Steve Gibson trying to liquidate Derby

Carl Sagan

3 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

Just posting this as it seems to have been missed, ignoring the vague responses in what he’s said, there’s an interesting tidbit I’d be more annoyed about at the minute and that’s th supporters group seemingly ‘burning a bridge’ before asking a Boro fan to come up with this response 

That is the worst ITK post I’ve ever seen - and that’s saying something. 

Something to remember, Sheff United were awarding 10 million from West Ham when they were very blatantly cheated out of a Premier league spot.

Sheff United were able to say for sure that at least 1 season of income (and possibly more) in the Prem were lost due to West Ham fielding illegal players 

For that, they were given 10 million.

Boro want 40 million because they 'might' have got promoted, even though their poor form and Villa (who also would have failed FFP) could have cost them anyway.

3 hours ago, TuffLuff said:
Just posting this as it seems to have been missed, ignoring the vague responses in what he’s said, there’s an interesting tidbit I’d be more annoyed about at the minute and that’s th supporters group seemingly ‘burning a bridge’ before asking a Boro fan to come up with this response 

You're assuming there's truth in it then, rather than more made up ********? ?

16 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Something to remember, Sheff United were awarding 10 million from West Ham when they were very blatantly cheated out of a Premier league spot.

Sheff United were able to say for sure that at least 1 season of income (and possibly more) in the Prem were lost due to West Ham fielding illegal players 

For that, they were given 10 million.

Boro want 40 million because they 'might' have got promoted, even though their poor form and Villa (who also would have failed FFP) could have cost them anyway.

I think that with the Sheff U case it was somewhat more 'provable'. Tevez kept WHU up in the final match of the season.

How are Boro going to convince anyone that us finishing above them and then their potential was any more than what they obtained?

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I think that with the Sheff U case it was somewhat more 'provable'. Tevez kept WHU up in the final match of the season.

How are Boro going to convince anyone that us finishing above them and then their potential was any more than what they obtained?

Plus Sheffield united were already in the Premier League to start with . 

Ha sorry my first post today was trying to hint towards a post below the tweet about a supporters group ‘burning bridges’ with Gibson which I’ve now screenshotted.  I was at work when I did it and didn’t necessarily went to do a post calling anyone out or having to spend my day defending it. Anyway I’ve still left names out and won’t mention the supporters group mentioned as it’s probably not fair without them having a right of reply on here, also I don’t want to spend m my evening defending this point. 

Anyway I know there might be more to that tweet, but i think if they were looking to sort out a meeting with Gibson (as per the minutes of their last meetings) and you don’t get it because ‘burnt bridges’ then it looks really poor and another example of these groups getting involved when they frankly are out of their depth.

What we then get is them asking a favour of this other bloke (this is mentioned in the forum link and not the Twitter post) and frankly a load of speculative tripe from Gibson through the aforementioned other blokes words. As others have said, if these are Gibson’s words at all (they probably are but its easier to say this stuff to a Boro fan and get away with it).

I could be wrong and it was something at Boro’s end that caused a rift, and I’ll apologise if that’s the case. But this seems like it was entirely avoidable and continues to leave the fans in speculative limbo, and isn’t it these groups that should be helping to bring clarity?

F36F3BCB-0D2F-443A-9F26-8D84266CC093.jpeg

16 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Ha sorry my first post today was trying to hint towards a post below the tweet about a supporters group ‘burning bridges’ with Gibson which I’ve now screenshotted.  I was at work when I did it and didn’t necessarily went to do a post calling anyone out or having to spend my day defending it. Anyway I’ve still left names out and won’t mention the supporters group mentioned as it’s probably not fair without them having a right of reply on here, also I don’t want to spend m my evening defending this point. 

Anyway I know there might be more to that tweet, but i think if they were looking to sort out a meeting with Gibson (as per the minutes of their last meetings) and you don’t get it because ‘burnt bridges’ then it looks really poor and another example of these groups getting involved when they frankly are out of their depth.

What we then get is them asking a favour of this other bloke (this is mentioned in the forum link and not the Twitter post) and frankly a load of speculative tripe from Gibson through the aforementioned other blokes words. As others have said, if these are Gibson’s words at all (they probably are but its easier to say this stuff to a Boro fan and get away with it).

I could be wrong and it was something at Boro’s end that caused a rift, and I’ll apologise if that’s the case. But this seems like it was entirely avoidable and continues to leave the fans in speculative limbo, and isn’t it these groups that should be helping to bring clarity?

F36F3BCB-0D2F-443A-9F26-8D84266CC093.jpeg

I didn't get the point of any of those tweetings (even after I went and read stuff on their messageboard). If there was a reasonable bone in Gibson's body he wouldn't be continuing to try to scam money out of a club in administration. And as for the pointless hints of reasoning, again another load of crap twaddle.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I didn't get the point of any of those tweetings (even after I went and read stuff on their messageboard). If there was a reasonable bone in Gibson's body he wouldn't be continuing to try to scam money out of a club in administration. And as for the pointless hints of reasoning, again another load of crap twaddle.

It does look like a scam when his claim is along the lines that we spent too much money on better players than he had, failed to be promoted but boro with lesser players by his admission would have got promoted.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah trying to scam money from a club in financial trouble effectively by blackmail. And then say we were the ones cheating. 

Gibson is Deluded , hypocritical and that’s being polite.

33 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

No wonder he wants £40m from us when they're doing stuff like this.

I saw that earlier.  Nearly added a similar comment to the thread on Twitter then decided I didn't want to get all the usual "Derby cheats" comments back.  It beggars belief doesn't it. £40K a week for an U23 player who's only made 2 senior appearances as far as I can see.  10 times what we're allowed to pay. 

No doubt he'll offset the cost of this against lorry tyres, freight storage or something similarly ludicrous. 

Edited by BucksRam
poor maths!