Relegation rivals watch

Bris Vegas

4 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Bet no one would have said that at this stage of the season Huddersfield, Blackburn, Sheff Utd and Luton would be in the play-off places.

Hard to see Huddersfield Blackburn and Luton finishing in the top six though 

26 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Defeats for Barnsley and Posh would have been better me thinks ?

The fact that Bournemouth have drew against bottom of the league and lost the game before that gives us hope that we can pick 3 points up on Saturday. 

Stoke scoring in stoppage time to take 2 points off second from bottom tells me that those results were pretty good for DCFC tonight. 

6 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

The fact that Bournemouth have drew against bottom of the league and lost the game before that gives us hope that we can pick 3 points up on Saturday. 

Stoke scoring in stoppage time to take 2 points off second from bottom tells me that those results were pretty good for DCFC tonight. 

Not quite as good as defeats for them both though ?

On 01/03/2022 at 13:46, Crazy said:

It kind of both is and isn't. It's based on something called regression to the mean. Managers are often sacked when teams have had a run of underperforming. So it is likely that their form will shortly return to their true ability.

Therefore the new manager will likely get better results than the previous manager did in their last few games. However, it is also true that if the manager hadn't been sacked, they also would have likely got improved results.

So yes, there is such a thing as new manager bounce, but no, it isn't necessarily anything to do with the change in manager.

I’d always thought that part of it was that the players want to impress the new manager. Also that they have more belief if playing for someone who has a clean slate rather than for someone who is failing 

37 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Yes Bournemouth know we’re loads better than Posh so they come to the game without confidence. Ours for the taking 

9 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

To be fair, Barnsley were only a few minutes away from winning and I would imagine the Peterborough players got hammered after drawing with Bournemouth ?

I thought Peterborough were ok defensively against us , rode their luck at times. Offered nothing up front though I see Marriott scored last night.