Steve Gibson trying to liquidate Derby

Carl Sagan

59 minutes ago, Maxwell Baxter said:

I don't post here often and this has been posted by me on the forum elsewhere but it's worth a read.

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/onthisday-in-1986-pools-play-host-for-born-again-boro

Hartlepool saved there ass in 1986, maybe it's time Gibson showed the same class.  

The other issue i have with this is that it was one of our own that were a major factor in saving them in 1986.

The attitude of some vocal fans of other clubs is extremely depressing. I wouldn't wish any club out of existence not even Forest and certainly not just because of something the ex-owner had done. The charges re accountancy were assessed by the good old EFL and we were hit by a points deduction as a result. We have taken that on the chin along with the additional administration sanction. The accounting method applied was not illegal but clearly given FFP considerations and in hindsight it was an obvious attempt to bend the rules but the ranting and foaming at the mouth from some quarters despite us taking our punishment is genuinely baffling. These legal actions by Boro and Wycombe cannot be seen as anything other than an attempt to send DCFC under. There simply isn't the money to pay it so it has to be called out for what it is, malicious attempt to sabotage efforts to save our club and to force DCFC into liquidation.

The naivety shown by some other clubs fans in thinking the actions of Boro and Wycombe is OK and will somehow just teach us a bit of a lesson somehow is quite breath-taking. We are facing an existential threat and some of them seem to think these actions are somehow a relatively minor thing. Their chairmen are trying to kill our club pure and simple. Switch the situations and genuinely I'd be embarrassed and ashamed that the owners of my club were making a conscious and deliberate attempt to doom another club and deprive thousands of football fans of their beloved team.

31 minutes ago, Crewton said:

At Sheff Wed's Tribunal hearing, it was revealed that the EFL wanted Wednesday and Derby's potential penalties to be applied to the seasons that would most impact on them, SWFC in 2019/20 (when their original 9 point penalty would have relegated them, but their eventual 6 point penalty wouldn't have) and Derby in 2020/21 (because we were more than 12 points clear of relegation in 2019/20). The Tribunal threw out their proposal stating that it wasn't the purpose of the Tribunal to directly relegate a team (i.e SWFC) by applying a penalty without giving them the opportunity to overcome that penalty on the field of play, and therefor the punishment must be applied to the following season.

Boro then further delayed our 2nd Tribunal (arising from the EFL's appeal against the decision of the 1st Tribunal) by commencing an Arbitration against DCFC  that had to be considered and determined before the LAP could determine the EFL's appeal. The panel determined that Boro had no jurisdiction to either start their own Arbitration or join the EFL's action.

This all started with Boro starting an Arbitration against the EFL in September 2019, which they dropped on the understanding that they would claim compensation from DCFC if the EFL brought charges against DCFC which proved to be successful.

So you can see clearly that the EFL have been in cahoots with Boro from the outset, simply to protect themselves from a very bitter little man.

Wycombe should be suing Boro then for delaying the decision 

11 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

The attitude of some vocal fans of other clubs is extremely depressing. I wouldn't wish any club out of existence not even Forest and certainly not just because of something the ex-owner had done. The charges re accountancy were assessed by the good old EFL and we were hit by a points deduction as a result. We have taken that on the chin along with the additional administration sanction. The accounting method applied was not illegal but clearly given FFP considerations and in hindsight it was an obvious attempt to bend the rules but the ranting and foaming at the mouth from some quarters despite us taking our punishment is genuinely baffling. These legal actions by Boro and Wycombe cannot be seen as anything other than an attempt to send DCFC under. There simply isn't the money to pay it so it has to be called out for what it is, malicious attempt to sabotage efforts to save our club and to force DCFC into liquidation.

The naivety shown by some other clubs fans in thinking the actions of Boro and Wycombe is OK and will somehow just teach us a bit of a lesson somehow is quite breath-taking. We are facing an existential threat and some of them seem to think these actions are somehow a relatively minor thing. Their chairmen are trying to kill our club pure and simple. Switch the situations and genuinely I'd be embarrassed and ashamed that the owners of my club were making a conscious and deliberate attempt to doom another club and deprive thousands of football fans of their beloved team.

If the shoe was in the other foot, and we were suing boro, we’d only be depriving hundreds of fans of their beloved team, so it wouldn’t be as bad. 

