Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

I wonder what will happen to the trophies we have like the old First Division trophies and the Fa Cup if we become Liquidated? 

I was joking to my mate on the phone yesterday that Mel Morris probably owns them and is planning on selling them to the local smelters to get some money to pay some off some of what he has lost from running the club. 

5 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

According to the gov.uk site it’s the date of the insolvency that matters, not the date the debt is incurred. Don’t think there is a limit on the preferred amount - it seems to cover all of the following :

Value Added Tax (VAT)

Pay As You Earn (PAYE) Income Tax

employee National Insurance contributions (NICs)

plus a few other things that aren’t relevant to a football club 

But not employer Ni? 

14 hours ago, Crewton said:

There's a benefit to a prospective buyer who completes in January : no fire sale, extend contracts of valued youngsters and suddenly a squad valued at £10m top whack becomes potentially worth 4-5 times that.

I hope at least one of the interested parties is thinking creatively. 

So you think the youngsters,who everyone is lauding over and saying what exciting players they are,eg. Bird,Knight and a couple of others will want to drop down a league. Other clubs in the Championship and possibly the PL will show an interest and they will be off and who could blame them.

4 hours ago, TheSlate said:

No. Different times. 

Got the wrong person. According to Morris when interviewed by BBC about administration there was an agreed deal with money paid in September 2019 which fell apart in Jan 2020 with the EFLs charges about the stadium. The purchaser was not named 

2 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Yes he does have a very nice house in Sandbanks and I understand what you are saying but we are talking about if he still has significant millions (cash or readily disposable assets) for the club. I'm doubtful. 

If i saw him selling the Big Issue i still wouldn't believe he is skint.

3 hours ago, Crewton said:

No, I think the players registrations, certainly those under 24, revert to the EFL in the case of liquidation, and they ensure that any clubs signing them pay compensation for them, which the EFL then distribute to (wait for it).... FOOTBALL CREDITORS! It's paid pro-rata p/£ according to the relative amounts owing. 

Which is very interesting as I don’t think HMRC count as a football creditor (?) .. so in that case my guess is that it must be in the HMRC’s interest to see someone buy us for something … otherwise on liquidation they may end up with some hats, scarves and shirts along with the contents of the trophy room and some printer cartridges. 

22 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

So you think the youngsters,who everyone is lauding over and saying what exciting players they are,eg. Bird,Knight and a couple of others will want to drop down a league. Other clubs in the Championship and possibly the PL will show an interest and they will be off and who could blame them.

Why don't you ask me what I think, instead of presuming? 

FWIW, I've no idea what the attitude of any player will be if there's interest from other clubs, but clearly their value to DCFC depends on length of contract remaining, their attitude towards remaining at the club and the level of competition for their signature. A new owner may be able to convince them to stick around, but I don't expect illogical loyalty from any of them, even though deserting a sinking ship isn't the noblest of actions. Any that do show such loyalty will have my undying admiration. 

Can’t see that this has been posted, slightly more positive perspective reported by sky. Though there’s not really anything new in the story it includes quotes from the administrators saying progress is being made and they “hope” the club will be sold by the end of Jan. https://www.skysports.com/share/12485472

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

I guess when we have got to the preferred bidder status with a “Max we will/can pay” figure in mind it turns into a fairly binary choice for the main creditors.

It is quite possible that the same bidder would also fund the relaunch the phoenix club also having paid creditors jack ?. So this could be a factor in the brinkmanship also in an “Ok then liquidate it then I’m  not paying any more… see ya…I’ll play the long game then”

Edited by Dean (hick) Saunders

7 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Can’t see that this has been posted, slightly more positive perspective reported by sky. Though there’s not really anything new in the story it includes quotes from the administrators saying progress is being made and they “hope” the club will be sold by the end of Jan. https://www.skysports.com/share/12485472

Preferred bidder was supposed to be selected in three to four weeks. That was about six weeks ago. 

looks like three to four weeks is the new 48 hours.

4 minutes ago, Topram said:

So it’s gone from end of this week to end of next week now to end of this month? Feels like the BZI take over this 

When this thread started in last week in October hosking went on talk radio saying hoped to select preferred bidder in three to four weeks. So that has slipped by two to three weeks already. 

meanwhile admin fees are clocking up. Blame Gibson, Efl . Usual suspects.

3 hours ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I wonder what will happen to the trophies we have like the old First Division trophies and the Fa Cup if we become Liquidated? 

I was joking to my mate on the phone yesterday that Mel Morris probably owns them and is planning on selling them to the local smelters to get some money to pay some off some of what he has lost from running the club. 

Rangers kept theirs in the Jock league and I’m pretty sure AFC Wimbledon have a cup win despite the best efforts of MK Cuckoos 

Edited by Reggie Greenwood

7 minutes ago, Yani P said:

His overall personal wealth had increased when he put us into admin hadn't it?...not readies of course just assets..

Who knows? Anyway unfortunately he cannot be forced to pay off our debts whether you, me or whoever would like him to. 

so it’s no use Ed Dawes or Kieran Maguire or anybody saying he needs to do this . Unfortunately there is no legal power to enforce anything and anyway we don’t know whether he has £56 million in readies anyway.

3 hours ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Doesn't @loweman2 not already own these and if not then why not? You're slacking @loweman2. Sort yersen out fella. ?

Does anyone actually feel worried regarding liquidation? I don't know if I'm numb to it all now, but whilst I hope that we get taken over and everything normalises and we can concentrate on the football again, with a steady team in League One and a competitive side with minimal off-the-field drama. 

The journey of a non-league club provides a different source of entertainment, a rebranding, a fan-led phoenix club... we will always have a club in Derby and it's important to take heart in that. If the fans continue to stick together, I'm really open to whatever the outcome.