Ryan Allsop

uttoxram75

Just now, Chris_Martin said:

Allsop has to start next game in my opinion.

Roos just continues to make errors almost every game. Why do we persist with him? he has been doing this for years now. I don't think he will ever learn/change.

We need a new keeper hopefully in Jan but if not the summer it’s a priority.

3 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

We need a new keeper hopefully in Jan but if not the summer it’s a priority.

We have 2 decent championship level GK's on the bench. Both are much better than Roos and also much less error prone. I don't think it's worth buying another especially in our financial situation

8 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Come off get of roos back yes he made mistakes today but he made some good saves even asslop has mistakes in him.

All keepers at this level will make mistakes or they would be in the Premier league. Roos does not inspire confidence in many fans and his mistakes are game changing quite often. After today though I will respect Wayne’s team selection.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

All three of our keepers make mistakes. Importantly they all have the ability to 'get on with it' afterwards.

Not going to get a better keeper in, and tbh there are much higher priorities. 

Yes agree there are bigger priorities than GK at the moment. However, we have 2 other decent GK's at the club ready to go. Marshall and Allsop have made far fewer mistakes combined than Roos. How can we rely on someone who costs us a goal almost every other game?

Your point about their ability to 'get on with it afterwards' is fine, but I would much rather the mistakes didn't happen so often than worry about if they can cope with making them?

8 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Yes agree there are bigger priorities than GK at the moment. However, we have 2 other decent GK's at the club ready to go. Marshall and Allsop have made far fewer mistakes combined than Roos. How can we rely on someone who costs us a goal almost every other game?

Your point about their ability to 'get on with it afterwards' is fine, but I would much rather the mistakes didn't happen so often than worry about if they can cope with making them?

Clearly marshall is going no point in keep saying switch keepers.

Not sure where to post this, but it looks like David Marshall is no longer listed in the squad on the DCFC app. That section of the app is notoriously bad for accuracy (it lists Buchanan as a CM and Ebosele as a striker!), and I also have no idea if this is a recent change- but all the signs point towards Marshall never playing first team football for us ever again (except in the case of a freak double injury to Roos and Allsop).

Edited by Sussex Ram

2 minutes ago, Sussex Ram said:

Not sure where to post this, but it looks like David Marshall is no longer listed in the squad on the DCFC app. That section of the app is notoriously bad for accuracy (it lists Buchanan as a CM and Ebosele as a striker!), and I also have no idea if this is a recent change- but all the signs point towards Marshall never playing first team football for us ever again (except in the case of a freak double injury to Roos and Allsop).

Praise the lord. 

4 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

he made one mistake and got dropped for it. Roos continues to make mistakes every game but Rooney still plays him?

When Allsopp was in the team we looked very solid and had 3 consecutive clean sheets. Not had one since Roos has come back in...

I have no problem bringing Allsopp back if that’s what the manager decides.

However I’m betting we’ll see fans on Allsopps back when things go pear shaped for him.

The problems don’t necessarily stem solely from the keepers.

I dont think Roos is a bad keeper, I just dont think he's a good keeper, It's the Big Mistakes that cost goals that are unforgivable, I still cant get it round my head why they played a short goalkick when there were 2 Bournmouth attackers at the edge of the box, Why do it if your only to make 5yards further forward, This has to be a training ground set up, And I think it needs to be put to bed imo