6 hours ago, Mihangel said:

I think the second point should settle your worries, Gibson can only be trying to get the EFL involved if he thinks he's struggling to win and as you say, they won't back them on this.....

Doesn’t  he have a rep in the Efl board. There”s at least one vote for it to proceed. Feels like a cartel

Can’t help thinking the Nixon article will be a bit of a non-story. What exactly are the EFL asking Derby to do here.? It’s a vague statement that the EFL want it sorted. Yet he’s also saying on Twitter today that the EFL are not backing legal action from Boro and Wycombe. So what do Derby need to do then? What is sorted? We can’t make it go away, the EFL don’t get involved in legal actions between clubs. The only way it goes away is if Wycombe and Boro remove their actions - unlikely

I think it will be sorted through negotiations with the EFL as to what amounts to a football creditor, surely the EFL (in interpreting their rules) need to stipulate that Boro and Wycombe are not football creditors, any action is independent of reaching a CVA. Quantuma need to clearly reject any claim and state they won’t pay anything, then its up to Boro and Wycombe if they want to take us to court. Then it depends on any prospective owner taking on the risk of any action which would surely fail. If the owner is happy to take on the risk of further action then crack on. That’s all Derby can do here short of reaching an understanding with Boro and Wycombe - but some are unwilling to negotiate.

Interesting it’s only Nixon that is running with this as well. 

6 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Can’t help thinking the Nixon article will be a bit of a non-story. What exactly are the EFL asking Derby to do here.? It’s a vague statement that the EFL want it sorted. Yet he’s also saying on Twitter today that the EFL are not backing legal action from Boro and Wycombe. So what do Derby need to do then? What is sorted? We can’t make it go away, the EFL don’t get involved in legal actions between clubs. The only way it goes away is if Wycombe and Boro remove their actions - unlikely

I think it will be sorted through negotiations with the EFL as to what amounts to a football creditor, surely the EFL (in interpreting their rules) need to stipulate that Boro and Wycombe are not football creditors, any action is independent of reaching a CVA. Quantuma need to clearly reject any claim and state they won’t pay anything, then its up to Boro and Wycombe if they want to take us to court. Then it depends on any prospective owner taking on the risk of any action which would surely fail. If the owner is happy to take on the risk of further action then crack on. That’s all Derby can do here short of reaching an understanding with Boro and Wycombe - but some are unwilling to negotiate.

Interesting it’s only Nixon that is running with this as well. 

From reading the story it sounds like we can not get out of admin till it’s sorted with both claims as the efl won’t allow the admins plan for a new owner to take it on. So if we reject the claim and it goes to court we will stay in administration until it is sorted and we won’t have money left for too long. If it goes on any longer and court proceedings is the way expect players to be sold to pay for the legal costs and to keep us going till we have an outcome 

Edited by Barney1991

24 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

From reading the story it sounds like we can not get out of admin till it’s sorted with both claims as the efl won’t allow the admins plan for a new owner to take it on. So if we reject the claim and it goes to court we will stay in administration until it is sorted and we won’t have money left for too long. If it goes on any longer and court proceedings is the way expect players to be sold to pay for the legal costs and to keep us going till we have an outcome 

The EFL has no legal jurisdiction to prevent us from exiting administration. HMRC & other creditors won't just sit in permanent limbo until Rick Ducking Parry says otherwise.

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

The EFL has no legal jurisdiction to prevent us from exiting administration. HMRC & other creditors won't just sit in permanent limbo until Rick Ducking Parry says otherwise.

Presumably they can duck us for more points though if they deem we have not payed these  wannabe football creditors. 

Edited by angieram
Remove swearing

2 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Presumably they can duck us for more points though if they deem we have not payed these  football creditors.

I presume if we had time we could let all these vexatious claims go to (independent) arbitration. The EFL won't currently allow us time.

Edited by angieram
Remove swearing

Interesting though. If it does go to court or an EFL panel, we’d surely say “In which case, we don’t accept the negotiated 9 point deduction. If you want to proceed with this case, and in doing so you’re preventing us moving out of administration until it’s concluded, there is no point us accepting that 9 point deduction. We only accepted it to expedite our exit from administration. If you’re preventing that by supporting this claim, then you’re going to first of all prove there is a case to answer.”

Edited by ck-
Typo