Allsop/ Marshall

whiteroseram

Yeah I’m pretty sure it’s a character thing. He played well until he was “ill” when the team didn’t get paid in time and recovered when payment was made. Then he got “injured” during the Forest game and got subbed off.

Pretty sure that’s not the sort of character Rooney wants in the team and he’s continually made that point since pre-season.

Just now, roboto said:

Yeah I’m pretty sure it’s a character thing. He played well until he was “ill” when the team didn’t get paid in time and recovered when payment was made. Then he got “injured” during the Forest game and got subbed off.

Pretty sure that’s not the sort of character Rooney wants in the team and he’s continually made that point since pre-season.

"Injured" after making a calamitous error for Garner's goal, co-incidentally.

2 minutes ago, David said:

Fair play to Allsop tonight, had a great game, came up big when we needed him ??

Several good saves and never looked anything but assured coming for crosses. Tonight’s performance ensures great competition for the shirt. Expect Roos will get the nod again, but worthy of starting anytime in the future should Roos falter.

Allsops performance was good, A couple of saves, Crosses were collected, He did his job without any fuss, A lot of this is down to what's infront of him, We have a miserly defence that also does it's job, Last season scoring against us was pretty easy, It's not so easy now.

From what i've seen from Allsop, Roos and Marshall there's mistakes in all 3, A keeper needs a good defence infront of him, Equelly the defence needs confidence in their keeper, Playing behind our defence, I'd be OK whichever keeper is in goal.

The key thing is that a competent defence needs confidence in the keeper - Allsop may not be the greatest but he was calm and composed last night - no silly decisions or 'almost cockups'. Roos may be a better shot-stopper, but he's got a Keoghesque abilitty to look as if he's permanently on the edge of doing something stupid - assuming he can maintains last nights form, I'd go for Allsop over Roos every time....

I thought it was a compliment to the coaching team that we changed two out of five of our defensive unit last night and still looked pretty solid. (Not counting Fozzy in that as he is probably just about first choice at left back.) 

I am more assured that the defenders know their respective jobs and are familiar with each other. Squad mentality.