Ryan Allsop

uttoxram75

8 hours ago, Ramifications said:

I only saw the brief highlights against Bristol City because of working. Just wondering, did Allsop play well enough to retain his place against, Blackpool? 

Didn't have anything to do, really. Handling was good.

Some short passes out from back a bit worrying, but same as Roos in that respect. They are being coached to do it, we have to put up with it.

Kicking didn’t really find anyone, either. Who is there to find?

The Athletic has produced an article this morning saying that statistically, Allsop is better. I haven't read it because it's behind a paywall.

Not sure this divisiveness helps in the current situation, tbh.

They are both decent championship goalies and are the least of our problems. 

Paying Marshall to not be involved is more of an issue for me. Hope someone takes him off our hands in January.

43 minutes ago, angieram said:

The Athletic has produced an article this morning saying that statistically, Allsop is better. I haven't read it because it's behind a paywall.

It's an incredibly basic article comparing them in 3 aspects, distribution, shotstopping and "handling." I say "handling" as it's based on gathers rather than catching. The stats used are incredibly basic ones that you can find on any stats website and they don't really prove anything. In the distribution section they're basically the same stats wise, with Allsop being better at some things, Roos being better at others, but he's come to the conclusion of Allsop is (just) better. 

You can't really compare statistics when Allsop has started 5 games.

I mentioned this in the Roos transfer topic, but Allsop seemed to get away with criticism at the weekend. His positioning and week wrist for Bristol's goal was quite poor and if it was Roos, Roos 10000% would've been bombarded with hate on twitter etc for being awful yet there was barely a word about Allsop...

31 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

It's an incredibly basic article comparing them in 3 aspects, distribution, shotstopping and "handling." I say "handling" as it's based on gathers rather than catching. The stats used are incredibly basic ones that you can find on any stats website and they don't really prove anything. In the distribution section they're basically the same stats wise, with Allsop being better at some things, Roos being better at others, but he's come to the conclusion of Allsop is (just) better. 

I mentioned this in the Roos transfer topic, but Allsop seemed to get away with criticism at the weekend. His positioning and week wrist for Bristol's goal was quite poor and if it was Roos, Roos 10000% would've been bombarded with hate on twitter etc for being awful yet there was barely a word about Allsop...

Agree about there being nothing between them, but I do think there were outfield players a lot more culpable for the goal on Saturday than Allsop. 

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

I do think there were outfield players a lot more culpable for the goal on Saturday than Allsop. 

Oh definitely and it wasn't Allsop at fault either, but Roos was slated by fans for Gray's goal last week yet no one said much about Allsop

1 hour ago, Jubbs said:

Roos is better than Allsop, but that's just my opinion

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Not sure this divisiveness helps in the current situation, tbh.

They are both decent championship goalies and are the least of our problems. 

Paying Marshall to not be involved is more of an issue for me. Hope someone takes him off our hands in January.

Roos vs Allsop

Saves per 90: 3.0 vs 2.6
Short pass %: 98.1 vs 96.9
Long pass %: 26.6% vs 30.2%
Clearances per 90: 1.5 vs 0.5
Based on Whoscored's match rating, there is nothing between them (6.57 vs 6.58) despite Roos picking up a red card.

Allsop, Roos or Marshall, There's not a great deal between them, They all have mistakes in them...as all goalkeepers have, Unfortunately Roos will have to live with the Wembley mistake, Allsop too has made rickets along with Marshall, It makes very little difference who's in goal for us imo.

• 3 weeks later...