Hull City vs Derby County Matchday Thread

RadioactiveWaste

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Cashin would be LCB and Davies RCB.

Until we're out of embargo it'll be JBrown in the team instead anyway

That's fair enough. In reality I really don't expect Cashin would start exactly for the reason that you suggest but I do think it's getting close to the point where we perhaps have to consider sucking up losing one of those place (or unless I've missed something and Cashin literally cannot start). 

As an aside forgetting about the embargo who do you think of the two them (Cashin/Brown) is closest to regularly starting ability wise ?

38 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

That's fair enough. In reality I really don't expect Cashin would start exactly for the reason that you suggest but I do think it's getting close to the point where we perhaps have to consider sucking up losing one of those place (or unless I've missed something and Cashin literally cannot start). 

As an aside forgetting about the embargo who do you think of the two them (Cashin/Brown) is closest to regularly starting ability wise ?

Ignoring who else is in the defence, it would be Cashin. I'd stick with JBrown on the right and Cashin on the left though

3 hours ago, Barney1991 said:

Why haven’t you done it right with bird right back shinnie left back the full backs tucked in and not a clue what they are doing? 

I’m just an amateur compared to Saint Roo when it comes to these crazy tactics!

Roos

davies     stearman

Bird                                                      Shinnie

Byrne        Morrison                                       

Ebosele                                  Lawrence

Forsyth

Stretion

From the last game it will be somwething like this but with different personnel maybe

5 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Roos

davies     stearman

Byrne        Morrison                                       

Forsyth

Stretion

From the last game it will be somwething like this but with different personnel maybe

So 9 in defence, Forsyth in midfield and one striker. I like it, it would confuse the hell out of Hull

Roos 

Byrne       Davies    Jagielka   Forsyth

Shinnie   Morrison                                       

Ebosele                                Sibley 

Watson 

Stretton

Lawrence and Jozwiak 'rested'. 

Defensively frail starting eleven but at least some attacking intent. 

2 hours ago, Barney1991 said:

Roos

davies     stearman

Byrne        Morrison                                       

Forsyth

Stretion

That is spot on ? Maybe Lawrence dropping slightly deeper. Did you build that through their heat maps from the last game?

I give credit to Rooney & Co. for staying to see the job through, but I really wish they would just stick to a simple formation with wing play and overlapping full backs. The players we have available are just not good enough to be trading positions all game. 

It might have worked for Rooney in his career, but he had Paul Scholes and Ronaldo around him to make it work. It doesn't work with a team average second tier players.