Operation Fill the Ground v Swansea

sage

1 minute ago, Foreveram said:

Sheffield Utd with their premier league half fans and red dogs kid for a quid and 24 year old “ youth” fans at £12 pounds a match or £7 a match for season ticket holders

They haven't done a kid for a quid match. Got 2 red Draycott mates

9 minutes ago, sage said:

More new faces around us today but also some regulars missing. All very odd. Decent atmosphere again. Not impressed with the nationalist stuff though. 

My Swansea mate says "every english team we play sing ing-ur-lund at us, always have, always will. The funny thing is every set of fans seem to think they're the first to have invented it."

8 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

My Swansea mate says "every english team we play sing ing-ur-lund at us, always have, always will. The funny thing is every set of fans seem to think they're the first to have invented it."

Indeed. Cringeworthy 

8 hours ago, sage said:

More new faces around us today but also some regulars missing. All very odd. Decent atmosphere again. Not impressed with the nationalist stuff though. 

Not impressed either, with the lack of any announcement that our ovine desires remain... as ever... stronger, and far more fulfilled, than theirs!  

#ssa

8 hours ago, sage said:

Yes; lots and lots of new faces in the SW upper and different to Wed night.

Had to refrain also from the England chants. 

8 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It does always seem a bit silly when fans sing it to Cardiff and Swansea (same with the National Anthem) but I guess it’s a bit of harmless banter. I really don’t think any sets of fans think they invented it though and I’m not sure what gives you that impression.

8 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

It does always seem a bit silly when fans sing it to Cardiff and Swansea (same with the National Anthem) but I guess it’s a bit of harmless banter. I really don’t think any sets of fans think they invented it though and I’m not sure what gives you that impression.

According to the quotation marks, it was the "Swansea mate" who said that, not @RadioactiveWaste?

It always gets to me when the Scots and Welsh boo the national anthem, which is the national anthem of Great Britain. Many Scots and Welsh competitors stood proudly on the top step at the Olympics when the national anthem was played.

I think that for sporting events, the English should have their own anthem and when we play other British teams, the national anthem should also be played and respected by both sets of supporters.

3 minutes ago, ram59 said:

It always gets to me when the Scots and Welsh boo the national anthem, which is the national anthem of Great Britain. Many Scots and Welsh competitors stood proudly on the top step at the Olympics when the national anthem was played.

I think that for sporting events, the English should have their own anthem and when we play other British teams, the national anthem should also be played and respected by both sets of supporters.

Fans should sing Jerusalem if anything.

I’m sure Welsh and Scottish fans are bored with the National Anthem taunt in any case.

I’m relatively new to this forum, so hopefully my attempt to add a couple of photos works!

Can’t be 100% confident in the numbers on this particular website, but there’s obvious no reason to doubt them. This season, we have the 27th highest average attendance in the country. 6th best in the Championship; higher than 2 Prem clubs; but lower than 3 League One clubs (a bonus point for anyone who can name them).

Yesterday’s attendance was close to 3,000 higher than the average before the game- an increase of about 15%. My opinion is that an increase like that is a big success, and hopefully stands out to potential buyers. What’s more interesting, is how many of those new fans come back again, as fuel becomes more available (!), the weather gets colder, and the results get better/worse (TBC).

0B4F61C5-3E90-43AD-8811-69B8FD1601A0.jpeg

9DCDA44B-2031-4C3B-856F-54D693924797.jpeg