Relegation rivals watch

Bris Vegas

28 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

I’m actually looking forward to something different next season. We might actually have a chance of winning something and let’s face it, that’s why we watch football. 

I just hope that the majority of Derby fans stick with the team and support like we have this season. We have a great chance of now resurrecting Derby County but it’s a team effort - let’s not forget that. 

I’ve seen a few people say they can’t be arsed tonight, WTF - this group of players deserve backing right to the hilt and beyond. 

Come on Derby fans, we do make a difference and that’s why Rooney and Co have fell in love with us. 

Well said Sir

2 hours ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

I’ve seen a few people say they can’t be arsed tonight, WTF - this group of players deserve backing right to the hilt and beyond. 

Come on Derby fans, we do make a difference and that’s why Rooney and Co have fell in love with us. 

Bucking glory hunters!

I remember losing to reading on the last day of the season despite only needing a point in 2015 and being so peed off and frustrated.

Now when we are likely to finish 15 places lower and relegated, I have so much more love for our team and manager.

Just on no players being bought in and 4k wage cap on freebies makes it remarkable with 4 games left that we aren't relegated. The 21 points deduction on top makes this an incredible season.

Comlmeted Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge earlier and had a few drinks on finish so know I'm rambling (apologies) . In short fook MM and the EFL. Every player, coach and staff memeber deserve the upmost respect and I hope they have the greatest career, outside of derby or not. On that note I'm gonna go pass out from exhaustion, UTR

1 minute ago, plymouthram said:

Monday is massive, if Swansea can beat Reading and we win at QPR, Barnsley and Peterboro game ends in a draw. Who knows what can happen.

If and it's a big if, Monday goes our way then I fully believe we will take it down to the final game. Reading will start to get nervous. Our last 3 look winnable in comparison to their last three. As Rooney said, by 5pm Monday we will know exactly where we stand. We'll either be down or the escape will be on.

1 minute ago, plymouthram said:

Monday is massive, if Swansea can beat Reading and we win at QPR, Barnsley and Peterboro game ends in a draw. Who knows what can happen.

That's a lot of ifs.  The first aim for this season was always to say if they went down the points deduction did it, otherwise the bamfords elsewhere start going on about how it made no difference. They were only 3 points and goal difference away from that earlier and sure enough they started.  This win shuts them up for a bit and that will do. 

Fantastic display and result last night!  Probably too late but maybe not...???

I know I bang on about this a lot, but we simply wouldn't even be in with even this remaining (slim) chance if not for the amazing work of the Academy providing a lifeline of skilful, energetic and committed young players.  Every time someone leaves and we fear the worst, along comes another Academy player to step up and take their opportunity with relish.  Long may it continue!

This is going to be absolutely crucial next season with spending still restricted due to much lower TV income, FFP etc.  CK isn't going to spend big until we are in the Championship playoffs, especially in view of recent experience.

I think next season we can expect a similar blend of bargain signings of experienced journeymen willing to drop a league to play for Wazza, together with more Academy talent.  On the evidence of this season it might well work!

COYR!!!

It’s unfortunate for us Reading have found form at the wrong time. That and this season it’s a more even championship with teams at the bottom getting more points than previous years.  I said if we could get to 40 points that would in reality mean 61 points which with the disadvantages we’ve had would be an unbelievable effort. Still think we can do that but unfortunately it still won’t be enough. 

All we can do is keep winning and put the pressure on. It may end up being a lost cause but it’s important to continue this momentum and feel good factor with players and fans into next season. 

Please get this takeover done CK because our future looks very exciting if it happens!! ??????

Should Reading lose to Swansea on Monday and we win at QPR then Reading could easily start to get nervous. We then play Bristol at home, a very winnable game. Two wins for us now and two losses for Reading and it’s all back in contention. That's how quickly this can change. Of course it could all be over Monday, but there's that chance that this gets interesting again. Either way, it's the most crucial day of the season. By 5pm we will know where we stand.

1 hour ago, Rammy03 said:

Should Reading lose to Swansea on Monday and we win at QPR then Reading could easily start to get nervous. We then play Bristol at home, a very winnable game. Two wins for us now and two losses for Reading and it’s all back in contention. That's how quickly this can change. Of course it could all be over Monday, but there's that chance that this gets interesting again. Either way, it's the most crucial day of the season. By 5pm we will know where we stand.

To be fair, I really hope by 5pm we don’t know where we stand. Because the only scenario where we know where we stand is if Reading wins and we lose.

I’m hoping the uncertainty continues til the last day of the season. I’m hoping we don’t know where we stand until the last minute of the last game.

Although, I’m not entirely sure my nerves can take that. So a tiny guilty party of me is kind of hoping we do know where we stand by 5pm on Monday, and we can just get on with the grieving process. 

24 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

To be fair, I really hope by 5pm we don’t know where we stand. Because the only scenario where we know where we stand is if Reading wins and we lose.

I’m hoping the uncertainty continues til the last day of the season. I’m hoping we don’t know where we stand until the last minute of the last game.

Although, I’m not entirely sure my nerves can take that. So a tiny guilty party of me is kind of hoping we do know where we stand by 5pm on Monday, and we can just get on with the grieving process. 

What I meant by 'knowing where we stand' is we will either have a chance or we literally are relegated. That's why Monday is crucial. If we do not match Reading's result we are gone.

Hopefully we can get the win and results go in our favour so the great escape is truly on again. It would be a shame to have 3 dead rubbers. We somehow have to keep the chance alive until the last game then anything is possible.

There is no greiving process as far as I'm concerned. I've already come to terms with league one as its been coming for a long time and has been likely ever since the extra 9 points came off. So from my point of view there is absolutely no benefit of us knowing we're mathematically down by 5pm Monday. I want to enjoy these final few games with something to play for, knowing that there is still a glimmer of hope that we can do something special.

If it's not to be then so be it. But while its mathematically possible, I will keep believing. COYR.

On 15/04/2022 at 19:12, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

I’m actually looking forward to something different next season. We might actually have a chance of winning something and let’s face it, that’s why we watch football. 

I just hope that the majority of Derby fans stick with the team and support like we have this season. We have a great chance of now resurrecting Derby County but it’s a team effort - let’s not forget that. 

I think it'll take a couple of seasons to get the players in to challenge at the top end of league one tbh. Can't see beilik or Lawrence staying, that leaves us with basically kids. 

6 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

I think it'll take a couple of seasons to get the players in to challenge at the top end of league one tbh. Can't see beilik or Lawrence staying, that leaves us with basically kids. 

I think this is why retaining Rooney is critical. There are several “youngsters” out of contract that could quite reasonably be tempted by offers from elsewhere.
If Rooney goes I fear there will be a mass exodus. If Rooney stay, there will still probably be an exodus but some may be persuaded to re-sign.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I think this is why retaining Rooney is critical. There are several “youngsters” out of contract that could quite reasonably be tempted by offers from elsewhere.
If Rooney goes I fear there will be a mass exodus. If Rooney stay, there will still probably be an exodus but some may be persuaded to re-sign.

I watched 3 League 1 games yesterday. If we can keep our young gems, bolster the squad sensibly and start on 0 points I don’t think we have too much to fear…..