

Apart from that are they saying that if they had reached the play-offs they would definately have won the semi and the final.

Can anyone really take their claims seriously???

Just now, sheffieldram said:

In 7 games through March into April of the 2018/19 season Middlesborough lost 6 games in a row and drew one.

If they want to sue anyone they should sue themselves for picking up just 1 point out of a possible 21 during this period and they fell short of sixth place by one point plus our goal difference was better.

Apart from that are they saying that if they had reached the play-offs they would definately have won the semi and the final.

Can anyone really take their claims seriously???

Against a relegated team on the last day.  I have a feeling that he might be trying this ruse to get some cash he can use against his own impending FFP cluster.  

1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

you seem to have discounted the possibility that administrators may have their own reasons for extending the process (clue for you...they get paid by the hour).

That's probably against the rules of some regulatory body.

Consequently, we'll face another points deduction for staying in administration longer than necessary for "accounting reasons".

4 hours ago, IslandExile said:

That's probably against the rules of some regulatory body.

Consequently, we'll face another points deduction for staying in administration longer than necessary for "accounting reasons".

To clarify I'm not suggesting the administrators are deliberately stringing it out. They may well believe in good faith they need to resolve everything but my belief is that them trying to manage a situation that appears unresolvable & is spurious at best, is adding unecessary expense to the process & that this needs capping. Given they will receive recompense for the process being longer, I dont believe they are necessarily the best judge of when that needs capping. Granted, that call is subjective.

This is why I believe the parasites have submitted their claims now & not whilst Morris was in charge, when they'd have got short shrift.