Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

8 minutes ago, enachops said:

Am I right in thinking that liquidation means HMRC get nothing? If so, are they really going to push us down that road by not accepting the deal?

1 minute ago, Stive Pesley said:

Am I right in thinking that liquidation means HMRC get nothing? If so, are they really going to push us down that road by not accepting the deal?

What they lose from us they gain from future clubs making sure they never get into our state again and pay their taxes.

My fear all along is the EFL are using us as ammo in their fight against the Prem and the HMRC are going to use us as an example to other clubs they won't be messed with.

I would love to be reassured everything will be ok, but I think we are a lot closer to liquidation than when the administrators came in.

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

What they lose from us they gain from future clubs making sure they never get into our state again and pay their taxes.

My fear all along is the EFL are using us as ammo in their fight against the Prem and the HMRC are going to use us as an example to other clubs they won't be messed with.

I would love to be reassured everything will be ok, but I think we are a lot closer to liquidation than when the administrators came in.

I share your fears.

It's going to take the death of a big club to shake up the football authorities......I just didn't think it would be our club.

I am seriously very worried.

We need an owner in place and soon. If Mel meant all those things he said, that he wouldn't sell the club short and that by putting it into admin he intended that it would facilitate the sale.... There's one more item needed to enable an acquisition: clear the HMRC debt.

Ok two: include the ground in any deal.

Worrying stuff. Maybe Mel doesn’t have the money anymore anyway. This could be the final season for DCFC because of terrible management at the top. Maybe we need a go fund me... I’m sure some wealthy DCFC fans could help. 

I’m aware this wouldn’t even get close to cleaning the debt. 

Edited by TheresOnlyWanChope

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

Well admin have said there in talks with them they have not said no to the deal but not said yes eathier.

This is it, it's a game of poker now and we just have to hope the administrators can play a good game.

Maybe we agree to pay 25% upfront and spread x amount of a prolonged period of time or something.

Who knows.

I can imagine the HMRC not wanting to set a precedent by accepting less than they're owed.

Similarly, I can understand that with the current level of debt to HMRC and MSD, buyers are put off the cost of a deal for what will be a League One club next season. That's even if Mel/MSD were to include the ground in any deal.

Therefore, a fire sale in January is starting to look more than just an inevitability but rather it is becoming more of a necessity.

Scavenger clubs will take advantage of the situation but we need the best prices possible in order to reduce the debts to such an extent that the numbers look better to any potential buyer.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

30 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

The state of football means that they accept a deal from us could lead to others taking a similar route. It goes both ways. 

1 hour ago, enachops said:

Cheery bed time reading. I get the point about HMRC potentially benefitting from our liquidation and forcing clubs down the line to avoid admin as a debt cutting tool.

My only hope is that HMRC think few clubs will take the admin gamble deliberately, even if they see us broker a deal, and as such feel their best outcome is to recover some of what we owe now.

On a personal note, how bad does it look that we as a club are having to haggle our way out of paying tax we owe. In a pandemic. Mel Morris hang your head in shame.

Edited by mike93rh