Operation Fill the Ground v Swansea

sage

13 hours ago, sage said:

More new faces around us today but also some regulars missing. All very odd. Decent atmosphere again. Not impressed with the nationalist stuff though. 

You probably need to lighten up a bit.

Id rather a bit of banter about England/Wales than them singing about Stan Collymore, Billy Sharp or Nigel Doughty.

Do you also find it cringeworthy when they sing songs about being from Derby?

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

You probably need to lighten up a bit.

Id rather a bit of banter about England/Wales than them singing about Stan Collymore, Billy Sharp or Nigel Doughty.

Do you also find it cringeworthy when they sing songs about being from Derby?

It is a Derby game not an England game. 

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Against a welsh team.

So do you think there should have been no songs about Forest either then?

As you seem to have limited powers of comprehension I won't try to explain the distinction again. 

30 minutes ago, sage said:

As you seem to have limited powers of comprehension I won't try to explain the distinction again. 

I thought your point was fans shouldnt sing the word England because its not an England match?

By extension, you'd assume with it also not being a Forest match that you wouldn't want the people singing about Forest?

1 minute ago, Ramifications said:

Sunderland's average attendance is very impressive for a League One club. I think I am correct in saying the town has a smaller population than Derby as well. 

Sunderland population 342,000.

Derby population 236,000.

From Derby County's wiki page.... 

Derby is often acknowledged as a "passionate football town" by rival supporters[50] and the press alike. Tony Francis of The Daily Telegraph noted, "Derby is a passionate football town... Even in Division Two, it's a reasonable bet that crowds at Pride Park would not fall far below 20,000. It's historical, it's geographical, it's in the blood. Some places have it, some don't."

On 29/09/2021 at 23:36, DJAY said:

I ended up catching covid during the last home match (I lead a boring life so definitely know it was there I caught it from). Having to isolate until Saturday so gave my season ticket seat to someone who could make use of it. I daresay there may be quite a few in the same boat.

I’ve got covid, and I think I caught it at the Reading game, most likely jostling for a pee at half time. Ought to have worn a mask, but didn’t, nobody else did either.

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

I’ve got covid, and I think I caught it at the Reading game, most likely jostling for a pee at half time. Ought to have worn a mask, but didn’t, nobody else did either.

This thread should be re-titled Operation Fill the Ground with COVID. I blame @sage  always had him down as a super spreader.

Hope you are feeling a lot better soon. Chins up.

8 hours ago, Boycie said:

Sorry to hear that. Hope you’re feeling better soon.

I’ve been feeling really self conscious about wearing my mask  in the concourse cos very few people seem to bother. 

8 hours ago, i-Ram said:

This thread should be re-titled Operation Fill the Ground with COVID. I blame @sage  always had him down as a super spreader.

Hope you are feeling a lot better soon. Chins up.

He is, you should see him with jam butties.