When/where is our next win coming?

Sheff Ram

2 hours ago, Curtains said:

Just think Rooney and the team need our backing 

I hear what you're saying Curtains but look at the facts - I went to Salford and Notts County preseason thought support and backing was very good, I was at Huddersfield and the support especially from the South Stand was excellent.

From what I hear away support yesterday in numbers was very good, detraction being the idiots making offensive remarks. 

So we are backing the team and Rooney but nothing is changing. It's not that simplistic to just say that. 

Something else needs to fundamentally change and quickly.

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

I hear what you're saying Curtains but look at the facts - I went to Salford and Notts County preseason thought support and backing was very good, I was at Huddersfield and the support especially from the South Stand was excellent.

From what I hear away support yesterday in numbers was very good, detraction being the idiots making offensive remarks. 

So we are backing the team and Rooney but nothing is changing. It's not that simplistic to just say that. 

Something else needs to fundamentally change and quickly.

Things do need to change I agree but it mat take years. 

If Mel sacks Rooney and Rosenior then we have an even worse situation IMO and don’t forget I told everyone this would happen when I was backing Cocu 100 percent .

I predicted Rooney was anchoring for the job .

I got shouted down massively by RoyMac and countless others on here. .

It cost a fortune sacking Cocu and his team. 

9 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Things do need to change I agree but it mat take years. 

If Mel sacks Rooney and Rosenior then we have an even worse situation IMO and don’t forget I told everyone this would happen when I was backing Cocu 100 percent .

I predicted Rooney was anchoring for the job .

I got shouted down massively by RoyMac and countless others on here. .

It cost a fortune sacking Cocu and his team. 

Original point still stands - it will take more than the fans backing the team for things to radically improve - we can't do this on our own. 

Something or someone needs to change rapidly. 

What needs to change is Derby need to sort out their accounts and either the takeover needs to go through or Mel needs to prove he will continue to fund the club. And by the sounds of it, he didn’t give assurances on either at the Supporters Charter meeting which is deeply concerning.

39 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Well with that sort of attitude do you think you’ll ever know if you were right ? 

I don’t know what you mean?

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Mate what do you mean by competing level. 

Genuine question.

I would be happy to stay up this season. 

I think the good times will return eventually as these things go in cycles. 

Obviously things could be worse.    Ie Bury or Wimbledon etc etc 

Mel will be the key and that’s why we need to back the guy. 

We're in a bad situation at the moment and this season is likely going to be all about championship survival again.

Nothing is going to change until Mel Morris leaves the club and we have fresh ownership with a new direction.

It may be difficult at the minute, but we will be back. 

6 hours ago, Curtains said:

Mate what do you mean by competing level. 

Genuine question.

I would be happy to stay up this season. 

I think the good times will return eventually as these things go in cycles. 

Obviously things could be worse.    Ie Bury or Wimbledon etc etc 

Mel will be the key and that’s why we need to back the guy. 

A competing level would be at least mid table. 

In overall play we have looked pretty solid in the last 2 games, it was a set piece vs Huddersfield & for Peterboroughs first then a mistake for the 2nd. We could easily be sat here with 4-6pts other than poor defensive lapses.

A positive is that we have taken the lead in both games, learn to see the game out & we will start picking up points.

Can see us getting a win on Weds night, Stretton starting could be a blessing in disguise, it will give us a different dynamic & with his runs in behind their defence will have to drop back which should hopefully mean more space for the likes of Lawrence/Morrison/Sibley to get on the ball in dangerous areas