Ryan Allsop

uttoxram75

30 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Aside from Villa one, how many major mistakes has he made?

******I don’t necessarily count today, as Curtis shouldn’t have put the ball into play in that situation and the management team should not be pushing this crazy training ground routine.

?how can you not count it as a mistake today? You are aware he effectively just passed the ball straight to them 12 yards out?

v Millwall dived over the ball for their goal

v Blackburn parried it straight to their player whilst diving behind the goal line for the first goal

v Blackburn beaten at his near post for their second

v Sheff Utd got sent off costing us the game

v Birmingham again beaten at his near post for their second

These are just from his last 8 games. There are lots more errors throughout and further back, just that not all of them lead to goals. 

50 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

But he didn't, That's the whole point, Ifs, Buts and maybes, If the Bournemouth defender hadn't got a nick with his heal CKR may have scored with his head.

Does Roos have a kind of a panic button where he has a mental blockage when claiming the ball from our defenders, We've seen it time and again this season where we've winced when he gets closed down

I'm no statto but Roos has cost us some goals this season, Maybe not points but definately goals

i don't see how they compare at all. Roos' was a terrible mistake rolling it forward to much before kicking long, while the Bournemouth defender was trying to get a touch to block the cross and it worked. 

I suppose Rooney also instructed Roos to make his first touch a pass to the Bournemouth attackers....... I'm not his greatest fan but it's meddling with dynamite to faff around playing short passes out of defense when historically his ball control can be erratic. 

He makes me nervous when he receives the ball under pressure or receives the ball to his feet full stop, imagine what that does to the defenders Infront of him.

53 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Does Roos have a kind of a panic button where he has a mental blockage when claiming the ball from our defenders, We've seen it time and again this season where we've winced when he gets closed down

I'm no statto but Roos has cost us some goals this season, Maybe not points but definately goals

Seems that way yes. It's like he just can't maintain concentration. Been happening for so long now though I'm not sure he'll ever change.

Yes it has cost some goals this season, probably some points too. Definitely cost us points v Sheff Utd with the red card. 

10 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Roos unfortunately reminds me of my 12 year old playing in goal. But he kicks it short because he can't get the ball up in the air/can't get it far enough down field. And similarly it causes loads of goals against as well.

He kicks it over halfway almost every time he attempts it. Problem is he loses concentration and always picks the bad option far too often

1 minute ago, Chris_Martin said:

Seems that way yes. It's like he just can't maintain concentration. Been happening for so long now though I'm not sure he'll ever change.

Yes it has cost some goals this season, probably some points too. Definitely cost us points v Sheff Utd with the red card. 

Agreed, If our coaches want to play that tactic then we need players who can opporate it, If I have a queery why was Jagielka also in the area, Surely he should have been closer to the touchline to give an option.

The opposition must be aware now of our habit of trying to play from the back, And yes it works more than it fails...but look at the picture I posted that tells all we need to know poor play and positioning...imo

Rooney has said in the past that he instructs the team to play it out from the back and that he knows they will occasionally make mistakes and that he will take the flack for it. 

I'd file this one under "it seems like a daft idea but the manager thinks it's a good idea and I'd hope they know more about the game than I do". 

26 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

based on you saying Allsop and Marshall would both be worse than Roos.

Need a stronger base than your own opinion to call someone delusional. Disagreeing is fine. Trying to ridicule an opinion just because you don't is the mark of a twit, which I'm sure you're not.

There's no evidence that Marshall can do it successfully. There's evidence to say that Allsopp loses his head under pressure, he fell apart after missing that cross the other week and was so rattled he let another cross loop over him and was lucky it hit the bar.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

10 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Agreed, If our coaches want to play that tactic then we need players who can opporate it, If I have a queery why was Jagielka also in the area, Surely he should have been closer to the touchline to give an option.

The opposition must be aware now of our habit of trying to play from the back, And yes it works more than it fails...but look at the picture I posted that tells all we need to know poor play and positioning...imo

Funny how teams have successfully 'played it out from the back' for all these years without it needing to start with a goalkeeper and 2 defenders passing between each other on the edge of their own six yard box though isn't it?

Passing it out from the back isn't the same as taking stupid risks for very little potential benefit.

It doesn't work more than it fails. We haven't created a single thing from this tactic all season.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

3 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Funny how teams have successfully 'played it out from the back' for all these years without it needing to start with a goalkeeper and 2 defenders passing between each other on the edge of their own six yard box though isn't it?

Oh i've witnessed over many years players playing from the back, I can't remember what we saw this afternoon with our set up ever seeing that.

39 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

There's no evidence that Marshall can do it successfully. There's evidence to say that Allsopp loses his head under pressure, he fell apart after missing that cross the other week and was so rattled he let another cross loop over him and was lucky it hit the bar.

With Allsop in goal we kept 3 clean sheets in a row though. I know he had a mad 5 minutes in the Luton game but other than that, what has he done wrong? With Roos back in goal we have looked shaky, he has made many mistakes (not all have led to goals), and we have started conceding goals again. No clean sheet since Roos came back into the team. These are all facts.

1 hour ago, Chris_Martin said:

?how can you not count it as a mistake today? You are aware he effectively just passed the ball straight to them 12 yards out?

v Millwall dived over the ball for their goal

v Blackburn parried it straight to their player whilst diving behind the goal line for the first goal

v Blackburn beaten at his near post for their second

v Sheff Utd got sent off costing us the game

v Birmingham again beaten at his near post for their second

These are just from his last 8 games. There are lots more errors throughout and further back, just that not all of them lead to goals. 

Curtis could have stopped it before it got to that stage, passing to a keeper with two strikers in very close proximity bearing down on him isn’t a great idea and is an error.

The Blackburn “behind the line” one wasn’t an error either.

I’ll give you the others, even though I’m not convinced they we’re all as clear cut errors as claimed! 

2 hours ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Need a stronger base than your own opinion to call someone delusional. Disagreeing is fine. Trying to ridicule an opinion just because you don't is the mark of a twit, which I'm sure you're not.

What we do know is that Roos can't do it though.?

The stupidity is in the execution of the tactic. By all means pass it to the keeper, if you feel that he is the best equipped player to distribute the ball out of the back, but for christ's sake, just touch the ball to him standing right next to you. The benefit being that the ball has no pace and is easier to control, also the striker has less time to close the keeper down. When you look at the replay of their goal, by the time the ball reaches Roos from Davies, the striker has almost covered half the distance to close down Roos. If Roos was standing next to Davies and just having the ball touched to him, then he would have twice as much time to deal with the ball and not be put under as much pressure, leading to a possible error.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Ramifications said:

I only saw the brief highlights against Bristol City because of working. Just wondering, did Allsop play well enough to retain his place against, Blackpool? 

I think WR will be taking a leaf out of a former England Managers selection process, As we have 2 excellent keepers WR will be rotating them both, As with Shilton and Clemence they'll play 1 game each so Roos will start on Saturday.

I think that is the only fare way to go about this situation.