Ryan Allsop

uttoxram75

3 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

I have no problem bringing Allsopp back if that’s what the manager decides.

However I’m betting we’ll see fans on Allsopps back when things go pear shaped for him.

The problems don’t necessarily stem solely from the keepers.

true. but when you have a keeper that has consistently made the same mistakes for over 3 years it should probably tell us where the problem is. ?

5 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I dont think Roos is a bad keeper, I just dont think he's a good keeper, It's the Big Mistakes that cost goals that are unforgivable, I still cant get it round my head why they played a short goalkick when there were 2 Bournmouth attackers at the edge of the box, Why do it if your only to make 5yards further forward, This has to be a training ground set up, And I think it needs to be put to bed imo

If Roos had just played the ball normally though it would be fine. Why did he take an extra touch and kick it towards their players first. It all comes back to his consistent lack of concentration.

7 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

If Roos had just played the ball normally though it would be fine. Why did he take an extra touch and kick it towards their players first. It all comes back to his consistent lack of concentration.

If it's that consistent an issue why does Rooney continue to tell him to play that way? 

There's no need for it, and we haven't benefitted from it one time all season, nor would we with Allsopp or Marshall in the team. Both would still be told to use the tactic and both would rooster it up even  more often than Roos does.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

It was a calamity, and he’s done it before … but I salute Kelle because we are all fallible and whatever his weaknesses he kept his head. He didn’t dissolve. That mess up would have killed a lesser player but he stuck at it, did what he had to do, caught a cross, made a ball his.

No he isn’t a great keeper, wish we had better, but he’s a ram, his head didn’t drop, he fought for himself and the team.

5 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

true. but when you have a keeper that has consistently made the same mistakes for over 3 years it should probably tell us where the problem is. ?

Aside from Villa one, how many major mistakes has he made?

******I don’t necessarily count today, as Curtis shouldn’t have put the ball into play in that situation and the management team should not be pushing this crazy training ground routine.

10 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

If Roos had just kicked the ball upfield we would have been just fine. Can someone tell me what we gain from a defender passing the ball 3 yards to him ?. Totally unnecessary risk.

2 minutes ago, The Key Club King said:

I understand the debate around Roos but when fans mock and jeer their own keeper at the game it's the dumbest, most counter-productive thing I can think of doing. When a mistake is made, that is when a keeper needs supporting the most. 

You can even make the argument that it wasn’t even his mistake (or at least not his solely his mistake)

9 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

But he didn't, That's the whole point, Ifs, Buts and maybes, If the Bournemouth defender hadn't got a nick with his heal CKR may have scored with his head.

Does Roos have a kind of a panic button where he has a mental blockage when claiming the ball from our defenders, We've seen it time and again this season where we've winced when he gets closed down

I'm no statto but Roos has cost us some goals this season, Maybe not points but definately goals

10 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

If Roos had just kicked the ball upfield we would have been just fine. Can someone tell me what we gain from a defender passing the ball 3 yards to him ?. Totally unnecessary risk.

It brings 2 opposition players out of play, with the intention of then passing through them.

Not saying I agree with it but that Is the intention.

20 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

If it's that consistent an issue why does Rooney continue to tell him to play that way? 

There's no need for it, and we haven't benefitted from it one time all season, nor would we with Allsopp or Marshall in the team. Both would still be told to use the tactic and both would rooster it up even  more often than Roos does.

louis-theroux-delusional.gif

20 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

i think it's supposed to draw the opposition forward by having our CB's back there, so effectively there's more space in behind them when we take the goal kick.  Agree it's risky though.

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

It brings 2 opposition players out of play, with the intention of then passing through them.

Not saying I agree with it but that Is the intention.

Pretty sure we all get that G Star, But when their 2 attackers were already out of play ie at the edge of the box, Where was Roos going to play the ball...Jagielka maybe, Back to Davis, No he takes another baby Elephants touch and the rest is history

image.png.f9930944b214af46dc6004c8b4a5d938.png

If I was manager I would want us to play out from the back BUT I would expect them to have the intelligence to know when it isnt going to work in a given situation...look at that graphic above roos has time to clear it but takes 2 touches..one was an anti tank gun touch..in that situation the defender should have just punted it upfield..play the sensible percentages..or Roos hit it first or second time

Edited by Yani P